zeovit.com EcoTech Marine LLC  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 3 weeks in, high po4
Last Post: e13mentx
Posted On: Today
Replies: 0
Views: 17
0 Mein Kleines Wohnzimmerriff
Last Post: ArturW33
Replies: 63
Views: 8,770
0 bryopsis problem
Last Post: Aquajan
Replies: 6
Views: 538
0 Tank w.vreeswijk
Last Post: W.vreeswijk
Replies: 412
Views: 110,935
0 High no3 and po4
Last Post: babajaga
Replies: 82
Views: 5,013
0 new member
Last Post: TravelingPotato
Replies: 2
Views: 47
0 New Start
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 69
Views: 5,286
0 Cloudy water?
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 12
Views: 1,691
0 GIVEAWAY: Kamoer FX-STP WiFi Dosing Pump
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 02-18-2020
Replies: 1
Views: 240
0 20% OFF Ecotech Radion G4 LED
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 02-17-2020
Replies: 0
Views: 87
More...

Old 01-29-2020, 03:25 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

If they do not reduce or decrease within the first 2 or 3 weeks it might be necessary to use a additional treatment.

G.Alexander
Old 01-29-2020, 03:33 AM
UncleFester UncleFester 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Excellent, would this be a daily dose over the course of the 2/3 week period ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-30-2020, 05:32 AM
ZEOadmin

Yes, daily for this time range.

G.Alexander
Old 02-01-2020, 12:15 PM
ZEOhead in Training

Default 3 Week Up-date

So, the numbers for week 3 are as follows;

PH 8.2
Nitrate 20
PO4 0.02
Calcium 410
Alk 8.6
Mag 1260

Potassium 467 ?

New products being used as per directions from G Alexander and Jacky, Coral Snow and Cyano dosed as per advised.

The reason for the increase in numbers was down to an error with my doser, or should I say, the user (me), I wrongly calculated the levels so was dosing slightly to much to compensate for the change in Salt, this has now been rectified.

Observations from the last week would be that the corals are really starting to pop, especially the Torches and Goniopora, extension from the tentacles is the best I have seen. Also, the colours from the SPS are starting to come through, might just be me, but look brighter.

I have reduced NOPOX by 50% which might be contributing to the Nitrates, that being said, they have been fairly stable over the past few weeks so happy enough, at least they are not rising.

Really happy with how things are progressing, appreciate that it's still early days but definitely seeing an improvement in the system.

The results for the Potassium was taken with the Red Sea Pro Kit, however, im not convinced they are entirely accurate. I will test again towards the end of the coming week and post results.

Couple of questions;

1. Should the reactor remain on permanently or stick with current schedule.
2. Still running the skimmer wet, should I continue with this setting.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-02-2020, 01:11 AM
ZEOadmin

Glad to hear things are working well, just make sure the KH does slowly decrease, keep it as stable as possible around 7 7.5

Would recommend you to run the reactor with the interval until about 2 weeks after the first ZeoVit exchange. If corals are doing well at this time you can switch the reactor to continuous flow. This should also be slowly decrease NO3 again. First ZeoVit exchange should be soon ?

At the moment lets keep the skimmer adjustment, you can speed it down a little bit when you switch the reactor to continuous flow.

G.Alexander
Old 02-02-2020, 01:19 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

If I understand your question, # 15 may have answered you. NOPOX I don't know what the product is. Keep the ZeoStart dose. However, NOPOX should be gradually reduced to 0 and keep the Zeo Bac / Start / Sponge Poeer plan until the first ZeoVit material is changed.

Cyano problem / Zeo bacterial system / reduced nutrition, skimmer wet condition is good
Old 02-02-2020, 05:20 AM
ZEOhead in Training

Will proceed as advised, one thing to mention, Im not currently using the Sponge Power as part of the system as this wasnt mentioned, Is this something I should look to integrate within the plan ?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2020, 08:25 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Yes, Zeo Sponge Power 2 drops every other day.
Old 02-02-2020, 11:20 AM
ZEOhead in Training

Thanks Jacky, just before I go ahead and order, are there any other products that I should consider, reason im asking is that I would rather get these ordered in one go as I need to order on-line so would like to save on postage costs.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-15-2020, 12:46 PM
ZEOhead in Training

Default Week 5 Parameters

Water parameters as of today are as follows;

PH 8.2
Nitrate 10
Phosphate 0.02
Calcium 400
Alk 7.7
Magnesium 1230

Zeo media was changed at week 4, sponge power introduced as per recommendations from Jacky.

Still have small patches of Cyano but does seem to be contained and reducing, will continue with previous instructions and up-date in two weeks.

Overall tank is looking good, few new additions by the way of a Chalice, Stylophora, Bali Slimer and Monto Setosa, all doing well and settled nicely.

Really pleased with the results so far as everything is going to plan.

Nitrate has finally started to decline, so, will maintain the weekly gravel cleaning, ive also introduced a couple of small Tunze power heads, these are directed behind the rocks so as to make sure any detritus is pushed into the water column, maybe the cause for the reduction in Nitrates ?

As always, welcome any further recommendations.
Old 02-15-2020, 09:35 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Looks like things are going well

Keep Zeo Foundation Plan

It is recommended to replace the water by 5 ~ 10% in 4 ~ 6 weeks, which will refresh the elements in a balanced manner, while siphoning the vacuum sand (if there is sand), or partially vacuuming the cyano

Use Zeo brand activated carbon and replace it every 30 days. If it is encountered at the same time as the replacement of ZeoVit material, let the two (activated carbon / ZeoVit material) be executed one week apart.

After each ZeoVit material exchange, Zeo Bac x 10 days, otherwise 2 ~ 3 times per week

Potassium remains at 380 ~ 400 levels
Obtain potassium test kit, low malnutrition water quality, potassium is also very important element