zeovit.com Sewatec.de - Reef Supply International  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Zeo-Einsteiger hat Fragen
Last Post: chrima78
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 41
Views: 2,984
0 Flatworm stop and coral booster
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 4
Views: 119
0 Dosing Zeostart with Dosing Pump
Posted On: 06-23-2019
Replies: 10
Views: 2,550
0 800 l reef change to zeo
Posted On: 06-23-2019
Replies: 13
Views: 557
0 Mein Kleines Wohnzimmerriff
Last Post: chrima78
Posted On: 06-21-2019
Replies: 12
Views: 657
0 130 л Зеовит аква
Last Post: Alexfdl
Posted On: 06-21-2019
Replies: 90
Views: 7,941
0 Preferred time to dose Coral Vitalizer and Amino Acid Concentrate?
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 06-19-2019
Replies: 4
Views: 297
0 Avast Marine reactor Help!
Last Post: ohashimz
Replies: 7
Views: 310
0 New tank Elos 160 XL
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 87
Views: 9,181
0 80gallon Tank Build with Luke
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 06-18-2019
Replies: 5
Views: 852
More...

Old 05-19-2019, 07:58 PM
skull skull 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Default CV and Pohl's Xtra

Hi Guys:

After some months of going full zeovit, my No3 are now on 5ppm, PO4 totally undetectable, but yet..still some very fine algae on the rocks, however, Nitrates were going down really great (I was 25ppm when I started with zeovit).

I was dosing only 3 drops of C. Vitalizer bi-weekly (3 on mondays and 3 on thursdays), with the CV I also received Pohl's Xtra, but only used twice and only 0.2ml each dosage.

I am starting to see some of the corals light in color, others are growing great and awesome coloration.

My question is:
Is this dosage of CV ok for my tank? Should I increment the dosage?
Can I start dosing Pohl's Xtra? Or I should wait to have 0 NO3s?

My Tank is 45gal
SPS dominant tank.
0.4 Lts of Zeovit stones.

Thank you guys.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:16 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Hello, let me talk about my experience.

With the reduction of nutrition, potassium seems to be quite important, I dont know if you have confirmed the level.

CV, my experience is that it will not increase NP
If you prefer, try 2 drops of CV=100L twice a week to observe changes in corals.

Excessive CV, I observed the phenomenon of brown/white film

Xtra over-identification, corals turn black, no bright feeling, algae growth
All nutrients are added when malnutrition water quality is stable, better
Also depends on the appearance of the coral

Xtra dose is 1ml = 100L, not 0.X ml
Of course, there is no certain rule, just the regular standard dose, 1ml = 100L

If you ask me, I may not add Xtra for a while, or add 1/2 dose twice a week to observe algae. If you can control algae and PO4, then I think it is ok, of course, this is also observed by coral. Exterior

Then if you are willing to get CoralSnow, I think it is also good, 1ml = 100L, 2 times a week, (use it as a maintenance, add nutrients should also remove organic matter)

Also, remember the first replacement time for ZeoVit and replace it with Bac x10 days. (If you like, soak Ro/di water, I believe it is also good)
Old 05-20-2019, 07:43 AM
skull skull 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Thank you Jacky

I am actually dosing 3 drops of CV, 2x weekly, and I think it is awesome, it increased PE and color on most of the SPS, but some other SPS seems to be needing more food, the color is a little bit light, that is why I ask.
I am not dosing any Pohl's Xtra, so..I will wait for the No3 to be a little bit lower, since I still have some algae and when I tried 1/4 of the dosage...a very fine green algae appeared on the rocks.

I believe I am still in an imbalance, since PO4 are 0, but NO3 are still 5ppm, should be around 0,5 -1 ppm, right?
I will give a try to Coral Snow also if I can get the product, I still didn't get the K test kit, it's hard to get that Salifert test kit here because most of the people use kH, CA and Mg test kits.. but I am on the way to get it from eBay.
Old 05-20-2019, 08:31 AM
JMac JMac 目前離線
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by skull View Post
Thank you Jacky

I am actually dosing 3 drops of CV, 2x weekly, and I think it is awesome, it increased PE and color on most of the SPS, but some other SPS seems to be needing more food, the color is a little bit light, that is why I ask.
I am not dosing any Pohl's Xtra, so..I will wait for the No3 to be a little bit lower, since I still have some algae and when I tried 1/4 of the dosage...a very fine green algae appeared on the rocks.

