zeovit.com EcoTech Marine LLC  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 New to Zeovit - help with getting started.
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 35
Views: 8,169
0 New System
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 113
Views: 14,456
0 new to zeovit
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 314
Views: 38,637
0 80gallon Tank Build with Luke
Last Post: Premiumaq
Replies: 18
Views: 8,015
0 GIVEAWAY: AutoAqua Digital Inline TDS Meter
Replies: 0
Views: 23
0 wie hoch muss NO3 und PO4 mindestens sein
Last Post: Anfnger
Posted On: 09-20-2019
Replies: 32
Views: 7,594
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: 09-20-2019
Replies: 406
Views: 55,621
0 15% OFF SICCE Pumps - ENDS SOON
Posted On: 09-18-2019
Replies: 0
Views: 57
0 GIVEAWAY: Fish Aid Antibiotics
Posted On: 09-18-2019
Replies: 1
Views: 161
0 Zeospur
Last Post: cflow
Posted On: 09-17-2019
Replies: 29
Views: 7,310
More...
Old 01-15-2019, 04:02 AM
Remi010 Remi010 ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Default Start with zeovit method (running tank)

Hello guys,
After turning over a year on Aquaforest probiotic method, I switch over to zeovit. Reactor has been ordered and the t5 bulbs will be delivered this week.
The tank has been running for the last 2 months. Phosphate and nitrate I did not get well under control (no3 5 and po4 between 0.001 and 0.004)

In February I will go over, first wait for the icp test to make any necessary corrections.

Hope you can help with the first period !!
Thanx

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter

2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter

3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique
Yes, Dastaco T1

4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.)
Yes, Phosphate minus, same as rowap
1 year

5. Are you using Ozone
No
6. Are you using UV
No
7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume)
Bubble king mini 200

8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels
Now its high,normally not
0,04 po4
5 no3

9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels
420 Ca
7,4 Alk
1360 Mg

10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.)
Bare bottom

11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.)
Ati hybrid 6x39 2x75 watt led

12. What corals do you keep
Sps

13. Tissue color (light or dark)
Light-medium dark

14. How long has the tank been running
3 years
15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system
Try to get the perfect tank

16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.)
Aquaforest abc
17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.)
30 kg 3 years
18. Any present problems
High nitraat

19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)
Little bit of green cyano algae

20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.)
Salifert Kh,Ca,Mg
Hanna ulr 336
Red sea pro No3
All up to date

21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)
Aquaforest pro bio S
Probiotic bacteria that help maintain perfect conditions in every aquarium, they absorb organic carbon, nitrates and phosphate.

Np pro
Liquid Polymer - Media for a growth of probiotic bacteria

22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.)
Salinity 35 ppt
25,2 celsius

23. Which salt brand do you use
Aquaforest probiotic salt

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2019, 02:03 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander ثeu
ZEOadmin

Hello Remi, I expect the water volume you have posted is liters. Therefore I would recommend you to start as follows:

First start with the basics products to decrease nutrients:

1. Place 0.6 liter zeovit in a Zeo Reactor. Water flow around 240 liters per hour. Connect the reactor pump to a clock timer and run the reactor pump with a 3 hour on / 3 hour off / 3 hour on interval. Please make sure the zeolite is not exposed to air while the pump is switched off. Clean the material daily. Leave the zeolite 4 weeks in the filter until you do the first change out. This is the first changing interval, others could be lengthen to 6 – 8 weeks.

2. Place 0.25 liters activated carbon in a filter sock and keep it in a passive water flow in your sump, changed every 30 days. Knead the carbon daily to keep the surface clean. Most users get perfect results with korallenzucht carbon.

3. Dose 3 drops ZeoBac daily for the first 2 weeks, flowed by a 2 – 3 x weekly dosage of 3 drops. Dose 0.26 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily (morning & evening). Dose those in front of the Zeo reactor pump while it is switched on.

