zeovit.com EcoTech Marine LLC  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 About to start running the ZEOvit system
Last Post: bckey
Posted On: Today
Replies: 34
Views: 1,806
0 High no3 and po4
Last Post: babajaga
Posted On: Today
Replies: 10
Views: 181
0 REFRIGERATED FOODS Flat Rate $7.99 2-Day Air Shipping
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 52
0 Curious about all zeovit tank T5 combination
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 5
Views: 743
0 360g stag horn dominate reef tank
Last Post: ycnibrc
Posted On: 12-11-2019
Replies: 30
Views: 8,711
0 What's NEW from Tropic Eden? + 40% OFF Premium Refractometer
Last Post: Premiumaq
Replies: 0
Views: 112
0 vermetid snails.. and success stories
Last Post: Mario_B
Replies: 16
Views: 521
0 Daelie's Reefer 250
Replies: 3
Views: 245
0 Rollermat with full Zeo
Posted On: 12-10-2019
Replies: 2
Views: 238
4 Featured Tank . Pawel Szember (paszembe) - Poland
Last Post: tony73
Posted On: 12-10-2019
Replies: 20
Views: 8,686
More...
Old 08-12-2019, 04:34 AM
Catbaciu Catbaciu 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Cool Polyplab Medic in Zeovit tank

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum, and I have started a new marine tank 2 months ago.
Bellow are detailed information about my system. Unfortunately I am fighting an ich infestation for about 3 weeks. I am dosing PolypLab Medic in the tank, maximum dosage.

I would like to ask if the treatment is compatible with the Zeo method.

Thank you!

1. Total water volume of the system (including sump, etc.) - 400 liters
2. Water purification (including oil sump, etc.) - 100 liters
3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technology? - balling method Tropic Marin
You are using the PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) - NO
Are you using ozone? - NO
Are you using ultraviolet light? - NO
7. What skimmers do you use (model, rated water) Nyos Quantum 160, up to 1000 liters
8. What is your actual PO4 and NO3 level? PO4: 0.03; NO3: 7
9. What is your actual Ca, Alk and Mg content? Ca: 450 MG: 1330, KH 7,5-8
10. What filtering method do you use Zeovit reactor, 1l of Zeovit, 400l/h flow, 1l activated carbon in a mesh
11. Type of light (watt, color temperature, how big, etc.) 2x Hydra 26 HD
What coral do you keep? mixed soft and LPS, and some SPS
13. Tissue color (light or dark) light
14. How long has the tank been running? 2 months
15. Why use the ZEOvit system? targeting for a LNS
16. Any supplemental dose (type, quantity, cause, etc.) coral feeding with PolypLab Reefroids 1-2 times a week, 1 drop of Lugol every other day
17. Live rock (how much, how big, etc.) 30 kg
18. Any existing issues -
19. Description of the problem (deletion of tissue, tissue loss basis, algae, algae, etc.)
20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) Weekly, Salifert
21. Current dose, quantity and interval (ZEOvit - 1l, ZEObak 4 drops, 2 times a week *Mo and FR, ZEOfood 2 times a week, 4 drops MO and FR, ZEOstart 0,8 ml daily, broken into 2 dosages, onr in the morning, one in the evening.)
22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temperature, etc.) 1.026, 25-26 Celsius
23. Which salt brand do you use? Tropic Marin Pro Reef
Old 08-12-2019, 08:51 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Hello Catbaciu, let me talk about my thoughts

First of all, sorry, I don't have experience with PolypLab Medic and can't provide you with actual cases.

I haven't studied it too much. Usually, if some fish can eat normally, they will have natural treatment opportunities.

"Ich intrusion" is really difficult for you to explain, my English is not good, it is always difficult to express what I mean. Usually we will use "copper citrate" treatment, which needs extra work.

It's hard to say the cause of ich, maybe you can try to move in the direction of "improving water quality."

8. What is your actual PO4 and NO3 level? PO4: 0.03; NO3: 7
(If the N/P value is correct, usually no additional nutrients are needed to supplement the coral)

I would like to ask if this treatment is compatible with the Zeo method.
(Sorry, I don't have this experience. But I think it's okay. As long as it doesn't affect the bacteria.)

