zeovit.com BulkReefsupply  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 3 weeks in, high po4
Last Post: e13mentx
Posted On: Today
Replies: 0
Views: 14
0 Mein Kleines Wohnzimmerriff
Last Post: ArturW33
Replies: 63
Views: 8,768
0 bryopsis problem
Last Post: Aquajan
Replies: 6
Views: 537
0 Tank w.vreeswijk
Last Post: W.vreeswijk
Replies: 412
Views: 110,933
0 High no3 and po4
Last Post: babajaga
Replies: 82
Views: 5,004
0 new member
Last Post: TravelingPotato
Replies: 2
Views: 46
0 New Start
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 69
Views: 5,277
0 Cloudy water?
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 12
Views: 1,688
0 GIVEAWAY: Kamoer FX-STP WiFi Dosing Pump
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 02-18-2020
Replies: 1
Views: 239
0 20% OFF Ecotech Radion G4 LED
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 02-17-2020
Replies: 0
Views: 87
More...
Old 11-22-2019, 03:26 AM
Yousef Yousef ثeuW
ZEOhead in Training

Default New Start

I have a new tank no coral no fish its running for two month how can I start ? my zero vit reactor when I turn it off like you said for 3 hours all the media will be without water ? Its ok or what should I do
Old 11-22-2019, 04:16 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousef View Post
I have a new tank no coral no fish it’s running for two month how can I start ? my zero vit reactor when I turn it off like you said for 3 hours all the media will be without water ? It’s ok or what should I do
Hello, you can post a new line and fill in the details in detail so that you can learn more

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter
2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter
3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique
4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.)
5. Are you using Ozone
6. Are you using UV
7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume)
8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels
9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels
10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.)
11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.)
12. What corals do you keep
13. Tissue color (light or dark)
14. How long has the tank been running
15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system
16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.)
17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.)
18. Any present problems
19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)
20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.)
21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)
22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.)
23. Which salt brand do you use
Old 11-22-2019, 04:08 PM
Yousef Yousef ثeuW
ZEOhead in Training

1. Gross water volume 92 Gallons
2. Net water volume 80 Gallons
3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique NO
4. Are you using a PO4 reactor yes for 2 week because i get hair algae
5. Are you using Ozone NO
6. Are you using UV NO but i have one and im thinking to use it
7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) tunze skimmer 1200 liter
8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels - po4 zero No3 0.5
9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels Ca 450 - ALK 9 - Mg 1350
10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud i have 5 kilo CERAMIC BIO-SPHERE
11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) 3 radion XR15W G4 PRO
12. What corals do you keep - i dont have
13. Tissue color (light or dark)
14. How long has the tank been running 2 month
15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system because i want to but sps and lps and i saw best sps tank using zeovit
16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) nothing
17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) dry rock 25 kilo
18. Any present problems - green hair algae
19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) daitom bloom but now alot of hair algae
20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) ocean life
21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.) nothing yet
22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.) 1.025 -26C
23. Which salt brand do you use - tropic marine pro
Old 11-22-2019, 10:20 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Before I wait for G.Alexander's professional plan, if my understanding is correct, there are no animals in the tank at present, then I think, perhaps in the sump, add some fresh and high quality live rock better than those biological filter rings, it accelerates The biological process.

Maybe it's so good [add some quality live rock and Zeo base 4 to reduce nutrition start] both at the same time

In addition, the PO4 reactor is not recommended for long-term use in the Zeo system. Can you release the appearance picture of algae? Is the resin material used as the last channel of the filter?

What kind of test package does PO4 use?

Last edited by jacky; 11-22-2019 at 10:35 PM.
Old 11-23-2019, 12:41 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander ثeu
ZEOadmin

As Jacky has mention it makes a big difference for the start of ZeoVit if the system does contain animals or not so it would be important to know.

Do you have a chance to get a PO4 test result from a high sensitive test kit or a photometer ? The hobby test kits do usually not work very well within those low levels.

Neither UV nor Ozone are compatible to the system, it is not recommended to use them.

Some additional live rock as Jacky said would be good for the systems biology also.

G.Alexander
Old 11-23-2019, 03:02 AM
Yousef Yousef ثeuW
ZEOhead in Training

there are no animal no coral in the tank . my problem is our LFS dont have high quality live rock !!! so im afraid if i take from them i will get some worm or something bad ?? so what should i do now ? i have some fish in my QT for two month .

i dont get any PO4 test result because the algae i think . but all my PO4 test kit is the sensitive test . should i have another one ?