Later on you could use the additional products for coral coloration. Adjust your skimmer to skim wet, keeping it clean to export as much as possible. Do a weekly water change of 5 – 10 % with a good salt.

With the system it is not recommended to use a PO4 absorber. I would recommend to remove 1/3 of the absorber if you start with zeovit, than reduce the rest over the next 6 – 8 weeks step by step to zero. If this is done keep a eye on the PO4 level which should not increase. Same with the polymer, reduce it slowly step by step.

Basic water parameters looking good, try to keep them as stabile as possible close the NSW in the following ranges:

KH 6.5 – 7.5
Ca 400 – 420 mg
Mg 1250 – 1300 mg
K+ ~ 380 mg

For a nutrient poor environment K+ (potassium) seems to be a important element. I would recommend you to get a test kit for this element also, posting your results.

If you start with the system stop dosing the Aquaforst products you use. I would also recommend you to use some kind of a standard salt without the probiotic component.

This is a start-up dosage which might have to be adjusted later.

G.Alexander
Old 01-16-2019, 02:34 AM
Remi010 Remi010 ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Hello Remi, I expect the water volume you have posted is liters. Therefore I would recommend you to start as follows:

First start with the basics products to decrease nutrients:

1. Place 0.6 liter zeovit in a Zeo Reactor. Water flow around 240 liters per hour. Connect the reactor pump to a clock timer and run the reactor pump with a 3 hour on / 3 hour off / 3 hour on interval. Please make sure the zeolite is not exposed to air while the pump is switched off. Clean the material daily. Leave the zeolite 4 weeks in the filter until you do the first change out. This is the first changing interval, others could be lengthen to 6 8 weeks.

2. Place 0.25 liters activated carbon in a filter sock and keep it in a passive water flow in your sump, changed every 30 days. Knead the carbon daily to keep the surface clean. Most users get perfect results with korallenzucht carbon.

3. Dose 3 drops ZeoBac daily for the first 2 weeks, flowed by a 2 3 x weekly dosage of 3 drops. Dose 0.26 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily (morning & evening). Dose those in front of the Zeo reactor pump while it is switched on.

Later on you could use the additional products for coral coloration. Adjust your skimmer to skim wet, keeping it clean to export as much as possible. Do a weekly water change of 5 10 % with a good salt.

With the system it is not recommended to use a PO4 absorber. I would recommend to remove 1/3 of the absorber if you start with zeovit, than reduce the rest over the next 6 8 weeks step by step to zero. If this is done keep a eye on the PO4 level which should not increase. Same with the polymer, reduce it slowly step by step.

Basic water parameters looking good, try to keep them as stabile as possible close the NSW in the following ranges:

KH 6.5 7.5
Ca 400 420 mg
Mg 1250 1300 mg
K+ ~ 380 mg

For a nutrient poor environment K+ (potassium) seems to be a important element. I would recommend you to get a test kit for this element also, posting your results.

If you start with the system stop dosing the Aquaforst products you use. I would also recommend you to use some kind of a standard salt without the probiotic component.

This is a start-up dosage which might have to be adjusted later.

G.Alexander
Thank you very much for your explanation Alexander. I am going to follow these steps and keep you informed. Another question about the basic 4, I need zeolit, zeo Start, and Carbon. Do I still have to use the Sponge power? If I have read correctly, is this the replacement for the Zeo Food7?

Old 01-16-2019, 09:36 AM
jacky jacky ثeuW
ZEOhead

The five basic components of the ZEOvit system interact to effectively reduce nutrients and establish water conditions close to the parameters encountered by corals in their natural habitats. The five basic components are:

Zeo Bac
Zeo Start3
Zeo Sponge power
Zeo Vit
Zeo activated carbon

You are right, according to the latest version Zeo Sponge power, Results: Enhance coral growth, increase tissue, increase sponge growth
It is recommended to use some high quality live rock

Zeo Food7 can be used to add coral appearance health adjustments
Old 01-16-2019, 11:59 AM
Remi010 Remi010 ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

thnx for your reaction, how much do I have to add the sponge power in the coming weeks? Where do you place the Zeoreactor and the outlet in the sump, before or after the skimmer

Old 01-16-2019, 12:57 PM
jacky jacky ثeuW
ZEOhead

This is a dose that may need to be adjusted in the future. It can usually be done 2 to 3 times a week, once a day. The growth of filtration systems reduces nutrients and corals' healthy metabolism.