I believe I am still in an imbalance, since PO4 are 0, but NO3 are still 5ppm, should be around 0,5 -1 ppm, right?
I will give a try to Coral Snow also if I can get the product, I still didn't get the K test kit, it's hard to get that Salifert test kit here because most of the people use kH, CA and Mg test kits.. but I am on the way to get it from eBay.
I have the Salifert Potassium test kit & find it unreliable. I switched to Red Sea Potassium test kit & find it very accurate. With the Salifert it always read very low & no matter how much K-Balance Strong I added the reading with the Salifert kit never changed. The Red Sea kit is a much better option in my opinion.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:30 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

CV, increased the PE and color of most SPS (your observation is great, this is also my observation, coral health and increased coral mucus)

Usually, most of the Zeo system NO3 is undetectable. I mean NO3 is really not a problem, then I will advise you to give the system some time until you replace ZeoVit material for the first time. In this time we can do More cleaning / output, (CoralSnow, weekly water change, siphon, Skimmer wet, replacement filter socks, toothbrush cleaning algae, etc.)

Do you use mechanical filter socks?

With malnourished water quality, K+~380 to 400, and recommended Zeo guide water parameters
Kh 6.5~7.5
Ca 400~420
Mg 1250 ~1300
K+~380
Because the coral has no excess zooxanthellae, any parameter swing and appropriate value is very important, otherwise it becomes another pressure of coral.
Too high, the color will not be more beautiful
Too low, definitely no color / coral pressure
Stable / suitable, is the best

Also, is the reactor flow at the recommended level per hour, about your Tank
If you prefer, after cleaning the ZeoVit material, you can try to drop the Bac, Start into the reactor inlet.

The relationship between NP balance I really can't give you a practical explanation. I think the system has its own balance ability. Usually the imbalance is through some means/methods/additives, etc.

I have not experienced what is the imbalance between N and P. I always use coral as the observation target, and PO4=0, NP=0. Coral really has no problem.
Of course, I cant say that I am right, everyones tastes are different.
However, I think that coral is a good object.

During this time, you don't have to worry too much about coral hunger. First solve the algae problem. All of the above can slow it down. If you are willing to get some functional animals, it may be good.

Can you provide us with pictures of algae?
Old 05-20-2019, 10:30 AM
skull skull 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Thank you Jacky

Too many things to watch!
My Parameters are:

kH=7.9
CA=430
Mg=1300
No3=5ppm
Po4=0

I believe I need to correct kH-Ca-Mg, push them a little bit lower...correct?
Yesterday I performed the first zeo stones change, the first round did a really good work on lowering Nitrates.

I will post the pics as soon as I move the files to my laptop, today night.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:03 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

The parameters are very good, not a big problem, let it be naturally consumed, as much as possible to keep the recommendations in the guide

Get/understand the potassium level as soon as possible, Ca 400~420, K380~400, it is only lower than Ca, potassium PE/coral health/polyp tissue growth/many color help, let us get the exact potassium level

After Do not forget, every time you replace ZeoVit material, Zeo Bac x10 day

The volume of different materials does affect the flow. Please confirm that the hourly flow is suitable again.

Old 05-26-2019, 10:15 AM
skull skull 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Hi Jacky:

Measured the flow of the pump on the zeo reactor and it was 105 Lts/H (it's like 26 Gal/H for my 350 Grms of Zeolites).

I believe it was on the higher limit, so I lowered the flow to have 70 Lts/H (it's like 18 Gal/H for my 350 Grms of Zeolites).

I really want to go slow now, yesterday I measured the NO3 and they were on 5ppm, tested with Salifert. My PO4 are still undetectable (tested with Hanna) and I am dosing some TSP phosphate right now.

Another question, I am seeing the blues on the Acropora Bonzai really faded, is it advisable to try some potassium Iodide from Korallen-Zucht?

..Or just the CV and Xtra should repair and bring that color back?

I promise I will test for K this week and post the result here.
Old 05-26-2019, 11:07 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

I can only recommend you based on some of my meager experience.

It is really not recommended to add extra phosphate, which is not required

Get the potassium test kit as soon as possible and understand that its level is good

Potassium, it also allows many colors to be revealed, red, blue, green, coral health, coral polyps growth

I will first keep the potassium level stable to 380~400. If the blue coral is not bright and the green coral is pale yellow, then trying to use Zeo's iodine twice a week may be good. You can try 1/2 initially. Dose, observe changes

If there is no algae problem, and the malnutrition water quality is stable, supplement, according to the appearance of the coral, then very good

I try to keep changing water 10% a week, blue coral does not seem too bad, just bright

At present, because of the relationship between algae and the algae, the coral in the picture is completely free of any nutrient addition. This is how the coral looks.

