zeovit.com AquaIllumination  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 New to Zeovit - help with getting started.
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 35
Views: 8,180
0 New System
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 113
Views: 14,470
0 new to zeovit
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 314
Views: 38,646
0 80gallon Tank Build with Luke
Last Post: Premiumaq
Replies: 18
Views: 8,019
0 GIVEAWAY: AutoAqua Digital Inline TDS Meter
Replies: 0
Views: 24
0 wie hoch muss NO3 und PO4 mindestens sein
Last Post: Anf鄚ger
Posted On: 09-20-2019
Replies: 32
Views: 7,594
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: 09-20-2019
Replies: 406
Views: 55,624
0 15% OFF SICCE Pumps - ENDS SOON
Posted On: 09-18-2019
Replies: 0
Views: 57
0 GIVEAWAY: Fish Aid Antibiotics
Posted On: 09-18-2019
Replies: 1
Views: 161
0 Zeospur
Last Post: cflow
Posted On: 09-17-2019
Replies: 29
Views: 7,312
More...

Old 04-19-2019, 09:02 AM
skull skull 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - 44 Gal
3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique No, kH and CA dosing is performed thru solutions on an automatic doser.
4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) Yes, at first I used GFO for a long time, now Algae scrubber
5. Are you using Ozone No
6. Are you using UV No
7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) Deltec APF600
8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels No3=25ppm , Po4=0.08
9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels Ca=430 , Mg=1350 , kH=7.7
10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) Algae Scrubber, now I added zeovit stones 1 month ago.
11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) Radion G4 light
12. What corals do you keep 99% SPS, Acropora, seriatoporas, Montiporas
13. Tissue color (light or dark) medium, I can say perfect in color, strong color pigmentation.
14. How long has the tank been running 1 year and 2 month.
15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system to lower my No3 and keep them stable at 5ppm
16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) Once a week AF Energy, Reef Roids, I plan to move to Korallen-Zucht foods only.
17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) Fiji Live Rock, don't know the exact amount, but let's say 15 kg
18. Any present problems Yes, high NO3, the rest seems pretty stable.
19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.), some green algae on the rocks.
20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) Salifert and Hanna
21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.) Vinegar 3ml a day on x3 basis, 1 drop of AF Pro Bio S Daily at morning, plan to move to ZeoStart3 once my No3 are low.
22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.) temp at 26 - 26.3, pH=8.2-8.33, Salinity=1.025 All very stable controlled by APEX.
23. Which salt brand do you use Red Sea Coral Pro, never had a problem with water changes, kH is really stable at 7.7 and calcium also at 430ppm, my weekly WC are of 5%.

It seems that a week of phosphate dosing with TSP brought it to PO4=0.08, that is what my Hanna HI-713 showed me yesterday, so, right now I am stopping dosing phosphates, move my scrubber from 18hrs to 14hrs and will try to move more to the zeovit side now, letting it remove my NO3, now that I have phosphates available.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:31 PM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Would recommend to continue / start as follows:

1. Place 0.4 liter zeovit in a Zeo Reactor. Water flow around 45 US gallons per hour. As you already use the ZeoVit material it is not necessary to use the 3 hour on/off intervall of the reactor for the transition. Clean the material daily. Leave the zeolite 4 weeks in the filter until you do the first change out. This is the first changing interval, others could be lengthen to 6 – 8 weeks.

2. Place 0.17 liters activated carbon in a filter sock and keep it in a passive water flow in your sump, changed every 30 days. Knead the carbon daily to keep the surface clean. Most users get perfect results with korallenzucht carbon.

3. Dose 2 drops ZeoBac daily for the first 2 weeks, flowed by a 2 x weekly dosage of 2 drops. Dose 0.17 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily (morning & evening). Dose those in front of the Zeo reactor pump while it is switched on.

Later on you could use the additional products for coral coloration. Adjust your skimmer to skim wet, keeping it clean to export as much as possible. Do a weekly water change of 5 – 10 % with a good salt.