Basically this should not be a problem, my choice is after skimmer, let bacteria and food enter the display system.

Also remind you that G.Alexander has said a word, this is the point, if you stop using the Aquaforst product from the system. I also recommend that you use a standard salt that does not contain probiotic ingredients.

Quite professional, first follow the advice of G.

Last edited by jacky; 01-16-2019 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-17-2019, 02:16 AM
ZEOadmin

Sponge Power does have a positive impact to the biology, you can dose it @ 3 drops daily for 2 week, than 6 drops 2 x weekly.

G.Alexander
Old 01-17-2019, 11:16 AM
Remi010 Remi010 ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Hi guys,

I got the zeoreactor inside, it is the Medium so quite big for the 0.6 ltr I need LOL. Tomorrow I get the kz bulbs and all the necessary bottles. For the salt I still doubt, I read a lot of positive comments about Tm pro and Red sea blue bucket on the forum. Reefers best seems good to me but can not find any parameters, and especially dkh, Ca, K.
Would it matter which one of the 3 I would take?

Old 01-17-2019, 12:20 PM
jacky jacky ثeuW
ZEOhead

My personal experience is that I will recommend Reefer's Best Coral Reef Salt, which is really a great choice, especially the suitability of Kh and K+.
Old 01-17-2019, 02:42 PM
Remi010 Remi010 ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
My personal experience is that I will recommend Reefer's Best Coral Reef Salt, which is really a great choice, especially the suitability of Kh and K+.
Ok, do you now the parameters of the salt? Is dKh around 7 or 8+ ? I can't find anything on the web

Old 01-17-2019, 06:00 PM
jacky jacky ثeuW
ZEOhead

Basically, each batch of new sea salt will be different, and the salinity temperature will be dissolved. The Kz system does not recommend Kh>8, then Reefer's Best Salt is the most suitable salt with low kh<8, and it also includes the appropriate level of potassium.
Old 01-18-2019, 11:34 PM
ZEOadmin

Many use TM or RedSea salt with the ZeoVit system if you are not able to get ReefersBest:

https://zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34702

https://zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36048

G.Alexander
Old 01-25-2019, 04:43 PM
Remi010 Remi010 ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

After a long hesitation between TM PRO and KZ reefers best salt I bought yesterday a 20 kg box of KZ reefers best salt. I made 25 ltr Ro water with 38 g / L both on the milwaukee 887 and the refractometer it came to 32ppt. Approximately 100 grams were added and it was 34 ppt.

And now it comes, DKH 9.3 !!!! 0.3 still depends on the correction with reference liquid. I was very shocked about this. Just looking for a salt for the zeovit method with a DKH of 7 a 7.5 I have therefore bought a salt which is useless. The wades are double checked with test sets and after calibration.

What can I do now?

Old 01-25-2019, 11:10 PM
ZEOadmin

You can use the salt as it is, the KH will have just a minimal impact to the tank (you just replace 10%) so this is really not a problem. KH is consumed very quick.

G.Alexander
Old 02-04-2019, 02:32 PM
Remi010 Remi010 ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
You can use the salt as it is, the KH will have just a minimal impact to the tank (you just replace 10%) so this is really not a problem. KH is consumed very quick.

G.Alexander
It is a while ago but I finally got the results of the icp test. In the last 2 weeks it did not go well with the tank. Some corals had stn and rtn. So I have not switched to the zeo method. Today I did a water change of 150 liters of 275 liters with reefers best salt.

Is it wise to switch to the zeovit method or to wait a while longer?
Also the results of the icp test. Recommendations are very welcome !!!!