zeovit.com EcoTech Marine LLC  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Curious about all zeovit tank T5 combination
Last Post: Mario_B
Posted On: Today
Replies: 4
Views: 650
0 vermetid snails.. and success stories
Last Post: Mario_B
Replies: 16
Views: 405
0 Daelie's Reefer 250
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 3
Views: 123
0 360g stag horn dominate reef tank
Last Post: ycnibrc
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 29
Views: 8,554
0 Rollermat with full Zeo
Replies: 2
Views: 144
4 Featured Tank . Pawel Szember (paszembe) - Poland
Last Post: tony73
Replies: 20
Views: 8,559
0 Radion G4 XR30 & Zeovit
Last Post: Silent
Posted On: 12-09-2019
Replies: 2
Views: 292
0 New Tank Setup
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: 12-09-2019
Replies: 5
Views: 1,123
0 Acropora ID please
Posted On: 12-07-2019
Replies: 1
Views: 225
0 80gallon Tank Build with Luke
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 12-07-2019
Replies: 29
Views: 34,941
More...
Old 09-19-2019, 03:22 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Jacky, as Bugger said one of the corals will loose its tissue when they get in contact to each other or come close to each other. I would recommend to separate them, break the rock where they are growing one or remove one of them by cutting it off and place it to a different kind of rock / place.

G.Alexander
Old 09-20-2019, 08:49 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Jacky, as Bugger said one of the corals will loose its tissue when they get in contact to each other or come close to each other. I would recommend to separate them, break the rock where they are growing one or remove one of them by cutting it off and place it to a different kind of rock / place.

G.Alexander
Thank you G., I will try to do this.
Old 11-30-2019, 09:01 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

G. I have a question. N / P is stable and low. Kh Ca Mg K + is stable in the range of NWS. In addition to these 4 elements, can you recommend me, which element should I focus on? Thank you. Is there a need for this?
Old 12-01-2019, 12:27 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Hello Jacky, I have personally just tested for KH, salinity and Ca regular, from time to time Mg and K+ also PO4 and NO3. Never done a ICP test as I have used a well balanced salt and corals where doing very well. If the above parameters are withing the recommended ranges and corals struggle it might make sense to do a ICP test as a reference for your own test kit results.

G.Alexander
Old 12-01-2019, 12:39 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Hello Jacky, I have personally just tested for KH, salinity and Ca regular, from time to time Mg and K+ also PO4 and NO3. Never done a ICP test as I have used a well balanced salt and corals where doing very well. If the above parameters are withing the recommended ranges and corals struggle it might make sense to do a ICP test as a reference for your own test kit results.

G.Alexander
Thank you G. I understand what you mean. Salinity Kh Ca Mg K +, N and P are always monitored and tested, and they are very stable and maintain a weekly water change of 5%. Corals perform well. Thank you
Old 12-01-2019, 12:41 AM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
G. I have a question. N / P is stable and low. Kh Ca Mg K + is stable in the range of NWS. In addition to these 4 elements, can you recommend me, which element should I focus on? Thank you. Is there a need for this?
I benefited alot from iodin dosing for blue tip corals.

What is your current dosing schedule jacky?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2019, 01:14 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohashimz View Post
I benefited alot from iodin dosing for blue tip corals.

What is your current dosing schedule jacky?

Thank you for your attention. Coral red / pink / blue / yellow are all good, but green is slightly lighter green. My dosing schedule is not always fixed, and the dose is adjusted according to the appearance of the coral.

3 drops of Zeo Bac and 3 drops of Zeo Sponge Power, twice a week.
Zeo Start 0.4ml x 2 daily.
ZeoCV 12 drops x 2 per day.
ZeoAA, 6 or 8-12 drops, x2 per day.
Xtra 6ml daily, or every other day.
Zeo iron 3 drops twice a week. Zeo Iodine 6 ~ 8 drops, 2 ~ 3 times a week.
Zeo BB 6ml twice a week.
When I add Zeo BB, sometimes I take Zeo Sponge Power 18 ~ 24 drops together

It's hard to tell the frequency of doses while giving these nutritional supplements sometimes higher doses and sometimes 3 days stacking. I always adjust with the appearance of corals. The levels of N and P are good. P sometimes comes to 0.03ppm, but this is not a problem. No trouble with bad algae, no problems with Cyanos, everything is fine. When I gave a high nutrient dose, there were some signs of overdose on the glass, but this was not a problem.
Old 12-01-2019, 01:16 AM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Thank you for your attention. Coral red / pink / blue / yellow are all good, but green is slightly lighter green. My dosing schedule is not always fixed, and the dose is adjusted according to the appearance of the coral. 3 drops of Zeo Bac and 3 drops of Zeo Sponge Power, twice a week. Zeo Start 0.4ml x 2 daily. ZeoCV 12 drops x 2 per day. ZeoAA, 6 or 8-12 drops, x2 per day. Xtra 6ml daily, or every other day. Zeo iron 3 drops twice a week. Zeo Iodine 6 ~ 8 drops, 2 ~ 3 times a week. Zeo BB 6ml twice a week. It's hard to tell the frequency of doses while giving these nutritional supplements sometimes higher doses and sometimes 3 days stacking. I always adjust with the appearance of corals. The levels of N and P are good. P sometimes comes to 0.03ppm, but this is not a problem. No trouble with bad algae, no problems with Cyanos, everything is fine. When I gave a high nutrient dose, there were some signs of overdose on the glass, but this was not a problem.
Jacky..you dose cv 12 drops 2 times a day?
You dose AA 2 times a day?

