zeovit.com Aquariumspeciality  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Dinoflagellates
Last Post: preecy
Posted On: Today
Replies: 3
Views: 72
0 15% OFF Pre-Black Friday Sales + 20% OFF Tunze
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 23
0 About to start running the ZEOvit system
Last Post: bckey
Replies: 5
Views: 165
4 Featured Tank . Pawel Szember (paszembe) - Poland
Last Post: sps_muc
Replies: 13
Views: 4,896
0 New Waterbox 190.5
Last Post: Wunderpus
Replies: 12
Views: 376
0 Transferring corals to ULNS
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 11-12-2019
Replies: 16
Views: 4,276
0 Curious about all zeovit tank T5 combination
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 11-12-2019
Replies: 3
Views: 217
0 New Guy Here.
Last Post: Mzurlo
Posted On: 11-11-2019
Replies: 38
Views: 5,371
0 Veterans Day Sale - 15% OFF Storewide
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 11-11-2019
Replies: 0
Views: 91
0 High Nutrient normal???
Last Post: Bugger
Posted On: 11-10-2019
Replies: 5
Views: 240
More...

Old 09-30-2019, 02:35 PM
Mzurlo Mzurlo ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Default New Guy Here.

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter (100 gallon tank / 60 gallon extra tank for rock and refugium / 30 gallon sump. Total 190)
2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter (140 gallon)
3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique (ESV 2 part Calcium and Alkalinity
4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) (No)
5. Are you using Ozone (No)
6. Are you using UV (Yes)
7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) (Bubble Magus Curve 7, Rated volume 150-240 gallon)
8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels (PO4 0.27 & NO3 .2 Im going to recheck these numbers tonight after work)
9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels Ca 420, Alk 8.5, Mag 1290
10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) (Cheato)
11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) Kessil 3 x A360X and 4 T5 Hybrid, bought A360X 4 months ago and had the T5 from the beginning 2 years ago. Bulbs are less them 4 months old.
12. What corals do you keep (LPS & SPS)
13. Tissue color (light or dark) (dark)
14. How long has the tank been running (2 years)
15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system (lower my PO4 and NO3 also to get Better Colors)
16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) (Rea Sea Colors A, B ,C, D)
17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) (130 lbs of live rock split between in both tanks may 90 in my display tank and 40 in the Refugium)
18. Any present problems (between killing off aiptasia and flatworms. No really issues with Algae)
19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) (none really)
20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) new kits, Red Sea and also Hannah)
21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.) (Have not started dosing anything yet.)
22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.) (Salinity is 1.25 temp is 77.5 all day.)
23. Which salt brand do you use (ESV Salt)

thanks for all the help.
Mark Zurlo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	reef tank.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	22381  
Old 09-30-2019, 02:55 PM
Bugger Bugger ثeu
ZEOdabbler

Nice tank. I'd advise you to take a look at the guide and implement all zeovit products. https://cms.korallen-zucht.de/files/...efing_engl.pdf
How are you liking those a360x's
Old 09-30-2019, 03:18 PM
Mzurlo Mzurlo ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugger View Post
Nice tank. I'd advise you to take a look at the guide and implement all zeovit products. https://cms.korallen-zucht.de/files/...efing_engl.pdf
How are you liking those a360x's
Thanks Bugger
I've been a die hard T-5 guy for years, I just set this tank up 2 years ago but had others in the past. I love the growth I get from the T-5's. that is why I wanted to add the a360x for the colors and health. i love the adjustability on them and I'm getting added growth I can tell already. here are a couple side by side the little one was taken 11/13/17 and 22 months later 9/27/19 here it is, it about the size of a basketball around. when i buy a bigger tank soon. its not going to fit the hole on tank of the tank i'll have to cut it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Coral 11-13-17.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	22382   Click image for larger version

Name:	coral 2.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	22383  
Old 09-30-2019, 04:59 PM
Mzurlo Mzurlo ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

My water volume is 140. and i bought a 4L Zeovite reactor. what size pump to i need to buy? how many gallons and hour do i need to run on it? and for how long a day?

Thanks
Mark
Old 09-30-2019, 08:03 PM
Bugger Bugger ثeu
ZEOdabbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzurlo View Post
Thanks Bugger
I've been a die hard T-5 guy for years, I just set this tank up 2 years ago but had others in the past. I love the growth I get from the T-5's. that is why I wanted to add the a360x for the colors and health. i love the adjustability on them and I'm getting added growth I can tell already. here are a couple side by side the little one was taken 11/13/17 and 22 months later 9/27/19 here it is, it about the size of a basketball around. when i buy a bigger tank soon. its not going to fit the hole on tank of the tank i'll have to cut it.
Yeah those corals grow like weeds. 100 gph per 1000ml of material. 3 hours on off for the first month
the basic four plus AA LPS and flatwormstop is a good start for you.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:28 PM
G.Alexander G.Alexander ثeu
ZEOadmin

Hi Mark

I would recommend you to start as follows:

1. Place 1.3 liter zeovit in a Zeo Reactor. Water flow around 140 US gallons per hour. Connect the reactor pump to a clock timer and run the reactor pump with a 3 hour on / 3 hour off / 3 hour on interval. Please make sure the zeolite is not exposed to air while the pump is switched off. Clean the material daily. Leave the zeolite 4 weeks in the filter until you do the first change out. This is the first changing interval, others could be lengthen to 6 – 8 weeks.

