zeovit.com Premium Aquatics  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 A couple issues
Last Post: Catbaciu
Posted On: Today
Replies: 16
Views: 506
0 Farbgebung verbessern
Last Post: ArturW33
Replies: 20
Views: 4,169
0 Mein Kleines Wohnzimmerriff
Last Post: ArturW33
Replies: 61
Views: 7,628
0 Returning to reefing...
Last Post: Nuuze
Replies: 25
Views: 2,480
0 Sabbia letto bianco
Last Post: Fabiomassimo
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 34
0 360g stag horn dominate reef tank
Last Post: ycnibrc
Replies: 40
Views: 10,943
0 Newbie - Where To Start
Last Post: UncleFester
Replies: 21
Views: 610
0 new 75 gallon tank
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 63
Views: 10,527
0 New System
Replies: 190
Views: 48,781
0 PO4 still high
Replies: 6
Views: 168
More...

Old 01-09-2020, 04:09 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

I'm trying to understand the meaning of the words you said. I'm sorry I can't understand what you mean. Can you change it? (Sorry, my English level is not very good)
Old 01-09-2020, 05:44 AM
danno45 danno45 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
I'm trying to understand the meaning of the words you said. I'm sorry I can't understand what you mean. Can you change it? (Sorry, my English level is not very good)

I did 3-15% water changes in a 10 days to see if we could get some colors back in the corals. I never used zeo food in my tank in the year its been set up. I was asking if that could be the reason for the lite colors of some of the corals?
Old 01-09-2020, 07:34 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Thank you, I understand what you mean. My experience is not very good, but I think the coral color is pale, it is difficult to say what the reason is, it may be too much blue spectrum, incorrect salinity, elemental imbalance, high nutrition level, biological leakage, insect pests, etc .

Feeding and the addition of elements do change the appearance of the coral and have a positive impact on the coral, but it is best to build it in an environment with poor nutrition and stable water quality.

However, changing the water refreshed the elements in a balanced way, and I can't tell you anything, maybe the element's "balance" (comfortable) is indeed quite important.

Normally, the Zeo system has a pale coral color, and I would recommend checking whether potassium is correct. People often forget the importance of this element.

In my area, most of the people (low malnutrition systems), because corals are pale in color, are heavily supplemented with nutrients to ensure coral health. But they don't know the importance of potassium.

I went through this process, and I can definitely say that undernourished water environment, stable and suitable water parameters (including potassium), corals are no problem, and the color is better.

I know that some people advocate how much N and P are needed, I understand that everyone has different tastes, and some people do not support the concept of low malnutrition water quality.

Very low malnutrition water quality, coral is no problem, better

I also appreciate this forum, with everyone / G.Alexander. Let me learn a lot.

(Sorry, it seems to deviate from your question)

Last edited by jacky; 01-09-2020 at 07:52 AM.
Old 01-10-2020, 01:54 AM
danno45 danno45 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Thanks for your thoughts Jacky The zeo system keeps me in tune with the tank. Im continuing to use the blue bottles because I committed to doing this. I will take a couple pictures of the corals this weekend.
I tested k+its a 400 to 410 every time I test. I think everythings close to being what zeo recommends. Thanks again
Old 01-10-2020, 03:23 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

As Jacky mention some pictures which do show the issues you have with the corals would be good, also how much B-Balance do you dose how often ?

G.Alexander
Old 01-10-2020, 09:06 AM
danno45 danno45 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

G.Alexander I dosed b-balance 7 times in November and 7 times in December. And 2 times in January so far.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:23 PM
ZEOadmin

B-Balance does have a mild tissue lighting effect so if corals tissue is to light already I would recommend to stop dosing it temporary.

G.Alexander
Old 01-11-2020, 11:33 PM
danno45 danno45 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Ok G. Alexander Ill stop using it. Can you tell me does the zeo food help with the corals colors? When starting the tank we stopped using it and never used it since then. Since Jan 1 st I started using it and the corals are getting color in them again.. Ive been dosing it since Jan. 1st. the way the bottle said to. So could this be the reason the color is coming back?
Old 01-11-2020, 11:50 PM
ZEOadmin

ZeoFood does contain several vitamins and amino acids which does have a positive effect to corals growth and coloration beside the components which are added to improve the biology of the system. Usually 1 drop / 25 US gallons 2 x weekly works very well.

G.Alexander
Old 01-19-2020, 11:48 PM
danno45 danno45 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Thank you G.Alexander the corals are doing vary well now. All the corals I was having problems with that browned out they have started coloring back up.
Can you tell me about b-balance will it help the darken corals up our does it lighten corals and also coral booster what is it supposed to do to the corals? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Yesterday, 06:20 AM
ZEOadmin

Glad to hear corals do recover. If you have temporary reduce the reactor flow just increase it again step by step slowly.

If nutrients are stabile low you can try to dose B-Balance @ 3 ml 2 3 x weekly additional. The dosage is calculated on a net water volume of 85 US gallons.

G.Alexander