zeovit.com EcoTech Marine LLC  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Marvelousone 180 round 2
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 4
Views: 108
0 Can you water down zeostart
Last Post: marvelousone
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 1
Views: 66
0 How to post pictures
Last Post: marvelousone
Replies: 0
Views: 88
0 Want to use zeovit but with UV
Last Post: abhishek@1985
Replies: 5
Views: 247
0 hope to start new tank with zeovit
Replies: 59
Views: 5,029
0 Start with zeovit method (running tank)
Replies: 10
Views: 318
0 130 л Зеовит аква
Replies: 24
Views: 876
0 White deposits in Bio Mate
Last Post: Thomas Pohl
Replies: 4
Views: 207
0 Hey!
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 11
Views: 178
0 how to use zeospur2?
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 2
Views: 120
More...

Old 01-09-2019, 10:24 PM
smpysw smpysw ثeuW
ZEOhead in Training

Default The problem of dosing after 14 days

Hi All,
I installed a new system a few weeks ago. I need some help with the dosing after a 14 day cycle, the nitrate and phosphate are very low . The Hanna Phosphorus colorimeter shows 3 ppb. live rock and sand are very clean.

It is important that the corals become brighter, lighter,but Polyps dont extend well.

after 14 day cycle,the dosing:
bac 4drops 2x/weekly
start3 0.74ml/daily
SP 4drops every other day

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - 370L
2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - 370L approx.
3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique - No
4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) - NO
5. Are you using Ozone - NO
6. Are you using UV - NO
7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) - AE CL
8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels - PO4: 3 ppb hanna phosphorus NO3: 0
9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels - no test
10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) -refugium
11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) - kessil 360We*2 400w hybrid
12. What corals do you keep? many SPS
13. Tissue color (light or dark) - Light
14. How long has the tank been running - 3 weeks
15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system - Colour
16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) NO
17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) 15kg fresh.
18. Any present problems - the corals become brighter, lighter,but Polyps dont extend well.
19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) - NO
20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) -
Hanna
21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, )
bac 4drops 2x/weekly
start3 0.74ml/daily
SP 4drops every other day
22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.) - Salinity: 1.023, Temp: 24,
23. Which salt brand do you use - TM.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:32 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

If there is low nutrition, then slightly change the dose Zeo Start3 - 0.35 x 2 It should not cause nutrients to rise, if you are willing to let us get Zeo CV,May be a good choice

One thing I don't think is right. Usually it shouldn't be so fast after 14 cycles. Let the tissue lighten. What is the amount and flow of zeolite?

Last edited by jacky; 01-09-2019 at 10:58 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:07 PM
smpysw smpysw ثeuW
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
If there is low nutrition, then slightly change the dose Zeo Start3 - 0.35 x 2 It should not cause nutrients to rise, if you are willing to let us get Zeo CV,May be a good choice

One thing I don't think is right. Usually it shouldn't be so fast after 14 cycles. Let the tissue lighten. What is the amount and flow of zeolite?
I used 1L zeolite,with 400L/h

I will take some Pictures to show the color of coral tissue later
Old 01-09-2019, 11:28 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

370L 15kg fresh live rock, under regular dose. This cycle is usually the growth and regression of algae in 14 days. PO4 should not be so low at the low point, not necessarily, but most of the usual
Old 01-10-2019, 12:38 AM
smpysw smpysw ثeuW
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
370L 15kg fresh live rock, under regular dose. This cycle is usually the growth and regression of algae in 14 days. PO4 should not be so low at the low point, not necessarily, but most of the usual
I text po4,day5 0.195 day6 0.15 day13 0.009

now i can use CV ?
Old 01-10-2019, 01:11 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Can you post coral pictures, how they are algae, and the level of elements,Light source lighting time
Old 01-10-2019, 03:15 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander ثeu
ZEOadmin

Lease keep in mind that the system is really young, at this stage biology which is a important factor does still improve. Looking forward to see some coral pictures, also which kind of carbon do you use ?

