zeovit.com Vertex  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 New System
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 73
Views: 6,017
0 Question regarding media in reactor
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 2
Views: 74
0 Zeospur
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 3
Views: 69
0 GIVEAWAY: Danner Supreme EZ Clean 55 External Aquarium Filter
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 34
0 Aquatic Life RO/DI SALE + MJ1200's for less then $20
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 08-22-2019
Replies: 0
Views: 73
0 Tank w.vreeswijk
Last Post: W.vreeswijk
Posted On: 08-22-2019
Replies: 362
Views: 56,873
4 Phosphate o
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 08-22-2019
Replies: 12
Views: 374
0 New to Zeovit - help with getting started.
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 08-22-2019
Replies: 11
Views: 710
0 Sale & Clearance- Vertex Somatic Package & More!
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 08-21-2019
Replies: 0
Views: 90
0 Cyno bacteria started
Last Post: Russreef
Posted On: 08-21-2019
Replies: 18
Views: 431
More...
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-07-2019, 05:01 AM
owk688's Avatar
owk688 owk688 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 63
Smile 120G New Sytem : 10 month

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) -
= About 596 liter

2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) -
= About 450 Liter

3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique
= Already order Will be using soon

4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.)
= No

5. Are you using Ozone
= No

6. Are you using UV
= No

7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume)
= Nyos Quantum 160 / Rated Water volume 250 - 1.000 litres

8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels
po4 0.000 - 0.028 ( Hanna ulr checker) / NO3 0.5 PPM

9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels
ALK = 8.0 - 8.5 DKH / MG 1425 / CA 418

10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.)
= NONE

11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.)
AI HD 26 x 3 (78w per light x 3 / 234w )

12. What corals do you keep
SPS dominant tank with a a few piece of mushroom and also disk

13. Tissue color (light or dark)
light

14. How long has the tank been running
About 10 month

15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system
growth and colour

16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.)
Aquaforest Coral Food : AF Amino Mix, AF Build, AF Energy, AF Vitality
Reason: For Coral food
Aquaforest MicroElement: Iodum, Strontium, Fluorine, Kalium, Iron,
Micro E
Reason: for color & Micro element

kh: using brightwell alkaline 8.3-p
I am using khg machine the system auto dosing based on the desire kh level i want. the kh maintain at 8.3-8.5 dkh.

mg: using red sea foundation c
I have stop the dosing due to the magnesium level is at 1425 and every time water change the level of magnesium is stable at 1425

calcium: using brightwell calcion-p
Daily 12ml dosing / separate in to 12 hour


17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.)
30kg Live rock / same as the tank about 10 month old
Maxspec Nano-Tech Bio-Media 2 piece

18. Any present problems
Turf Algae
sps some color are not up to expectation
the sps tissue is light in color

19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)
Turf Algae
sps some color are not up to expectation
the sps tissue is light in color

20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.)
HANNA : DKH, PO4 ULR, CALCIUM Checker
Salifert : Magnesium , Potassium

21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)
B-Balance : Daily 3 ml
A-Balance : Every 3 days 3 ml
K-Balance : Daily 3 ml
Amino Acid High Concentrate : Daily 3 drop
Sponge Power Concentrate : Daily 3 drop
Pohl's Xtra special : Daily 3 ml
Pohl's Coral Vitalizer : Every 2 days 3 drop
AcroGlow : Daily 3 drop
Coral Snow : 1 month 1 time or 2 time 3 ml

22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.)
25-26 c
1.025 sg

23. Which salt brand do you use
Aquaforest Reef salt

I am looking at below product to dose:
1. Trace Element Complex
2. Sea Water Complex All in One
3. Coral Booster

is item no 1 & 2 the same?
how about coral booster should i dose 3ml daily?

what can i do to increase the tissue and color for the sps?
I am having some problem for red color sps.

Thank you
jeffrey
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-07-2019, 08:05 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,989
Default

Hello owk688, I offer my thoughts and suggestions

9. What is your actual Ca, Alk and Mg content?
ALK = 8.0 - 8.5 DKH / MG 1425 / CA 418
(low nutrient water quality, suitable for parameters - Alk 6.5~7.5 Ca 400~420 Mg 1200~1300, high nutrient water parameters do not seem to help much in color, but instead Corals bring some pressure)

