zeovit.com EcoTech Marine LLC  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 About to start running the ZEOvit system
Last Post: bckey
Posted On: Today
Replies: 34
Views: 1,806
0 High no3 and po4
Last Post: babajaga
Posted On: Today
Replies: 10
Views: 181
0 REFRIGERATED FOODS Flat Rate $7.99 2-Day Air Shipping
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 52
0 Curious about all zeovit tank T5 combination
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 5
Views: 743
0 360g stag horn dominate reef tank
Last Post: ycnibrc
Posted On: 12-11-2019
Replies: 30
Views: 8,711
0 What's NEW from Tropic Eden? + 40% OFF Premium Refractometer
Last Post: Premiumaq
Replies: 0
Views: 112
0 vermetid snails.. and success stories
Last Post: Mario_B
Replies: 16
Views: 521
0 Daelie's Reefer 250
Replies: 3
Views: 245
0 Rollermat with full Zeo
Posted On: 12-10-2019
Replies: 2
Views: 238
4 Featured Tank . Pawel Szember (paszembe) - Poland
Last Post: tony73
Posted On: 12-10-2019
Replies: 20
Views: 8,686
More...
Old 08-11-2019, 05:04 PM
PeterBedford PeterBedford 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Jacky,

I still have problem with Dino. I done another blackout but it seems to come back again. Now I will try do a few water changes, but it is not really recomend with dino outbrake. If this will no help, I will try to remove some sandbed slowly. if this is still not help, my other options will be short.
3% of HYDROGEN PEROXIDE - if above not help
DinoX - U don't really want to do this treatment, as I think it will be better to set up a tank again...

I don't know what is a reason for DINO to come back.
Old 08-11-2019, 05:33 PM
Bugger Bugger 目前離線
ZEOdabbler

You always have to do a few blackout. It never goes away the first time
Old 08-11-2019, 05:57 PM
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugger View Post
You always have to do a few blackout. It never goes away the first time
I have done 3 blackout already.
Old 08-11-2019, 06:00 PM
Bugger Bugger 目前離線
ZEOdabbler

Yeah sometimes it takes many blackouts eventually they will stop growing but still be present
Old 08-11-2019, 07:45 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

I'm sorry to hear that

Bugger's advice is very good

When they turn on the light, they come back again, I think the Dino problem definitely has "source"

If it is me, I might do it. (It is really impossible to find the reason)
1. Use Zeo brand resin
2. Avoid using black buckets again
3. All the parts about plastic, replace them with silicone
4. Use Zeo brand activated carbon
5. Think carefully, any relevant containers or uncertain plastics should be replaced as completely as possible. (Including the way of changing water, in addition to the container, whether to use pump to change water, whether the pump's water outlet is made of silicone material
6. In the picture 1.2.3. If you are not sure about the material, replace them with silicone. Including some of the other things you think

The extra idea is that for the current implementation measures, I think if you add HYDROGEN PEROXIDE, it may not help things.

If all of the above are confirmed and all completed, if the Dino problem still exists, we will consider other methods.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-08-12 07.18.10.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	22338  
Old 11-02-2019, 05:33 AM
ZEOhead in Training

Hi.
After long time trying remove DINO with no success. I'm thinking to change system, as ZEOVIT not really work for me.
My conclusion is: ZEOVIT is not working well with DRY ROCK! As my previous tank and this one. my NO3 not droping below 20ppm.
I can see improvment with new system, but I remove most of sandbed, and this help reduce NO3.
Equipment I'm using is top shelf as it ecoTech , so cant put any fault to that.

Any way. My question is. How to safe cut of ZEOVIT to handle bioload in a tank. As with zeovit you need to constantly dose Bacteria to a system, where with other system, you cycle with bacteria, and after cycle system handling nutrients it self.
Do I need to dose additional Bacteria colony over some period of time to a tank, to do a "mini cycle"???
Old 11-03-2019, 12:05 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Hello Peter, really sorry to hear If you like to stop ZeoVit I recommend to remove 1/3 of the ZeoVit material, than remove the rest step by step slowly over the next 4 6 weeks. Additional cut your dosing regimen to 50% and reduce it also step by step over the same period. You might notice a slow increase of nutrients so you need to mange to remove PO4 with some other method.

G.Alexander
Old 11-03-2019, 03:13 PM
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Hello Peter, really sorry to hear If you like to stop ZeoVit I recommend to remove 1/3 of the ZeoVit material, than remove the rest step by step slowly over the next 4 6 weeks. Additional cut your dosing regimen to 50% and reduce it also step by step over the same period. You might notice a slow increase of nutrients so you need to mange to remove PO4 with some other method.

G.Alexander
G. ALexander,
Thank you for advice. The thing is, ZEOVIT is not realy work with dry rocks. It might be just me, but I dosing as it should be, replace material on time and doing evertrhing as instructed. It simply not work in my case with dry rocks. Maeby someone should try new tank set up again with only dry rock and put instruction in here, but at the moment instruction which I'm sure work with live rocks is not working with dry rocks.
I do not have big bioload in a tank and system can't handle this, so it will not handle when I would like to increse it.
In my opinion, dry rocks with ZEOVIT need a different approach and instructions, to work well, as standard DOSE NOT WORK.

I might try ZEOVIT in a future again with small tank and again with dry rocks and experiment a bit but not harm any animals. Time will show what will happen.

G.Alexander - do I need add any additional bacteria or after 2 months I just simply stop use ZEOBAC, ZeoStart3 and SpongePower with slowly reduction of using it?
Old 11-03-2019, 08:31 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

I feel that regardless of any system, the quality live rock does bring faster benefits to biology. However, some people can succeed with dry rock. Some people use the dry rock in the main display system, and add some live rock to the sump. These are all good methods. Coral reef biology seems to be really important

I think before stopping the Zeo system, you can try it out, add some fresh and good live rock in Sump, maybe the problem of Dinos can be improved.
Old 11-04-2019, 02:10 AM
ZEOhead in Training

Jacky,
It is not only problem with dino.
MY NO3 was 40ppm or more
My PO4 usually 0.25 - 0.30
This is not what you need with zeovit - is it?
You need to bring this number down, but I had It before when had tank 2 years and numbers not want to go down.
2 years, this is mean biology MUST be settle by then - f it is not, it mean then system not working as it should or human doing something wrong.
Old 11-04-2019, 03:28 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Thank you, I understand the meaning. Usually solving NO3 is not a difficult project, and this definitely has a problem in one of the links.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:22 AM
ZEOhead in Training

another thing is Some people simply do not want to use any live rocks, and I understand them. IE I use 3 pices, and this 3 pices creating me a problem now, as I got a bit of aptasia, bt only on this LR.
I understand then LR in some shops might be grean, but not everywhere. Now days, LR has been done by LFS as you cant get good quality rocks from an ocean as, this is been banned.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:05 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Hello Peter, basically if you stop using Zeovit it is not necessary to dose Zeobac later but it will also not hurt so you can dose some ZeoBac later if you like to from time to time as it might improve the biology, similar with a small dosage of ZeoStart.

I do personally prefer live rock but there are examples that the system does work with dry rock also after a long cycle and if the material does not leach harmful substances (which not always is the case). I agree with you about pest coming with live rock but sooner or later you will have them even if you use just dry rock.

G.Alexander

Tags
fresh start, high nitrate, high po4, learning, new tank