zeovit.com Premium Aquatics  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 About to start running the ZEOvit system
Last Post: bckey
Posted On: Today
Replies: 34
Views: 1,806
0 High no3 and po4
Last Post: babajaga
Posted On: Today
Replies: 10
Views: 181
0 REFRIGERATED FOODS Flat Rate $7.99 2-Day Air Shipping
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 52
0 Curious about all zeovit tank T5 combination
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 5
Views: 743
0 360g stag horn dominate reef tank
Last Post: ycnibrc
Posted On: 12-11-2019
Replies: 30
Views: 8,711
0 What's NEW from Tropic Eden? + 40% OFF Premium Refractometer
Last Post: Premiumaq
Replies: 0
Views: 112
0 vermetid snails.. and success stories
Last Post: Mario_B
Replies: 16
Views: 521
0 Daelie's Reefer 250
Replies: 3
Views: 245
0 Rollermat with full Zeo
Posted On: 12-10-2019
Replies: 2
Views: 238
4 Featured Tank . Pawel Szember (paszembe) - Poland
Last Post: tony73
Posted On: 12-10-2019
Replies: 20
Views: 8,686
More...
Old 08-10-2019, 10:27 AM
ROBs Reef ROBs Reef ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Default Coral snow plus

Hi all

Just as a thought, after the initial 14 day start up period, would it not be beneficial to dose coral snow plus?, I do this on my other tank as I find it helps with Po4 and as a problem preventative.

ThanksRob
Old 08-10-2019, 12:57 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Hello, this is my little idea

Basically after the initial 14-day start-up period, Basic 4 is used in a balanced way to reduce nutrition, which is not a problem if you add CoralSnow. But the current stage focuses on "others", this "other" details that I can't explain for you, bacteria, carbon source foods, etc. In a balanced way, and the establishment of bacteria, gradually reduce nutrients.

This basic 4 is the "core" and it may also be slightly adjusted afterwards.

A low-nutrition system designed to achieve equilibrium and stability over the long term.
Old 08-10-2019, 01:34 PM
ROBs Reef ROBs Reef ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Thanks jacky, this is a new tank 750ltr, Ive been dosing the basic 3 and have now added snails only, fish and coral will come when more stable and after quarantine, as I never add anything fish wise untill 12 weeks of quarantine. I just thought coral snow plus will help with the algae phases

Thanks
Rob
Old 08-10-2019, 10:54 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

You are right, CoralSnow Plus reduces phosphate and purifies water. Of course, we can also start from reducing nutrition (Zeo Foundation 4), and other means / adjustments, such as: reactor flow, skimmer adjustment, weekly water change, and so on. I think if you are willing to use CoralSnow Plus for the first time you can start with 1/2 dose, twice a week, it may be good. It will be helpful for the current stage, but the core of the current stage is the use of Zeo Basic 4 products to reduce nutrition in a balanced manner.

I don't know the appearance of algae. I think this is a normal phenomenon. Maybe we can add several functional animals, for example: snails will have positive and positive help for things. It is also recommended to start the first water change 5~10% in 4~6 weeks.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:28 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander ثeu
ZEOadmin

I have never tried but theoretically I would just do it when I had issues with PO4 while the cycle. PO4 is also some kind of a component of the cycle and necessary for some kind of biological processes. In the first couple of weeks I would let it go as it is to build up the biological processes.

G.Alexander
Old 08-11-2019, 11:14 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
I have never tried but theoretically I would just do it when I had issues with PO4 while the cycle. PO4 is also some kind of a component of the cycle and necessary for some kind of biological processes. In the first couple of weeks I would let it go as it is to build up the biological processes.

G.Alexander
Excuse me, G. I have a doubt question

[Zeo CoralSnow Plus
Zeo CoralSnow added, then add BioMate]

Is there a difference between the two methods?

I understand that the Zeo base also has the effect of reducing phosphate, and the mechanism and method are different.

I just don't understand, this
[Zeo CoralSnow Plus
Zeo CoralSnow added, then add BioMate]
What is the difference?

My idea is - maybe the same as the Zeo base, just to reduce the "method" of phosphate

Usually we will use BioMate extra, so what is the timing of CoralSnow Plus? Does it have any function?

So if it is to purify water and reduce phosphate, can we achieve the same effect with CoralSnow and BioMate?

This has always been a place I don't understand, and I am bothering you, thank you G
Old 08-11-2019, 11:25 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

I read from here, ZEOvit & Korallenzucht Guide Easy Reefng

CoralSnow Plus
Reduces PO4 and helps with many problems. The cloudiness in the water is harmless for all fish as well as for sensitive corals.

After adding BioMate after CoralSnow, can it not achieve the same effect?

This problem bothers me
Old 08-12-2019, 12:46 AM
ZEOadmin

Hallo Jacky, not sure about your question, but I think you refer to mixing CS with BM. I have done this in the past but not with CS Plus as I never used it. CS does contain fine particles which do “bind” elements so if the product is mixed with other elements some can become more effective.

G.Alexander
Old 08-12-2019, 01:04 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Thank you G.
I mean

CoralSnow features
(Combination, sediment/organic matter, etc. Purify water quality)

BioMate features
(reduces phosphate)

CoralSnow Plus, (reduces phosphate, combines organic matter)

If I add CoralSnow and then add BioMate, what is the difference compared to CoralSnow Plus?
Old 08-13-2019, 12:26 AM
ZEOadmin

Hello Jacky,

I do not know the ingredients of the products but as much as I know BioMate does work in a biological way to reduce PO4 while a component of CoralSnow Plus does remove / bind PO4 directly.

G.Alexander
Old 08-17-2019, 04:48 PM
ROBs Reef ROBs Reef ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Thanks for your replies, I am tempted to use coral snow plus, or possibly bio mate to help with po4, Im on week 4 of zeovit in a new tank, nitrates are 0 but po4 0.1. I have up my flow through the zeovit reactor to see if this helps first

Thanks Rob
Old 08-17-2019, 09:02 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

For the initial Tank, the Zeo system. The ZeoVit material is typically retained for 4 weeks, after which the material is replaced 90% for the first time, leaving the old 10% material. Every time the material is replaced, ZeoBac x10 days. After about 2 weeks, if the coral is healthy, switch the reactor flow to the recommended flow per hour.