zeovit.com AquaIllumination  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 High no3 and po4
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 40
Views: 1,256
0 New ZEOvit tank, Algae issues
Last Post: ohashimz
Posted On: Today
Replies: 62
Views: 5,540
0 LIMITED TIME OFFER: 20% off Dosetronic
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 27
0 360g stag horn dominate reef tank
Last Post: ycnibrc
Replies: 37
Views: 10,153
0 Skimz 157 hourly flush question
Last Post: TravelingPotato
Replies: 9
Views: 210
0 Phosban reactor converted to zeovit Auto reactor
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 2
Views: 61
0 Balling and zeovit
Replies: 2
Views: 125
0 A couple issues
Replies: 15
Views: 337
0 GIVEAWAY: MicMol Aqua CC LED Light For Nano & Planted Aquariums
Posted On: 01-15-2020
Replies: 0
Views: 42
0 GIVEAWAY: Maxspect Jump Return Pump
Posted On: 01-15-2020
Replies: 1
Views: 120
More...
Old 11-06-2019, 02:37 AM
beau beau ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Default New Tank Setup

Im just about ready to fill my new tank using the zeovit method. The information on the information on the 14 day cycle sticky thread is great. I still have a few questions and hoping someone can help me check my dosages. Tank info is below...

First, Im using the skimz automatic reactor and confused about the settings. Any insight into what settings to use on the controller? Also I see different info about running it intermittently vs constant.

Second, I see on Zeovits guide they recommend ZeoFood for the intitial cycle, while the info on this site doesnt.

Third, How frequently and what should I be testing for/observing during the cycle to know that its going as planned?

Fourth, should I avoid starting up my Ca rector until stocked with coral?

Thanks in advance.

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter - 200 US gal
2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter - 185 US gal
3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique - Will be using a Calcium Reactor
4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) - No
5. Are you using Ozone - No
6. Are you using UV - No
7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) - Nyos Quantum 160 - 250gal
8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels - N/A
9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels - N/A
10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) - Live Rock, Shallow Sand Bed
11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) - 3 Ecotech RADION XR30W G4 PRO, new
12. What corals do you keep - will keep mixed
13. Tissue color (light or dark) - unknown
14. How long has the tank been running - 0
15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system - highly recommended
16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) - RADION XR30W G4 PRO
17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) - 120lbs of Dry live rock
18. Any present problems - N/A
19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) -N/A
20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) - Red Sea, new
21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.) - N/A
22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.) - N/A
23. Which salt brand do you use - Tropic Marin Pro Reef
Old 11-06-2019, 03:13 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander ثeu
ZEOadmin

Hello beau and welcome to ZeoVit.com !

I would recommend to start the cycle as follows:

https://zeovit.com/forums/showpost.p...60&postcount=7

I can not really help you with the kind of reactor as I never used it but basically you will need a reactor flow of ~ 185 US gallons per hour while you fill the reactor with 1.7 liters Zeovit material.

ZeoFood can be sued later once the system runs nutrient poor stabile especially to improve coral coloration.

You can start to check / measure water parameters about 2 or 3 weeks after the cycle has started to see if everything works as planned.

You can install the CaCO2 reactor while the cycle but usually it is not necessary to use it while this stage as the consumption of Ca and KH is very low at this stage. As soon as you notice a decrease of Ca and KH you can start adjusting and running the reactor.

G.Alexander
Old 12-06-2019, 09:31 PM
beau beau ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

I’m two weeks in and have added 3 yellow tangs and a Cole tang on day 10. Also worth noting that I used dry rock to cycle (I know it can take longer) with a couple large live rocks in the sump from an established tank.

I’m experiencing a diatom bloom and am considering getting a small clean up crew to help combat, while it continues cycling.

My question is, should I continue the daily dosing as recommended up until day 14, or should I switch to the regular dosing recommendation for after day 14?
Old 12-06-2019, 10:02 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Continue to use the recommended daily dose until day 14.

After 14 days
Zeo Bac 1 drop / 25 US gal ,2~3 times a week.
Zeo Start 0.1ml / 25 US gal, x2, morning and evening every day.
Zeo Sponge Power 1 drop / 25 US gallons every other day.

The first time ZeoVit materials are kept for 4 weeks, let's wait for about another 2 weeks, 90% of ZeoVit materials are replaced, and 10% of the old materials are retained. This is the first time that materials are replaced. After each change of material, remember Zeo Bac x10 days.

"First time" after changing ZeoVit material, about 2 weeks, if coral is healthy, switch reactor flow to continuous flow

Using a small container, collect the reactor outlet for 30 seconds at a volume of x120 to obtain hourly flow.

Get a potassium test kit, release potassium levels, water quality in malnourished environments, potassium seems to be quite important

Try to keep NSW parameters stable
Kh 6.5~7.5
Ca 400~420
Mg 1250~1300
K+ 380-400

After the tank is established, after about 6 weeks, salt + water refreshes the elements in a balanced manner, and water is replaced by 5 to 10% every week.

Please also remember that tank is still young, it is so good to get some functional animals, and Zeo activated carbon is starting to be put into use
Old 12-09-2019, 07:25 AM
Silent Silent ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Not sure how others feel about using this with Zeo but many people have success dosing Vibrant from the start to eliminate algae and diatom blooms from ever happening.
Basically no tank ugly stages. Hopefully people that use both Vibrant and Zeo method can chime in.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:04 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

I think that the initial situation of each tank is different. In the "normal" situation, the loop will have a process. Algae / diatom bloom, it's hard to say, maybe zeolite material, maybe raw water, maybe young system, etc.

Zeo Bac / Spong power , I don't know what its ingredients are. But it is possible that ZeoBac-bacterial microorganism, Zeo Sponge Power-positive biological side effects.
With Zeo Start and ZeoVit materials, reduce nutrition in a balanced way with each other

My understanding is that they can't eliminate diatoms (it's just my understanding, I'm not right), but reducing nutrition also helps reduce algae nourishment. Perhaps over time, the bacterial system is strong and strong / dominant. Then these issues should not show "strong" (perhaps).

Sorry, there is not a good answer, just some of my thoughts
Old 01-11-2020, 09:21 PM
beau beau ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

In about 8 weeks now, diatom bloom is just about gone. Never had a big algae bloom, but I’ve got a handful of tangs that could have kept it in check.

I’ve started to add corals now. A birds nest frag, a couple monti frags, a few acro frags and a hammer colony. Is it time to star dosing ZeoFood and Pohl’s Xtra? Anything else recommended?

Also to note, I fired up my Calcium reactor with Calcium media and Zeo Mag media.
Old 01-11-2020, 11:47 PM
G.Alexander G.Alexander ثeu
ZEOadmin

Lets first see how corals are doing if they have adopted, usually with the low quantity of corals you have at the moment dosing coloration elements is not really necessary.

A Mg level of 1280 mg is ideal, if the level is already in the range of 1280 to 1350 a additional addition is not necessary.

G.Alexander