Basic water parameters looking good, try to keep them as stabile as possible close the NSW in the following ranges:

KH 6.5 – 7.5
Ca 400 – 420 mg
Mg 1250 – 1300 mg
K+ ~ 380 mg

For a nutrient poor environment K+ (potassium) seems to be a important element. I would recommend you to get a test kit for this element also, posting your results.

Stop dosing the coral food you use additional at the moment completely. When you start with ZeoVit readuce the vinegar dosage to 50%, than reduce it step by step to zero over the next 3 – 4 weeks. Do the same with AF Pro Bio S by lengthen the dosing intervall.

This is a start-up dosage which might have to be adjusted later.

G.Alexander
Old 04-21-2019, 08:06 PM
skull skull 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Hi Alexander

Thank you for the guidelines, I will do it as described.
I have some SPS frags that are STNing (since 3-4 months ago), I think because of the past issue with the low phosphate, however they are very small frags I am not sure if they will thrive.

Yesterday I received CV and Pohl's Xtra, and my question is, can I start a small dose of Coral Vitalizer? Will that impact my Nitrates? Let's say 1 drop every 2-3 days? Will that help recover these stn frags? just CV...not the Xtra.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:18 PM
jacky jacky 目前線上
ZEOhead

Hello. I use CV, there is no nitrate problem, it is a carbon source granule food, which helps coral healthy tissue mucus

Every 2~3 days, 1 drop, you can try, but I think it may not be necessary at the moment, No3 = 25ppm, Po4 = 0.08, Usually fed/colored elements are well added in low malnutrition water quality, And can be made through coral appearance, good PE, polyp growth/expansion, and tissue becomes light, and can be observed through the consumption of KH, CA

First through the system conversion, and through the first ZeoVit exchange (I classify it into the next stage), and the level of suitable water parameters in low malnutrition water quality includes potassium

Coral debris TN, it's hard to say, I suggest you, for malnourished environments, K + (potassium) seems to be an important factor. I suggest you also get a test kit for this element and post your results.

Remember the increase in potassium and adjust it at a slow rate
Old 04-21-2019, 10:36 PM
ZEOadmin

If you like to you can dose 3 drops CV 2 x weekly additional. Shake the bottle well before dosing.

G.Alexander
Old 04-22-2019, 08:04 AM
skull skull 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Thank you Alexander.

Thank you guys for the big help...will post again in a few weeks to see the changes
Old 04-26-2019, 08:54 AM
skull skull 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Update:

So far so good, the few algae that is on the rock is beginning to lose color and the coraline seems to gain surface over it.
Also zeovit and scrubber the two together seems to be too much for my little phosphates on the tank, it went from 0.09 to 0.03 in 2 days, so I moved the scrubber from 14hrs to 12hrs.

I believe I will remove the scrubber this weekend.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:25 PM
ZEOadmin

I would recommend to keep the algae scrubber for some additional weeks to prevent PO4 from increasing again. Lets first see if the level does stay constant low.

G.Alexander
Old 05-04-2019, 12:27 PM
skull skull 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Update May 4:

Everything seems to be going just PERFECT, Nitrates went from 25 to a little bit less than 10ppm, I removed the algae scrubber succesfully one week ago and started with weekly WC of 10%...not sure why but it seems I was doing only 5%, the algae scrubber (I believe) was taking too much trace elements or phosphate maybe? but now with WC of 10%, changed from RSCP to Red Sea blue no scrubber and full zeovit the corals seems to be soo happy that you can't imagine.

Even my seriatopora caliendrum that was dead already..started to show polyps everywhere and now is growing!

This is a tremendous change for the SPS, I can see every acro is growing and colorating a lot!

Thank you guys for the help, will post pictures once the corals are a little bit bigger.

Thank you Zeovit! I am happy :-)
Old 05-04-2019, 01:02 PM
jacky jacky 目前線上
ZEOhead

You are doing very well, and I am very happy to hear some news. Dont forget that potassium is also very important with malnourished water quality.
Old 05-17-2019, 05:06 PM
skull skull 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Thank you Jacky...I will keep an eye on the Potassium value