21. Current dose, quantity and interval (ZEOvit - 1l, ZEObak 4 drops, 2 times a week * Mo and FR, ZEOfood 2 times a week, 4 drops of MO and FR, ZEOstart 0.8 ml per day, divided into 2 doses, a little in the morning At night.
(The dosing plan looks good)
( If you can, Zeo Food is replaced by Zeo Sponge Power. These two are completely different products. Zeo Food is reserved for subsequent malnutrition environments)

Conventional dose
Zeo Bac 4 drops, 2~3 times a week
Zeo Start 0.4ml x2, daily, morning/night.
Zeo Sponge Power 4 drops every other day

The reactor outlet was collected using a small vessel for 30 seconds, volume x 120, to obtain an hourly output.

400L/100 US gallons = hourly flow rate of approximately 300 liters ~ 400 liters to 1 liter ZeoVit
Old 08-12-2019, 10:47 AM
Catbaciu Catbaciu 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Hi Jacky,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

"Ich intrusion" is really difficult for you to explain, my English is not good, it is always difficult to express what I mean. Usually we will use "copper citrate" treatment, which needs extra work.

I know that copper, formalin and hypo-salinity treatments are the only ones proven to fight the cryptocarion parasite, however none of them are an in tank solution, and at this point the parasite is definitely present in the tank as well as on all the fishes. The best option would be to quarantine all the fishes, treat them, and keep the aquarium without fishes for two months hoping that the parasites inside will die of starvation.
Unfortunately I dont have a second aquarium with filtration, and I cant take out all the fish as it is close to impossible to catch them

It's hard to say the cause of ich, maybe you can try to move in the direction of "improving water quality."

I would gladly try to improve it, however all the parameters I can measure are close to the optimal values. All the fishes are eating at this point. If you know of any KZ products that might help me to fight the parasite, please let me know. Any tip is more than welcomed.

( If you can, Zeo Food is replaced by Zeo Sponge Power. These two are completely different products. Zeo Food is reserved for subsequent malnutrition environments)

Conventional dose
Zeo Bac 4 drops, 2~3 times a week
Zeo Start 0.4ml x2, daily, morning/night.
Zeo Sponge Power 4 drops every other day

I will replace Zeo Food with Zeo Sponge and adjust the dosing accordingly, thank you.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:50 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

I have only a weak experience with the problem of fish disease. Parasites, which seem to be divided into in vivo parasitism and extracorporeal parasitism. I think if the fish is still healthy, maybe try "fresh water bath", maybe there will be some extra discoveries.

Unfortunately I don't have a second filtered aquarium, I can't take out all the fish because it's almost impossible to capture them. (This is really a tricky problem, I can understand), (If you want to catch the fish, you can turn off the light for 2hr and turn it on again. This is a good time to catch the fish.)

I am very sorry for you, I can't give you a better suggestion and the right measures

Do you use ZeoVit materials?

Maybe others can provide their actual treatment experience
Old 08-13-2019, 12:36 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Difficult to say if the product does have a impact to the biology, the product description says it is reef save but you can never be 100% sure. I do not have experience with the product also. Korallenzucht does offer a couple of products to treat fish with parasites:

https://www.korallen-zucht.de/Produk...flegeprodukte/

For a system with a water volume of 400 liters 0.4 liter carbon passively flown are recommended, 1 liter is to much so I would recommend to reduce the quantity.

G.Alexander
Old 08-13-2019, 03:35 AM
Catbaciu Catbaciu 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for your reply. You are right, and it is my mistake, I don't use 1 liter of carbon, I use 0,5 - half of a bag, passively, in a mesh. For the last 2 weeks - since I have started the treatment - I had to remove it, as it would have absorbed the medicine. Don't know if that alone has a big impact, but I did see an increase in NO3 and PO4 values. However, it is possible that this is due to the supplemental feeding, as I have tried to offer the fish more energy to fight the parasite.

Thank you for referring the products, I'll take a closer look at them.

Best,
Catalin

Tags
ich, polyplab medic, treatment