2. Place 0.5 liters activated carbon in a filter sock and keep it in a passive water flow in your sump, changed every 30 days. Knead the carbon daily to keep the surface clean. Most users get perfect results with korallenzucht carbon.

3. Dose 5 drops ZeoBac daily for the first 2 weeks, flowed by a 2 – 3 x weekly dosage of 5 drops. Dose 0.5 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily (morning & evening). Dose those in front of the Zeo reactor pump while it is switched on.

Later on you could use the additional products for coral coloration. Adjust your skimmer to skim wet, keeping it clean to export as much as possible. Do a weekly water change of 5 – 10 % with a good salt.

With the system it is not recommended to use a UV filter so I would recommend to remove it.

Basic water parameters looking good, try to keep them as stabile as possible close the NSW in the following ranges:

KH 6.5 – 7.5
Ca 400 – 420 mg
Mg 1250 – 1300 mg
K+ ~ 380 mg

For a nutrient poor environment K+ (potassium) seems to be a important element. I would recommend you to get a test kit for this element also, posting your results.

As the PO4 level is relative high already it will take some time before you notice a decrease so some patience will be necessary.

This is a start-up dosage which might have to be adjusted later.

G.Alexander
Old 10-01-2019, 09:41 AM
Mzurlo Mzurlo ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugger View Post
Yeah those corals grow like weeds. 100 gph per 1000ml of material. 3 hours on off for the first month
the basic four plus AA LPS and flatwormstop is a good start for you.
Thanks for your help Bugger, I really appreciate your help. Have a good day.

Mark
Old 10-01-2019, 09:47 AM
Mzurlo Mzurlo ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Hi Mark

1. Place 1.3 liter zeovit in a Zeo Reactor. Water flow around 140 US gallons per hour. Connect the reactor pump to a clock timer and run the reactor pump with a 3 hour on / 3 hour off / 3 hour on interval. Please make sure the zeolite is not exposed to air while the pump is switched off. Clean the material daily. Leave the zeolite 4 weeks in the filter until you do the first change out. This is the first changing interval, others could be lengthen to 6 8 weeks.

2. Place 0.5 liters activated carbon in a filter sock and keep it in a passive water flow in your sump, changed every 30 days. Knead the carbon daily to keep the surface clean. Most users get perfect results with korallenzucht carbon.

3. Dose 5 drops ZeoBac daily for the first 2 weeks, flowed by a 2 3 x weekly dosage of 5 drops. Dose 0.5 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily (morning & evening). Dose those in front of the Zeo reactor pump while it is switched on.

Later on you could use the additional products for coral coloration. Adjust your skimmer to skim wet, keeping it clean to export as much as possible. Do a weekly water change of 5 10 % with a good salt.

With the system it is not recommended to use a UV filter so I would recommend to remove it.

Basic water parameters looking good, try to keep them as stabile as possible close the NSW in the following ranges:

KH 6.5 7.5
Ca 400 420 mg
Mg 1250 1300 mg
K+ ~ 380 mg

For a nutrient poor environment K+ (potassium) seems to be a important element. I would recommend you to get a test kit for this element also, posting your results.

As the PO4 level is relative high already it will take some time before you notice a decrease so some patience will be necessary.

G.Alexander
Very nice info to have G.Alexander thanks for everything and your help. I'll get my test kit and start with your info. and remove my UV light. question about the wet skim, is that where its more water coming out into the cup is lighter in color or a slower drip and its dark in color?

Thanks
Mark
Old 10-01-2019, 11:56 AM
Mzurlo Mzurlo ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Hi Mark

1. Place 1.3 liter zeovit in a Zeo Reactor. Water flow around 140 US gallons per hour. Connect the reactor pump to a clock timer and run the reactor pump with a 3 hour on / 3 hour off / 3 hour on interval. Please make sure the zeolite is not exposed to air while the pump is switched off. Clean the material daily. Leave the zeolite 4 weeks in the filter until you do the first change out. This is the first changing interval, others could be lengthen to 6 8 weeks.

3. Dose 5 drops ZeoBac daily for the first 2 weeks, flowed by a 2 3 x weekly dosage of 5 drops. Dose 0.5 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily (morning & evening). Dose those in front of the Zeo reactor pump while it is switched on.

Later on you could use the additional products for coral coloration. Adjust your skimmer to skim wet, keeping it clean to export as much as possible. Do a weekly water change of 5 10 % with a good salt.

