zeovit.com Sewatec.de - Reef Supply International  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Curious about all zeovit tank T5 combination
Last Post: Mario_B
Posted On: Today
Replies: 4
Views: 650
0 vermetid snails.. and success stories
Last Post: Mario_B
Replies: 16
Views: 405
0 Daelie's Reefer 250
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 3
Views: 123
0 360g stag horn dominate reef tank
Last Post: ycnibrc
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 29
Views: 8,554
0 Rollermat with full Zeo
Replies: 2
Views: 144
4 Featured Tank . Pawel Szember (paszembe) - Poland
Last Post: tony73
Replies: 20
Views: 8,559
0 Radion G4 XR30 & Zeovit
Last Post: Silent
Posted On: 12-09-2019
Replies: 2
Views: 292
0 New Tank Setup
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: 12-09-2019
Replies: 5
Views: 1,123
0 Acropora ID please
Posted On: 12-07-2019
Replies: 1
Views: 225
0 80gallon Tank Build with Luke
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 12-07-2019
Replies: 29
Views: 34,941
More...

Old 11-11-2019, 12:29 PM
bckey bckey 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Default About to start running the ZEOvit system

Hi everyone. I am looking to change over a fairly new tank to the ZEOvit system. I have a 100 gallon IM DT (36" x 36") with a 30 gallon sump. There is approximately 70 lbs of marco shelf rock and 60 lbs of tropic eden sand. I have all the ZEOvit stuff ordered and should be here and ready to start this weekend (sunday) or later if suggested

1. 142 Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons
2. 100 gallons net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons
3. No (Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique)
4. BRS dual reactor with BRS gfo and BRS rox 0.8 carbon for about 2 months (Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.)
5. No (Are you using Ozone)
6. No (Are you using UV)
7. Bubble Magnus Curve 7 elite, up to 240 gallons What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume)
8. PO4 0.0 NO3 0.0 ppm What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels
9. Ca 440 Mg 1170 Alk 8.2 (What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels)
10. Clarisea 5000 fiter roller (What filtration method do you use)
11.2 Illumagic Blaze X 90 Leds. The specs are:
9 X 25 watt LED's Clusters
Cool white, red, green, blue, royal blue, violet & UV LED's
75 degree silicone optics (removable up to 120 degrees)
LED's 400 up to 620nm
9,000k - 20,000kWatt, color temp, how old, etc.)
12. Sps, lps and softies. I want the tank to be sps dominant (What corals do you keep)
13. Light tissue color (light or dark)
14. 6 months (How long has the tank been running)
15. I want to have an sps dominant tank that has healthy, beautiful, colorful corals. (Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system)
16. Acropower daily for coral and reefroids every 2 weeks (Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.)
17. 70 pounds of Marco shelf rock that was dry when I started (how much, how old, etc.)
18. No (Any present problems)
19. Some sps frags bleach out and some died, some dark at base. Had cyano but no longer a problem Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)
20. Hannah checkers, salifert (how old, recently switched, etc.)
21. Have not started zeovit yet Present dosing, amounts and intervals
22. 1.024 salinity, temp 78 Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.)
23. Tropic Marin Pro Reef (Which salt brand do you use)

The water was tested today after a 15% water change yesterday (every 2 weeks)
Old 11-12-2019, 03:40 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Hi bckey

Welcome to ZeoVit.com !

I would recommend to start as follows:

1. Place 1 liter zeovit in a Zeo Reactor. Water flow around 100 US gallons per hour. Connect the reactor pump to a clock timer and run the reactor pump with a 3 hour on / 3 hour off / 3 hour on interval. Please make sure the zeolite is not exposed to air while the pump is switched off. Clean the material daily. Leave the zeolite 4 weeks in the filter until you do the first change out. This is the first changing interval, others could be lengthen to 6 – 8 weeks.

2. Place 0.4 liters activated carbon in a filter sock and keep it in a passive water flow in your sump, changed every 30 days. Knead the carbon daily to keep the surface clean. Most users get perfect results with korallenzucht carbon. I have no experience with the ROX carbon but many have reported that it is to “aggressive” for a nutrient poor environment.

3. Dose 4 drops ZeoBac daily for the first 2 weeks, flowed by a 2 – 3 x weekly dosage of 4 drops. Dose 0.4 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily (morning & evening). Dose those in front of the Zeo reactor pump while it is switched on.

Later on you could use the additional products for coral coloration. Adjust your skimmer to skim wet, keeping it clean to export as much as possible. Do a weekly water change of 5 – 10 % with a good salt. I would also recommend to stop dosing the coral food you use at the moment, you might use it later again in smaller quantities if necessary.

With the system it is not recommended to use a PO4 absorber. I would recommend to remove 1/3 of the absorber if you start with zeovit, than reduce the rest over the next 6 – 8 weeks step by step to zero. If this is done keep a eye on the PO4 level which should not increase.