Is the resin material used as the last channel of the filter? you mean the GFO reactor ?
Old 11-23-2019, 03:05 AM
Yousef Yousef ثeuW
ZEOhead in Training

algae now for 20 days . before few days i turn off the light
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E37A5049-C113-471E-9BDA-2786C988C79E.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	23551   Click image for larger version

Name:	C0981A8B-53DA-4C8B-B251-0919C9CDBBE0.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	23552   Click image for larger version

Name:	1A7C328F-5FA4-4358-93F1-501B53C2F590.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	23553  
Old 11-23-2019, 07:12 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Worms or Bad Things - The new corals that are brought in later are also difficult to ensure that they are not 100% brought in. They are hiding in any gaps. (Really don't have to worry too much about this issue)

If dry rock is used, "biological" may take a long time, and because of the nature of the material and the bacteria, the current state of algae is developed.

Most people, using high-precision equipment, get at least the Hanna PO4 test kit (clear digital display), which is good.

Sorry, I always explain that it is not very clear. It means - Ro/di water, whether it uses resin material as the last filtration channel. I don't know why you used the "raw water", is Tds = 0?

There are no animals in the tank. For me, that's really great, so it's quite positive for adding some quality live rock.

This tank builds so far, what system to use, if everything is very "clean". It is recommended to completely exclude/stop using any of the recommended (UV, Ozone). Then you can start the Zeo 14-day cycle after adding some fresh live rock.
Old 11-23-2019, 07:32 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Zeovit uses some basic getting started guides to get you started.

Zeo Bac
Zeo Start
Zeo Sponge Power
ZeoVit material and Zeo brand activated carbon

80 US gallons = about 320L

Zeo activated carbon = passive flight using bag inside sump, replacement every 30 days
[ Every 1000 liters of water is 0.5~1 liters of Zeo live Carbon]

ZeoVit material = need a reactor
[ 1 liter (ie 1 pack) of zeolite corresponds to 400L of water]
Old 11-23-2019, 07:57 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

*If there are no animals in the tank, then this is a 14-day cycle.

https://zeovit.com/forums/showpost.p...60&postcount=7

Any Po4 and ozone are completely removed. In the sump, add some fresh live rock and start the Zeo14 project. (Bio ring I will also remove it completely)

Optional = Before you perform the Zeo 14-Day Plan and add a fresh live rock, the toothbrush is a good helper, and siphon the sand, clean the sand as much as possible, and replace the water by 20%, which is good.

Or completely remove the dry rock with the incompatible components mentioned above, use the fresh live rock stacking landscaping, completely replace the water 100%, execute the Zeo14 plan, this is equivalent to a full update, I think this is also very good / also better

Just look at your choice. Compared with the present, if you ask me, I will choose the latter to be completely updated.

Last edited by jacky; 11-23-2019 at 08:16 AM.
Old 11-23-2019, 08:48 AM
Yousef Yousef ثeuW
ZEOhead in Training

thanks alot i will do it. but the link you but it for the 14 day plan are not working

but i cant turn off the zeovit reactor for 3 hours .because i have skimmz reactor when i turn it off all the water come out of the reactor. so i keep the reactor 24/7 on its ok ??
Old 11-23-2019, 08:53 AM
Yousef Yousef ثeuW
ZEOhead in Training

i have a problem my PH always low 7.5 . my LFS recommended me to use CO2 SCRUBBER does it work with the zeovit system ???
Old 11-23-2019, 09:13 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

3hr open 3hr off - for system conversion
New 14-day cycle - keep the reactor active

*Because I noticed a little problem, tank has fish, I am not sure if I can execute Zeo14 plan
If there are no animals at all, you can execute the plan

Then it should be the implementation of the "2-week Zeo Bac/Start Plan"

Let us wait for G.Alexander's more professional detailed plan description

Ph = 7.5 (water quality acid and alkali is close to "neutral"). 1. What salinity meter do you use to check salinity? Is the salinity stable? 2. Is the carbon rod accurately corrected?
3. Does a certain material release an "acidic substance"? What do you think?

Last edited by jacky; 11-23-2019 at 09:24 AM.
Old 11-23-2019, 09:19 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

*Applicable to new tanks, completely animal free, 14 days detailed plan

Sorry, I don't know what happened to the link, forgive me for the difference in possible areas. I can't provide a simple link

Initial 14 day cycle by Korallenzucht

Day 0:

Install an appropriate sea water tank, install the sump, install necessary PVC tubing and make sure to give the glue enough time to dry !

