zeovit.com Vertex  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 80gallon Tank Build with Luke
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Today
Replies: 13
Views: 1,950
0 GIVEAWAY: Premium Aquatics Deluxe Fragging Kit
Replies: 1
Views: 332
0 Cyno bacteria started
Last Post: Russreef
Replies: 4
Views: 81
0 Start Zeovit system
Last Post: Lykan968
Replies: 12
Views: 386
6 zeolites
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 4
Views: 70
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Replies: 393
Views: 50,916
0 Coral snow plus
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 11
Views: 353
0 GIVEAWAY: AlgaeFree Hammerhead Plus Magnet Scraper
Replies: 0
Views: 44
0 Tank w.vreeswijk
Last Post: W.vreeswijk
Replies: 359
Views: 56,266
0 new to zeovit
Posted On: 08-16-2019
Replies: 284
Views: 27,539
More...

Old 05-07-2019, 01:56 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Please additional post a clear picture of your sump and a full tank shot, maybe we can see something ?

If the metal clip is really the problem I would recommend to do three water changes each 20% within the next 10 days, additional dose 6 ml CoralSnow every other day while doing this time.

G.Alexander
Old 05-07-2019, 08:02 PM
Newtankguy Newtankguy 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

https://imgur.com/gallery/ixqPZx8

Metal clamp is out. Ordered a reactor. 20% water change was done, before the water change was done. i used the salifert kit and according to the instructions if you want more precise results you double the water in the vial and double the reagents then divide the results by 2. i did that and my phosphates are at .015.

Last edited by Newtankguy; 05-07-2019 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:15 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

I don't know if the black plastic tube will cause any problems. If you are willing to replace the silicone material, it may be more suitable.

You need a high-precision instrument, and even if you change the dose mode, it's really hard to get an exact actual value.

So if PO4 is 0.015, the value seems to be different from the actual appearance of the coral.

If the PO4 value is 0.015, then there are definitely other factors that cause the coral tissue to look dark.

Last edited by jacky; 05-07-2019 at 10:31 PM.
Old 05-07-2019, 11:25 PM
ZEOhead in Training

the black plastic tube i used before for 6 years! was never an issue in my old system.

im hoping it was that metal clamp that was causing the browning but who knows... because if you look at the picture i have stuff growing on the glass and bio film on the top of my water.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:24 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

I re-read the picture, the sand bed inside Sump, it looks very thick, then maybe there may be hydrogen sulfide in the sand bed (I am not sure),Possibly less because the fish seems healthy, or maybe this sand bed leaches certain substances and leads to coral Browning

Just some ideas/possibility
Old 05-08-2019, 01:56 AM
ZEOhead in Training

no no the sand is in the display, not sand in my sump. i do appreciate all the help!
Old 05-08-2019, 02:17 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Sorry, I see this part as sand, sorry.

Some dry rocks don't look like good quality live rock, those dry rocks do you think would be a problem?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-05-08 15.14.08.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	22202  
Old 05-08-2019, 02:31 AM
ZEOhead in Training

i ran that rock before in my old system, in the sump as well with not issues. it could be the problem, i can always take it out. One thing i do want to say is my old skimmer use to produce skimmate that smelled like dirt/potting soil. this new skimmer on the new tank smells like dirt/ potting soil mixed with rotten eggs. I cant imagine the rotten egg part is any good. i tried researching it online and people just say its suppose to smell bad and to put carbon media in the cup if you dont want it to smell.

Last edited by Newtankguy; 05-08-2019 at 02:36 AM. Reason: adding more
Old 05-08-2019, 04:23 AM
ZEOadmin

IMO the stress for the corals while the move in conjunction with a fresh system is the reason for the problems with the corals. Moving a tank on one day is always a high risk.

Anyways my recommendation is to get the system running as stabile as possible now, less changes, optima and stabile water parameters.

I would calculate the net water volume of your system to 60 US gallons therefore lets continue as follows:

ZeoVit 0.6 liters water flow of the reactor ~ 60 US gallons per hour.
ZeoBac 2 drops 3 x weekly
ZeoStart 0.25 ml 2 x daily

Because of the algae issues lets stop dosing ZeoFood at the moment.

As Jacky already mention the kind of carbon can also be a problem as some kind to remove elements to quick which does have a negative impact to the corals. To rule it out my recommendation is to get korallenzucht carbon using 0.2 liters passively flown in the sump. After replacing the carbon you use at the moment and the korallenzucht carbon do two 10% water changes within a week using a well balanced salt.

G.Alexander
Old 05-08-2019, 03:45 PM
ZEOhead in Training

i will order the KZ carbon to see if thats something that may be a contributing factor, my reactor is coming in soon. i have stopped dosing zeofood since about 4 days ago. ill do another water change today to see if it helps any. just to be sure you want me to dose .25 a day instead of .3ml x2 daily that i've been doing?
Old 05-09-2019, 02:56 AM
ZEOadmin

Net water volume is ~ 225 liters, so 0.25 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily would be a adequate amount. If you like to dose 0.3 ml 2 x daily you can do if you does not notice issues with a brown film on the glass / rocks.

G.Alexander
Old 05-09-2019, 03:57 AM
ZEOhead in Training

im doing the 0.25 as of today. i will keep you guys updated, i noticed my coral looks less brown at the moment.
Old 05-09-2019, 05:00 PM
ZEOhead in Training

reactor going at 60gph, coral snow and sponge power coming in tomorrow. will keep you guys updated. ill be doing a water change today.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:19 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

You can add a dose of
CoralSnow4ml~6ml every other day.
Zeo Sponge Power 2 drops every other day
Old 05-11-2019, 12:31 AM
ZEOhead in Training

After i put the reactor in everything seems to be coming alive i think. strawberry shortcake is not as brown more of a pale brown im guessing its goingback to its color. blue stag is growing really blue tips and pearberry is also a light brown now, some green. i think im heading in the right direction. i have it running at 40gph continuous at the moment because i cannot run it 3 on 3 off, it throws off my sump water level and my skimmer basically does nothing or overflows. I'm not sure if i should use the coral snow and the sponge power yet or not? it says sponge power is for water cleaning and so is coral snow. but I'm more worried about my coral color not really the clarity of my water. unless they're both related.