Basic water parameters looking good, try to keep them as stabile as possible close the NSW in the following ranges:

KH 6.5 – 7.5
Ca 400 – 420 mg
Mg 1250 – 1300 mg
K+ ~ 380 mg

For a nutrient poor environment K+ (potassium) seems to be a important element. I would recommend you to get a test kit for this element also, posting your results.

G.Alexander
Old 11-12-2019, 02:48 PM
bckey bckey 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

First of all thank you very much for the help. I appreciate it.

1- When you say clean the material daily do you want me to shake the zeovit once or twice daily for a minute?

2- Is it better to run the korallenzucht carbon in a media bag passively or on top of the zeovit in a media bag or in its own reactor?

3- You want me to continue running gfo in my reactor in a reduced amount slowly removing it from my system over a 6 - 8 week period? I had planned on just removing the gfo when I started the zeovit system but you are saying to slowly take it out?

4- Have a potassium kit on the way and I will post results when it gets here.

5- Are there any other zeovit additives that need to be refrigerated besides zeobak?

Brian
Old 11-12-2019, 09:32 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

I think it might be like this

1. Push and pull ZeoVit material several times a day in the morning and evening, you can push and pull 20 times. If you are comfortable, you can drop Zeo Bac and Zeo Start in front of the reactor inlet after this action.

2. In the conventional plan, usually, korallenzucht carbon is passively run in the medium bag, placed in Sump, passively flying, and replaced every 30 days.

3. Slow changes are good, sudden sharp changes may affect biology, corals may feel uncomfortable
G.Alexander said, [It is recommended to remove 1/3 of the absorbent from zeovit and then gradually reduce the remaining absorbent to zero over the next 6-8 weeks. If you do this, please pay attention to the level of PO4, which should not be increased]

4.Potassium recommends a level of 380-400 mg. If the test level is insufficient, Zeo KB, Zeo KB Strong provides potassium supplementation. Also remember, slow ascension

5. It is recommended to store the product in a temperature range of +4 degrees Celsius to +20 degrees Celsius, which should range from +39.2 degrees Fahrenheit to +68 degrees Fahrenheit. [ZeoBac,BioMate and Coral Vitalizer]

Last edited by jacky; 11-12-2019 at 09:42 PM.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:48 AM
ZEOadmin

If you remove the PO4 absorber all t once it will cause a increase of PO4 as ZeoVit, as a bacterial driven system, does need some time until it starts to process nutrients.

G.Alexander
Old 11-13-2019, 05:24 PM
bckey bckey 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Ok that makes sense.
Old 11-19-2019, 05:18 AM
bckey bckey 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I got my potassium test kit yesterday. My water potassium tested at 290.
Also I put my reactor together this weekend and it is still drying. I am looking at starting the zeovit somewhere around wednesday. Just got a little behind because some items arrived later than expected.
Old 11-19-2019, 06:13 AM
ZEOadmin

Would recommend you to slowly increase the K+ level to ~ 380 mg before starting with ZeoVit, please double check the test result before starting to increase the level.

G.Alexander
Old 11-19-2019, 07:43 PM
bckey bckey 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Retested potassium today and got 340. What do you suggest I use to bring up the potassium level?
Old 11-20-2019, 12:52 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Zeo KB or Zeo KB Strong supplements potassium, slowly increasing
Old 11-20-2019, 03:17 AM
ZEOadmin

Make sure to increase the level slowly, just with a maximum of 10 – 15 mg per day otherwise your corals might respond negative.

K-Balance Strong does contain mire potassium ions compared to the Standard version, it might be the better choice in your case if you like to use a korallenzucht product.

G.Alexander
Old 11-20-2019, 07:05 PM
bckey bckey 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I put 2 ml of the regular k-balance. I didn't see your post until after I had already dosed it. I put 2 ml because that was half the dose it calls for a 100 gallons. Should I skip tomorrow now?
Old 11-21-2019, 05:02 AM
ZEOadmin

Just reduce the addition to 50% but dose daily until the level is ~ 380 mg.

G.Alexander
Old 11-21-2019, 02:59 PM
bckey bckey 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I still don't understand because you are telling me metric doses which I am not real familiar with on converting mg to ml. I come up with .38 ml out of 380 mg which is well short of 50% of the 4 ml that Pohl's K-Balance recommends daily. And if you are wanting me to work up to .38 ml then I am really confused on how much to dose because that is 1/10th of the recommended daily dosage. Can you tell me in ml how much you want me to dose daily? Sorry for all the confusion.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:08 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

[Daily dose up to ~380 mg] refers to a slow increase in potassium to 380, not a "ml" dose

Tags
beginner, sps dominant, starting, zeovit start, zeovit system