I think you want a week right?

Old 12-01-2019, 01:21 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:

Yes, that's right. 2 times a day (morning and evening). Maybe I have a big skimmer.
Old 12-01-2019, 01:51 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

I said this way, for example: iodine and iron levels, I should also get the test package to get data, and then stabilize at a suitable level. Should I do this?

But G. gave me a good answer, refreshing the elements in a balanced way by changing the water every week.

And currently I always rely on the color of the coral to add to the dose. For example: blue, the appearance becomes slightly lighter blue. I did give a deeper level to the iodine dose, and it also affected the green coral.

Red coral has always been no problem, because potassium is always maintained at 380 ~ 400 mg.

Overall color concentration, ZeoAA, and coral healthier tissues become stronger

Zeo CV, PE extended predation is better, polyps grow and the health of the coral itself, and more growth points are generated.

Zeo Xtra, coral is healthy, the color becomes metallic / bright, the coral as a whole is slightly thicker / healthy, like a full complement of elements (like trace elements and some different amino acids)

That's about it, forgive me for not describing. There is really no problem.

Does it make sense to maintain iodine and iron levels? (I learned that iodine is not easy to test, and signs of iodine and iron excess)
Old 12-01-2019, 01:57 AM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
I said this way, for example: iodine and iron levels, I should also get the test package to get data, and then stabilize at a suitable level. Should I do this?

But G. gave me a good answer, refreshing the elements in a balanced way by changing the water every week.

And currently I always rely on the color of the coral to add to the dose. For example: blue, the appearance becomes slightly lighter blue. I did give a deeper level to the iodine dose, and it also affected the green coral.

Red coral has always been no problem, because potassium is always maintained at 380 ~ 400 mg.

Overall color concentration, ZeoAA, and coral healthier tissues become stronger

Zeo CV, PE extended predation is better, polyps grow and the health of the coral itself, and more growth points are generated.

Zeo Xtra, coral is healthy, the color becomes metallic / bright, the coral as a whole is slightly thicker / healthy, like a full complement of elements (like trace elements and some different amino acids)

That's about it, forgive me for not describing. There is really no problem.

Does it make sense to maintain iodine and iron levels? (I learned that iodine is not easy to test, and signs of iodine and iron excess)
I depend on Triton for my iodin dosing. Iseuslky dose 3 times a week 1 to 2 drops/25g

Old 12-01-2019, 02:13 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

I'm so stupid. Iron, iodine and strontium are all "trace elements". It can be refreshed by changing the water balance every week, and the main thing is to judge the appearance of the coral.

So if I use the data as an auxiliary reference value, is this also good?

For example potassium: When the level is less than 380 mg, the appearance of the coral does change, [I can know the condition 1. What is the data level 2. Coral appearance] Coral red performance remained stable when potassium levels remained stable at 380-420 mg

For example, iron / iodine: green / blue corals, I can only rely on the appearance of the corals. If iron / iodine levels remain stable in the proper range, is it also a good way? (I added a data number reference), (And can maintain a relatively stable level)

Don't know if you understand my problem
Old 12-01-2019, 02:26 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:

Sometimes Zeo CV18 drops, morning and night, one day. Sometimes the overall appearance of corals is slightly lighter, or when I want to make the overall health and color of corals stronger, ZeoAA 8 ~ 10 or 12 drops, once a day. No algae, nothing bad, or some serious problem, a slight sign of overdose, but none of it is a problem. So my dosing frequency is really not fixed. It depends on coral health and appearance.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:09 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
I depend on Triton for my iodin dosing. Iseuslky dose 3 times a week 1 to 2 drops/25g

Thank you, so how do you know if the iodine level is insufficient or excessive? Or we can only adjust from the blue / yellow / green / coral appearance. So how does this adjustment know the best? Or does it maintain a stable color if the iodine level is kept stable? Is this also good?

For example: numbers 1 ~ 10. I got the coral color I wanted (blue, green, yellow, all good) at number 5.

When the color fades and needs to be supplemented, the number may come to 4 or 3 or 2.

After adding the elements, the coral becomes beautiful, at this time the number may come to 5.6. Or 7

Then if this level is always stable at 5, or 4.5.6. Isn't that nice?
Old 12-04-2019, 12:50 AM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Sometimes Zeo CV18 drops, morning and night, one day. Sometimes the overall appearance of corals is slightly lighter, or when I want to make the overall health and color of corals stronger, ZeoAA 8 ~ 10 or 12 drops, once a day. No algae, nothing bad, or some serious problem, a slight sign of overdose, but none of it is a problem. So my dosing frequency is really not fixed. It depends on coral health and appearance.
Wow..this is alot of amino acids and coral nutrients every day. Am suprised why your coral still look pale..your system is beautiful, I just think your coral is too pale.
I cannot explain how your system consume all this daily nutrients additives and still coral look pale.
Am guessing you do not feed fish much, and your fish count is low, so your bioload is low. That's why you do not have high po4 or no3..is that correct?
How do you keep your po4 stable low?
I have big bio load and feed fish alot, I keep po4 at 0.08 and some times I need to ise rowaphos to bring it down if I have po4 spik.
I also like coral color more deep thats why i intentionally up the po4 no3 a bit.
But i dose aa and cv 3 times a week only ha ha ha...

Last edited by ohashimz; 12-04-2019 at 01:13 AM.