18. Any existing issues
18-1, Lawn algae
18-2, Some colors of sps do not meet
18-3, expectations
Sps tissue light color
18-1 ( After consumption, such as nutrients - organic matter, NP has been solved, and then the remaining organic matter (Zeo Coral Snow is very good)
18-2 & 18-3 ( With low dystrophic stability, potassium seems to be a very important element, K~+380 - 400 mg, Potassium = Zeo Kb, Kb stronge, please increase the value of the element slowly, not too fast, causing coral pressure, Potassium I observed the result - pale corals bring vitality, coral health, tissue and polyp growth, and red green blue help)

19. Description of the problem (organizational loss tips, tissue loss basis, algae, algae, etc.)
Sps tissue light color
B-Balance: 3 ml per day (Zeo BB has slow tissue lighting effect to reduce tissue)
AcroGlow: 3 drops a day (I don't have product experience, but I understand its function, it has a role in alleviating coral tissue in some corals)

Water purification (including oil sump, etc.) -
= about 450 liters (I didn't see the problem from your dosing plan, maybe a slight increase in the dose of "nutrition supplement" might be good)

I am looking for the following product doses:
1.Trace element complex
2. Integration of seawater complexes
3. Coral booster
( Items 1 and 2, I have no product experience, Booster should be helpful. My feeling of using the product is that the coral grows healthily, the tissue polyps deepen, the low malnutrition is added well, and the excessive signs - algae growth)

* In addition, I would recommend another product, Zeo Iodine. ( Coral tissue deepens, polyps grow, blue helps, signs of overdose - algae, coral tissue dark )

Booster regular dose - 1ml = 100L = 25 US gallons
Suggestions Add 2 times a week to observe all changes
Usually, my use is that Booster is mixed with Flat worm stop for 5 minutes. After 10 minutes, Zeo CV works well and coral growth is particularly strong.
Of course, a single use of Zeo Booster can also

What can I do to increase the organization and color of sps?
I have some problems with red sps.
(The answer above would like you to like, red-potassium and BB, usually in low-nutrition stable water quality, should be pink instead of deep red. Maybe the tube spectrum also has an effect but this is beyond my ability.)

I don't know much about your coral description, maybe it would be better to get a picture.

In addition, it may also be caused by the improper use of ZeoVit or activated carbon.

The above is not completely correct, I hope to help you.

Last edited by jacky; 02-07-2019 at 08:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-07-2019, 10:19 AM
owk688's Avatar
owk688 owk688 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 63
Default

HI,

my kh maintain minimum at 8.3 dkh.
i am looking for a way to lower my magnesium to 1280 but it seem not that easy and i have stop dosing magnesium for now.


Turf algae issue i am using tuxedo urchin to resolve the issue, i plan to get a few more tuxedo urchin baby for this job. i also got few tang are doing the job.

you was saying that : B-Balance: 3 ml per day (Zeo BB has slow tissue lighting effect to reduce tissue)
So should i continue to dose ? or maybe every few days once? any recommendation?

I am using ai 26hd 3 unit i hope the lighting is not the issue. but i also have the intention to add two more t5 as a supplement light for front and back, possible blue plus.

how about this two anyone know can i dose this two ? or is the same thing?
1.Trace element complex
2. Integration of seawater complexes

i attach some photo here for reference. sorry for the lousy photo quality.































Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Hello owk688, I offer my thoughts and suggestions

9. What is your actual Ca, Alk and Mg content?
ALK = 8.0 - 8.5 DKH / MG 1425 / CA 418
(low nutrient water quality, suitable for parameters - Alk 6.5~7.5 Ca 400~420 Mg 1200~1300, high nutrient water parameters do not seem to help much in color, but instead Corals bring some pressure)

18. Any existing issues
18-1, Lawn algae
18-2, Some colors of sps do not meet
18-3, expectations
Sps tissue light color
18-1 ( After consumption, such as nutrients - organic matter, NP has been solved, and then the remaining organic matter (Zeo Coral Snow is very good)
18-2 & 18-3 ( With low dystrophic stability, potassium seems to be a very important element, K~+380 - 400 mg, Potassium = Zeo Kb, Kb stronge, please increase the value of the element slowly, not too fast, causing coral pressure, Potassium I observed the result - pale corals bring vitality, coral health, tissue and polyp growth, and red green blue help)

19. Description of the problem (organizational loss tips, tissue loss basis, algae, algae, etc.)
Sps tissue light color
B-Balance: 3 ml per day (Zeo BB has slow tissue lighting effect to reduce tissue)
AcroGlow: 3 drops a day (I don't have product experience, but I understand its function, it has a role in alleviating coral tissue in some corals)

Water purification (including oil sump, etc.) -
= about 450 liters (I didn't see the problem from your dosing plan, maybe a slight increase in the dose of "nutrition supplement" might be good)