Please also measure and post the K+ level. KH and Ca level would also be interesting.

G.Alexander
Old 01-10-2019, 09:42 PM
smpysw smpysw ثeuW
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Lease keep in mind that the system is really young, at this stage biology which is a important factor does still improve. Looking forward to see some coral pictures, also which kind of carbon do you use ?

Please also measure and post the K+ level. KH and Ca level would also be interesting.

G.Alexander
hi G,
hanna po4 0.027
salifert KH 3.5

I started using Calcium reactor ,and i used zeo's carbon 185ml

Old 01-10-2019, 10:23 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Tank is still very young. This stage of biology seems to be very important. The density of detail is usually confirmed after the first replacement of zeolite, and the salinity is confirmed to be normal. The recommended level is suitable for the parameter kh 6.5~7.5 ,Ca 400~420, Mg1200~1300 ,K+~ 380 mg, the lifting of huge elements is slow, it is recommended to start with checking the salinity

Corals are very healthy and beautiful. They look like new ones entering the tank. Usually corals will adapt to various environments and then start to grow and then start to appear.

Keep these items with the Zeo additions on weekdays, control nutrition, and stretch the biology for a long time until the first time you change the zeolite
Old 01-11-2019, 03:42 AM
ZEOadmin

The KH is to low, can not say anything to the other levels but I would recommend to measure them also. Make sure to increase the KH very slow and keep it stabile in the range of 6.5 – 7.5

G.Alexander
Old 01-11-2019, 04:34 AM
smpysw smpysw ثeuW
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
The KH is to low, can not say anything to the other levels but I would recommend to measure them also. Make sure to increase the KH very slow and keep it stabile in the range of 6.5 7.5

G.Alexander
I'm starting to move up slowly.
I'll watch it for a few days.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:35 AM
smpysw smpysw ثeuW
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Tank is still very young. This stage of biology seems to be very important. The density of detail is usually confirmed after the first replacement of zeolite, and the salinity is confirmed to be normal. The recommended level is suitable for the parameter kh 6.5~7.5 ,Ca 400~420, Mg1200~1300 ,K+~ 380 mg, the lifting of huge elements is slow, it is recommended to start with checking the salinity

Corals are very healthy and beautiful. They look like new ones entering the tank. Usually corals will adapt to various environments and then start to grow and then start to appear.

Keep these items with the Zeo additions on weekdays, control nutrition, and stretch the biology for a long time until the first time you change the zeolite

THX for your advice.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:52 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by smpysw View Post
THX for your advice.
New tank, 14 cycles, kh3.5 is not easy, try to confirm the correct level of all elements again, if kh3.5 is indeed the correct value first check the salinity level, the second discussion why, the third Mg should not be Suitable for the level range.

The biology of the tank is still changing over time, and there are fish (3) in the tank. Paying close attention to the elemental level including K+ is especially important with the poor nutrition, for the cell biology, color, growth, and generality of coral. Health impact

Slightly slow down to make the system more stable, and usually bacterial colonization will be shown after the first change of zeolite.

Adapt > Growth > Color
Old 01-11-2019, 11:35 PM
ZEOadmin

The bicolor angel is also know to nip on the corals which will prevent the polyps from coming out. Hopefully yours does not as they can be really individual.

G.Alexander
Old 01-13-2019, 10:04 PM
smpysw smpysw ثeuW
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
New tank, 14 cycles, kh3.5 is not easy, try to confirm the correct level of all elements again, if kh3.5 is indeed the correct value first check the salinity level, the second discussion why, the third Mg should not be Suitable for the level range.

The biology of the tank is still changing over time, and there are fish (3) in the tank. Paying close attention to the elemental level including K+ is especially important with the poor nutrition, for the cell biology, color, growth, and generality of coral. Health impact

Slightly slow down to make the system more stable, and usually bacterial colonization will be shown after the first change of zeolite.

Adapt > Growth > Color
hi jacky

My test is correct.

i used Calcium reactor,and now,the kh is 5.0.

but, K+ level is very low,I will buy a new salifert K to test .