Of course everyone likes it differently, maybe you can try it and enjoy the different changes that come with it. Its also a great experience for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-05-27 00.02.18.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	22268  
Old 05-26-2019, 12:45 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Thank you very much. Regarding the flow of the ZeoVit reactor, I am really sorry, the unit is different. This is beyond my ability. The flow of the reactor does affect the nutrient salt. If the coral is healthy, it should maintain the water volume. The recommended flow per hour is too low, but the nutrient salt rises again (the coral appearance becomes slightly darker)

A 75 gallon system should fill a 1/2 gallon pitcher in 24 seconds. (48 seconds per gallon. 3600 / 48 = 75 gallons gallon)

A 90-gallon system should fill a 1/2-gallon pitcher in 20 seconds. (40 seconds per gallon. 3600 / 40 = 90 gallons / hour)

The flow of water, not the motor, if I understand what you mean
Old 05-26-2019, 01:14 PM
skull skull 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I am not sure I understand what you mean...are you saying the recommended flow on the Zeovit guide is too low? I can go back to 100Lts per hour, my tank is 180Lts Net water and I am using 350 grms of zeolites (35percent of the 1Lt bag).

Regarding the potassium.. will buy the test tomorrow if they have it available at the LFS.

Is it common that Zeovit systems consume more potassium than others not using zeo stones?
I am currently using Red Sea blu salt, and changing 10% every sunday.
Old 05-26-2019, 10:15 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

A 48-gallon system should fill a 1/2-gallon pitcher in 38 seconds. (75 seconds per gallon. 3600 / 75 = 48 gallons / hour)

Take a small container, collect the reactor water for 30 seconds, and measure the reactor flow, volume x120, will get the exact flow per hour.

Sorry, I mean, the flow of the reactor does affect the nutrients. If the coral is healthy, it should maintain the exact flow per hour.

Not necessarily, the phenomenon that occurs in each system is different. For example, using a certain type of Skimmer, it can be determined that potassium needs attention.
Old 05-27-2019, 12:21 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

1 package ZeoVit material = 400L

180L = about 1 half of the packaged ZeoVit material

Keep ZeoVit materials of different sizes and sizes as much as possible, and do half of them.

NO3=5.

ZeoVit material usage
Reactor recommended flow per hour
Can you make these parts true?

NO3=5, not a big problem, just hope that you can do better, you should also be able to do it better.

Old 05-27-2019, 05:55 PM
skull skull 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Hi Jacky

Regarding the Zeo stones, I believe my Zeovit system is handling perfectly well the reduction of nutrients, plus I only have 3 small fishes in my 44gal, so I believe I am more than ok with the 1/3 of the Zeovit 1L bag every 45 days...what do you think? I am not introducing any more fishes on the short (or long) term.

Also...I just measured K, with Salifert test, twice, it is giving me 340 ppm of potassium.
Is that too low?

Now..are my colors faded because of this K value? Or is it just the new environment getting nutrient poor too fast for them?

I am buying K-Balance..but, to get the Korallen-Zucht products here at my country takes at least one month, so in the meanwhile I will dose KCl (Potassium Chloride)...is that ok? I have very handy the Kalium from aquaforest also..but prefer KCl because of the price and quantity it offers for the same price as AF Kalium.

What is your advice on this?
Old 05-27-2019, 09:11 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

I think

ZeoVit material quantity and water volume are related

ZeoVit material, I identified it as these

Features and features, we just try to meet the recommendations in the guide

May be like this

Nutrient treatment / bacterial habitat / natural decolorizer / ion exchange (NH4 +, K +, etc.) / organic and inorganic adsorption (treatment of skimmer and activated carbon, other unprocessable waste), (maintain DOC, DON, DOP balance
), (the adsorption function of zeolite helps this balance is achieved)
Especially in a more stable system
The more stable this ratio, the better the microbes in the tank will be maintained.
Coral will naturally also be color) / water quality clean / a buffer
Maybe it is like this, I am not sure

Yes, you only need to pay attention to the slow increase of K+, which is too fast and may cause coral pressure. K+~380-400 mg

Certainly, especially in malnourished water quality, Slowly increase K+~380

A 44-gallon system should fill a 1/2-gallon pitcher in 41 seconds. (82 seconds per gallon. 3600 / 82 = 44 gallons / hour)

Last edited by jacky; 05-27-2019 at 09:24 PM.