I am looking for the following product doses:
1.Trace element complex
2. Integration of seawater complexes
3. Coral booster
( Items 1 and 2, I have no product experience, Booster should be helpful. My feeling of using the product is that the coral grows healthily, the tissue polyps deepen, the low malnutrition is added well, and the excessive signs - algae growth)

* In addition, I would recommend another product, Zeo Iodine. ( Coral tissue deepens, polyps grow, blue helps, signs of overdose - algae, coral tissue dark )

Booster regular dose - 1ml = 100L = 25 US gallons
Suggestions Add 2 times a week to observe all changes
Usually, my use is that Booster is mixed with Flat worm stop for 5 minutes. After 10 minutes, Zeo CV works well and coral growth is particularly strong.
Of course, a single use of Zeo Booster can also

What can I do to increase the organization and color of sps?
I have some problems with red sps.
(The answer above would like you to like, red-potassium and BB, usually in low-nutrition stable water quality, should be pink instead of deep red. Maybe the tube spectrum also has an effect but this is beyond my ability.)

I don't know much about your coral description, maybe it would be better to get a picture.

In addition, it may also be caused by the improper use of ZeoVit or activated carbon.

The above is not completely correct, I hope to help you.

Last edited by owk688; 02-07-2019 at 10:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-07-2019, 12:40 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,989
Default

Thanks for the picture, then this is what I think - the coral looks like the tissue is not light, and the Zeo BB should be used without problems (usually good for low malnutrition)

But I also intentionally add two t5 as a supplemental light, which may be blue plus. (I support you, this is my initial thought. I think it should not be enough for the light source, but few people will propose it, so I did not give advice. If it is me, I will use white light instead of blue light. Everyone tastes different)

So maybe high levels of magnesium are used to deal with those algae problems?

Algae and bacteria algae on the sill, it is recommended that you try Zeo Coral Snow 1ml=100L=25 US gallons, the highest dose can be used x 5 times

450L water volume - I will recommend you Zeo CS 9ml every day, and the toothbrush cleans it, the filter socks are replaced every other day, the skimmer adjusts the wet, and the water changes 10% per week.Confirm that the quality of Ro/di water is good

Increased lighting + cleaning and maintenance + water change + reduced nutritional supplements, I believe corals will be more comfortable, PE will be better.

If you prefer, I would recommend better entry from Zeo base products (Zeo Bac, sponge power, start3, ZeoVit, activated carbon)

High amino acid concentration: stop
Pohl's Xtra special: stop
Pohl's Coral Vitalizer: stop

1. Trace element complex - it is not recommended to add at this time
2. Integration of seawater complex - it is not recommended to add at this time
3. Coral Booster - It is not recommended to add at this time

Aquaforest MicroElement: Iodum, Strontium, Fluorine, Kalium, Iron,
Micro E (I have no product experience, if it is me, I will temporarily stop adding, after the algae problem is solved, I will start adding it)

Do you get some functional animals, some functional animals will eat algae, if it can be removed in an artificial way should be the fastest way

The coral looks beautiful and there is no problem. It is good to solve the mud algae bacteria first.

This is my thoughts and suggestions, maybe others can have better suggestions.

Last edited by jacky; 02-07-2019 at 01:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-08-2019, 01:10 AM
owk688's Avatar
owk688 owk688 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 63
Default

Hi today I just bought seawater complex.
Going to dose 3 ml daily.

But accidently dose 10ml today,will there be any side effect?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-08-2019, 03:42 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,989
Default

I don't have experience with this product. You may skip some trace elements and nutrient additions for the time being, which may be better. Try a mixture of Coral Snow and remove it manually. Also check the quality of the RO water.

Everyone likes it differently, if it is me, I will do it.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-08-2019, 05:58 AM
owk688's Avatar
owk688 owk688 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 63
Default

@G.Alexander

any advice from you?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-08-2019, 10:19 PM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 35,846
Default

Hello Jeffrey,

For my taste you already dose a lot of elements, this might also have something to do with the algae growth.

Can you please tell me more about your plan, do you like to convert this system to run the full ZeoVit system or do you just like to use the additional products you have listed ?

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-09-2019, 10:23 AM
owk688's Avatar
owk688 owk688 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 63
Default

hi,

My plan is to use what i have currently. Due to the limitation space of my sump i am not able to add any zeolite.

So for now i will like to use the additional product i mention.

I have only bought Sea Water Complex All in One for trace element replenishment. Currently i set my dosing pump to dose 3 ml per day, separate in to 3 time dosing each time is 1 ml.