KH 6.5 7.5
Ca 400 420 mg
Mg 1250 1300 mg
K+ ~ 380 mg

G.Alexander
.Alexander One more question is DKH and KH the same number. i run my dKH for my tank at 9.5dKH if they are the same, how do I lower it? I called ESV the salt company and they haven't got back to me.

Thanks
Mark
Old 10-01-2019, 12:22 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

The consumption of coral reef kh is always very fast, we can temporarily turn off the dosing equipment, and then stabilize at kh 6.5~7.5
Old 10-01-2019, 11:10 PM
G.Alexander G.Alexander ثeu
ZEOadmin

Hello Mark, KH and dKH should be the same. The KH does drop relative quick as it consumed by corals so if you just stop dosing your KH component it should come down by itself.

If you skim more wet the skimate will be lighter in color like green tea for example. This in conjunction of cleaning the skimmer and the skimmer neck daily will optimize the export.

G.Alexander
Old 10-05-2019, 07:00 PM
Mzurlo Mzurlo ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Hello Mark, KH and dKH should be the same. The KH does drop relative quick as it consumed by corals so if you just stop dosing your KH component it should come down by itself.

If you skim more wet the skimate will be lighter in color like green tea for example. This in conjunction of cleaning the skimmer and the skimmer neck daily will optimize the export.

G.Alexander
Perfect, thanks for the info, I setup everything yesterday and started, im going to test everything in the morning and post numbers.

Have a great day.
Mark
Old 10-18-2019, 09:11 AM
Mzurlo Mzurlo ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

hello Gentlemen

I have a update on my tank. I'd like your advice. So i started zeovit on Oct 5 so a day shy of two weeks. I took my readings last night before the lights went out, here they are. My coral look the same as day one. and I'm still getting Green Algae on the front glass pretty bad and I thought it would slow down, i think it's worst now, it looks green and brown. I almost what to say maybe I have more water vol then i think. maybe 150 or 160 and im doing for 140. What do you guys think? is everything on track?

Here is what i'm doing.

Zeovit reactor is set to 140 gallon and hour
0.5 liters activated carbon
Dose 5 drops ZeoBac daily for the first 2 weeks. (1 day left of this)
Dose 0.5 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily (morning & evening)

Alk 8.5 (I'm working on bringing this down now. I have lowered my dosing)
Cal 430
PO4 0.28 ppm
Potassium 390
Mag 1300

Thanks
Mark
Old 10-18-2019, 09:39 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

After the first 2 weeks,
Zeo Bac 5 drops 2~3 times a week,
Zeo Start 0.5ml x2 Every morning and evening,
let us get 5 drops of Zeo SpongePower every other day

Leave the zeolite in the filter for 4 weeks until you make the first change, which is the first change interval. (that is, wait another 2 weeks)

Adjust your skimmer so that it is slightly wet and keep it clean so as to exit as much as possible. Use high-quality salt to change water 5 to 10% per week.

The green and brown algae/bacteria on the glass, using a cleaning brush to wipe the glass, the nutrition seems to be very high, let us maintain and continue to implement the Zeo Foundation 4, while the nutritional level is slowly decreasing, it should gradually improve the situation.

Water purification with Zeo “conventional” dose = Zeo Bac/SpongePower (1 drop / 25 US gallons), Zeo Start (0.1 ml / 25 US gallons). So you have to calculate the correct amount of water for Zeo Start, which is better. (If you use Zeo Start's automatic dosing method in the future, you can calculate the daily small dose more accurately)

Last edited by jacky; 10-18-2019 at 09:51 AM.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:36 AM
Mzurlo Mzurlo ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
After the first 2 weeks,
Zeo Bac 5 drops 2~3 times a week,
Zeo Start 0.5ml x2 Every morning and evening,
let us get 5 drops of Zeo SpongePower every other day

Leave the zeolite in the filter for 4 weeks until you make the first change, which is the first change interval. (that is, wait another 2 weeks)

Adjust your skimmer so that it is slightly wet and keep it clean so as to exit as much as possible. Use high-quality salt to change water 5 to 10% per week.

The green and brown algae/bacteria on the glass, using a cleaning brush to wipe the glass, the nutrition seems to be very high, let us maintain and continue to implement the Zeo Foundation 4, while the nutritional level is slowly decreasing, it should gradually improve the situation.

Water purification with Zeo conventional dose = Zeo Bac/SpongePower (1 drop / 25 US gallons), Zeo Start (0.1 ml / 25 US gallons). So you have to calculate the correct amount of water for Zeo Start, which is better. (If you use Zeo Start's automatic dosing method in the future, you can calculate the daily small dose more accurately)

jacky,

So I will need to get some SpongePower, So right now i only dose Zeo Bac an ZEO Start, and you want me to start dosing SpongePower right? how offen should i dose that?

Thanks
Mark