zeovit.com EcoTech Marine LLC  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 High no3 and po4
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 40
Views: 1,256
0 New ZEOvit tank, Algae issues
Last Post: ohashimz
Posted On: Today
Replies: 62
Views: 5,540
0 LIMITED TIME OFFER: 20% off Dosetronic
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 27
0 360g stag horn dominate reef tank
Last Post: ycnibrc
Replies: 37
Views: 10,153
0 Skimz 157 hourly flush question
Last Post: TravelingPotato
Replies: 9
Views: 210
0 Phosban reactor converted to zeovit Auto reactor
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 2
Views: 61
0 Balling and zeovit
Replies: 2
Views: 125
0 A couple issues
Replies: 15
Views: 337
0 GIVEAWAY: MicMol Aqua CC LED Light For Nano & Planted Aquariums
Posted On: 01-15-2020
Replies: 0
Views: 42
0 GIVEAWAY: Maxspect Jump Return Pump
Posted On: 01-15-2020
Replies: 1
Views: 120
More...

Old 12-15-2019, 09:24 AM
k_mac k_mac 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
So how did the copper problem happen?

For example, rusty originals? Screws?

Thank you
I'm looking into that, but my question is....... Will the Zeolites affect the use of the triton Detox, nothing else.
Old 12-15-2019, 07:55 PM
Bugger Bugger 目前離線
ZEOdabbler

What is your water change schedule like? Why did triton not advise a water change over the detox. Can you post up your results on here. I know I used fuana marine dino x with zeoites and the dinoflagalattes never went away. You can conitune asking but your probally not going to get a straight answer as none has studied it or experimented on it. Do you already have the detox on hand?
Old 12-16-2019, 06:34 AM
k_mac k_mac 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugger View Post
What is your water change schedule like? Why did triton not advise a water change over the detox. Can you post up your results on here. I know I used fuana marine dino x with zeoites and the dinoflagalattes never went away. You can conitune asking but your probally not going to get a straight answer as none has studied it or experimented on it. Do you already have the detox on hand?
10% water change weekly - 0 RO/DI reading using Tropic Marin Pro Reef. Triton did advise water changes and Detox. Looks like you're singing from the same hymn sheet as myself in regards getting an answer. I'll just proceed with the Detox anyway
Old 12-16-2019, 09:01 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

You asked this question, maybe you can ask Triton, maybe they have this experience to deal with

This service is not available in my area. If I encountered this problem, I might try to do so. First remove the source of the problem. If the coral TN is reduced by 1/2 of the reactor flow, replace the water by 20% in 10 days and do it 3 times. At the same time, the white light hours / intensity (LED) is reduced, and only Zeo CV is retained in nutritious food. Adjust the skimmer to be wetter.

Toothbrush helper on the rock, Zeo Coral Snow (organic matter, maybe some copper level reduction)

Get a copper test kit and try using copper to filter white cotton

Usually, shrimp, crab, etc. Can't stand such water quality (maybe it's related to the copper concentration), if the system is strong enough, the water quality can be maintained well. If creatures die in large numbers, you may need to watch out for water quality to avoid additional crises

I don't have such practical experience, and I don't know if using copper filter white cotton is in conflict with the Zeo system. Just some ideas / if it was me I would do it. Or rely on more replacement water to refresh the balance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-12-16 21.58.39.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	23736  

Last edited by jacky; 12-16-2019 at 09:12 AM.
Old 01-05-2020, 04:24 PM
cflow cflow 目前離線
ZEOhead

What was your exact heavy metal? I had high aluminum due to use of marine pure blocks. Triton advised me to use Rowaphos to remove aluminum, which it did, but it depleted my PO4 so much that i got a Dino outbreak. They also mentioned that zeolites can leach aluminum. I dont know if this is true. Ive used zeolites before without problem. You need to double check everything (pumps, magnets, etc.) in your system to rule out contributing metals. I can actually attest that my system does better without zeolites, but every tank is different.