Day 1:

1. Water
Fill the system with reverse osmosis water, if possible use the RO unit with a filter resin as last stage. Warm up the water to 20-25 C and install current pumps at the same time.

2. Current
We recommend a smooth and broad flow, about 20-30 times of the tank’s volume per hour. Also well approved is the combination with Osci-Motion – they create a very natural shifting streaming due to the pivoting pumps.

3. Sea salt
As soon as the water temperature is around 25 C add salt slowly into the current and adopt the salinity around 34 %o. Live rock can be added as soon as the salt has dissolved completely and the water is clear.

4. Live rock
It is very important to use fresh and clear live rock, approx. 10 % of the tank’s contents After you bring in the live rock in the tank, the sand bed is next. At this time the skimmer is started as well as the ZEOvit filter and the tank needs light now!

5. Sand bed
Now you can add a shallow sand bed. Use crushed Coral Sand or Aragonite. Do not use Live Sand in combination with the ZEOvit system. Soak the material in reverse osmosis water for 3-4 days before use and replace osmosis water daily. If the PO4 level of the water is close to zero the sand is ideal.

6. Start the ZEOvit filter and skimmer
Use 1 liter ZEOvit for each net 400 liter (100 US gallons) of water tank volume. Do not exceed flow rate through the filter of 400 liter (100 US gallons) per hour maximum per each 1liter ZEOvit. Make sure to run the reactor with a continous flow. Start your protein skimmer.

7. Lighting and other technical equipment
Start the lighting min. 10 hours per day. Start also all other technical equipment now.

8. Dosage
The addition of ZEObak, ZEOstart and Sponge Power can be started now.

ZEObak: 5 ml per 100 liters/25 US gallons
ZEOstart: 10 ml per 100 liters/25 US gallons
Sponge Power: 3 ml per 100 liters/25 US gallons

Day 2 and Day 3

Dosing break.

Day 4:

Dose ZEObak, ZEOstart and Sponge Power as recommended on the products Label daily until day 14:

ZeoBac 1 drop / 100 liters/25 US gallons
Sponge Power 1 drop / 100 liters/25 US gallons
ZeoStart 0.1 ml / 100 liters/25 US gallons 2 x daily

Day 4-10:

Different algae phases can appear, like some brown slime algae followed by some healthy green algae. Use the same dosage like described for day 4 above. Double check Salinity.

Day 10:

First herbivore fish (max. 2 per 200 L) can be added, also sea urchins and turbo snails. You should also be able to add the first not to sensitive corals like branching Montipora. Add now the Activated Carbon.

Activated Carbon:
As soon as the first animals are stocked into the system, add the Activated Carbon: 0.5 – 1 Liter per 1000 liters as recommended. Replacement interval 30 days.

Day 11-14

Keep dosage as described for day 4. Test Carbonate Hardness and Salinity carefully. More corals can now be added into the system if the basic water parameters are in the recommended ranges. Additional fish can be added but should be done very slow. Also fish feeding has to be done very carefully in this phase as biology is not very stabile in this phase. Do not add more fish than 1-2 fish per 250 liters per week. After additional 4 weeks you can add the rest of the fish which where planed for the system.

Starting from day 14:

ZeoBac 1 drop / 100 liters/25 US gallons 2-3 x weekly
Sponge Power 1 drop / 100 liters/25 US gallons daily
ZeoStart 0.1 ml / 100 liters/25 US gallons 2 x daily

The dosage needs than eventually be adjusted depending to the general look of the tank, the parameters or the corals. Later on, additional products can be used. We would recommend to start wit the regular water changes at week 4 – 6.
Old 11-24-2019, 12:17 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander ثeu
ZEOadmin

Here is a link to the cycle method you can use if there are not animals in the system already:

https://zeovit.com/forums/showpost.p...60&postcount=7

Use the net water volume to calculate the necessary dosage and ZeoVit quantity. In your case start at #6 as the system is already running so add the reactor, fill it and start dosing.

It might not be ideal to use live rock that is old already so if you are not able to get good quality rock it might be better to leave it as it is. As Jacky has mention in this case the cycle will take much more time.

The pictures are very small, the green stuff looks like a mixture of green hair algae and light green slime algae, do you have a better picture ?

G.Alexander