I understand the component listed in sea water complex but as for trace element complex i have no idea what is in it. I scare that i will over dose.

I am stopping all other product trace element dosing only relay on seawater complex. Due to seawater complex do not have any iron, i will continue to dose iron separately.

i have the intentions to purchase below product
1. Trace Element Complex
2. Coral Booster

But i do need to get some advice for my current dosing schedule.

Thank you
Jeffrey


Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Hello Jeffrey,

For my taste you already dose a lot of elements, this might also have something to do with the algae growth.

Can you please tell me more about your plan, do you like to convert this system to run the full ZeoVit system or do you just like to use the additional products you have listed ?

G.Alexander
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-09-2019, 10:36 PM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 35,846
Default

Thank you for making it clear Jeffrey. If you stop all other products you use at the moment I would recommend you to start as follows but not with both at the same time. This will give you a chance to observe what change each products is doing.

Lets start with CoralBooster as follows:

1 ml / 100 liters every other day for 10 days, than observe the changes of you corals. Usually a dosage of 1 ml / 100 liters 2 x weekly for the future does work well.

Same with Trace Element Complex about 2 or 3 weeks after you have started to dose CoralBooster:

1 ml / 100 liters every other day for 10 days, than observe the changes of you corals. Usually a dosage of 1 – 1.5 ml / 100 liters 2 x weekly for the future does work well.

If overdosed both products will cause darker tissue. If this does happen just reduce the quantity or length the dosing interval.

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-10-2019, 10:44 AM
owk688's Avatar
owk688 owk688 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 63
Default

HI @G.Alexander
so can i confirm below dosing is okay?

B-Balance : Daily 3 ml
A-Balance : Every 3 days 3 ml
K-Balance : Daily 3 ml
Amino Acid High Concentrate : Daily 3 drop
Sponge Power Concentrate : Daily 3 drop
Pohl's Xtra special : Daily 3 ml
Pohl's Coral Vitalizer : Every 2 days 3 drop
AcroGlow : Daily 3 drop
Coral Snow : 1 month 1 time or 2 time 3 ml
Sea water all in one complex : 3 ml daily (split in to 3 time / each time 1 ml)

Since i stared to dose sea water all in one complex. How long do i need to wait to start dose coral booster?

What should i be observing?

--------------------------------------------
As for below you suggest will be for:

Lets start with CoralBooster as follows:

1 ml / 100 liters every other day for 10 days, than observe the changes of you corals. Usually a dosage of 1 ml / 100 liters 2 x weekly for the future does work well.

Same with Trace Element Complex about 2 or 3 weeks after you have started to dose CoralBooster:

1 ml / 100 liters every other day for 10 days, than observe the changes of you corals. Usually a dosage of 1 1.5 ml / 100 liters 2 x weekly for the future does work well.

If overdosed both products will cause darker tissue. If this does happen just reduce the quantity or length the dosing interval.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you
jeffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Thank you for making it clear Jeffrey. If you stop all other products you use at the moment I would recommend you to start as follows but not with both at the same time. This will give you a chance to observe what change each products is doing.

Lets start with CoralBooster as follows:

1 ml / 100 liters every other day for 10 days, than observe the changes of you corals. Usually a dosage of 1 ml / 100 liters 2 x weekly for the future does work well.

Same with Trace Element Complex about 2 or 3 weeks after you have started to dose CoralBooster:

1 ml / 100 liters every other day for 10 days, than observe the changes of you corals. Usually a dosage of 1 1.5 ml / 100 liters 2 x weekly for the future does work well.

If overdosed both products will cause darker tissue. If this does happen just reduce the quantity or length the dosing interval.

G.Alexander
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-11-2019, 02:04 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 35,846
Default

Sounds good, you can give it a try but you might temporary stop dosing Amino Acids while adding the new products, once you found the right dosage for your system you can try to start doing it again. You might also do this with the Seawater complex.

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-12-2019, 06:03 AM
owk688's Avatar
owk688 owk688 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Sounds good, you can give it a try but you might temporary stop dosing Amino Acids while adding the new products, once you found the right dosage for your system you can try to start doing it again. You might also do this with the Seawater complex.

G.Alexander
okay currently dosing seawater complex at 3ml daily. when will i able to see some result? 2 week? or a month?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-13-2019, 02:02 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 35,846
Default

I would expect some changes after about one week.

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-13-2019, 06:06 AM
owk688's Avatar
owk688 owk688 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
I would expect some changes after about one week.

G.Alexander
Noted

Let me update after 2 or 3 week.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.7, Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright by ZeoVit.com