zeovit.com Premium Aquatics  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 About to start running the ZEOvit system
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 37
Views: 1,868
0 High no3 and po4
Last Post: babajaga
Posted On: Today
Replies: 12
Views: 199
0 REFRIGERATED FOODS Flat Rate $7.99 2-Day Air Shipping
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 12-12-2019
Replies: 0
Views: 55
0 Curious about all zeovit tank T5 combination
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 12-12-2019
Replies: 5
Views: 756
0 360g stag horn dominate reef tank
Last Post: ycnibrc
Posted On: 12-11-2019
Replies: 30
Views: 8,721
0 What's NEW from Tropic Eden? + 40% OFF Premium Refractometer
Last Post: Premiumaq
Replies: 0
Views: 124
0 vermetid snails.. and success stories
Last Post: Mario_B
Replies: 16
Views: 528
0 Daelie's Reefer 250
Replies: 3
Views: 249
0 Rollermat with full Zeo
Posted On: 12-10-2019
Replies: 2
Views: 242
4 Featured Tank . Pawel Szember (paszembe) - Poland
Last Post: tony73
Posted On: 12-10-2019
Replies: 20
Views: 8,708
More...
Old 11-07-2019, 04:26 PM
Wunderpus Wunderpus 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Default New Waterbox 190.5

Hi All,

Just getting used to this site, I figured I'd post a thread about my new build. I saw a lot of folks are answering these questions, so, here it goes:

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter

190.5 gallons

2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter

190.5 gallons

3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique

2 part

4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.)

No
5. Are you using Ozone

No

6. Are you using UV

No

7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume)

Eshhopps X-225, rated for 325g

8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels

N/A

9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels

CA: 420, ALK 8 and MG: 1300

10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.)

Filter socks, and I have a little refugium setup that I'll likely remove as it seems advisable to do so with ZeoVit....

11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.)

4 Radion XR30 G4 Pros, running on modified AB+ (more blue)

12. What corals do you keep

Mostly SPS only

13. Tissue color (light or dark)

Light

14. How long has the tank been running

2 weeks

15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system

Better SPS coloration and growth

16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.)

BRS 2 part + Mag controlled by a Trident

17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.)

About 100lbs I believe

18. Any present problems

Small film algae bloom on the glass (just increased light brightness).

19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)

All corals are healthy.

20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.)

Hanna Checker for PO4, Nyos Nitrate and Neptune trident for the big 3

21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)

Zeostart, spur, bak and food. Following the "start up" doses.

22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.)

1.026 at 79F.

23. Which salt brand do you use

Tropic Marin pro

Here's a video of the tank thus far... Things seem to be moving in a positive direction..

imgur.com/a/1Q96xST

Thanks everyone!
Old 11-08-2019, 03:44 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Hello Wunderpus, welcome to our community !

Can you tell us something more about the cycle, have you used the 14 day cycle method ?

https://zeovit.com/forums/showpost.p...60&postcount=7

What is your actual dosing regimen, ZeoVit and carbon quantity ?

G.Alexander
Old 11-08-2019, 09:15 AM
Wunderpus Wunderpus 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Hello Wunderpus, welcome to our community !

Can you tell us something more about the cycle, have you used the 14 day cycle method ?

https://zeovit.com/forums/showpost.p...60&postcount=7

What is your actual dosing regimen, ZeoVit and carbon quantity ?

G.Alexander
Absolutely!

Dosing is ZEObak: 40 ml, ZEOstart: 80 ml and Sponge Power: 24 ml day one. Followed by the standard 14 day method from there.

I have about 1 liter of activated carbon in there and 2 liters of Zeovit in the Skimz automatic reactor.

So far, so good. I do have a BIT of green film algae build up on the glass, but not the rockwork. Any thoughts on why it's only growing on the glass?

Also, why don't we use a refugium with ZeoVit? I feel like it would help my current algae situation.

lastly, do you add your ZeoBak to the reactor, or just the tank?

Thanks so much!
Old 11-08-2019, 11:09 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

I will talk about my opinion. Basically, due to the relatively high nutrient content of the system [with "pooling reserve"], I can't say where the green film grows. Use a magnet brush to clean it.

Basically, Zeo Foundation 4 is in a balanced way to effectively reduce nutrition. Refuge is basically not necessary.

At the beginning, the tank 14 days cycle, Zeo Bac to the tank can be. Avoid adding before the skimmer entrance
Old 11-08-2019, 11:28 PM
ZEOadmin

It is necessary to know the net water volume of the system. You have posted the same volume for the gross and the net water volume so I would think the total net water volume is ~ 150 US gallons (gross water volume ./. rocks / sand etc.) ?

You can dose ZeoBac in front of the ZeoVit reactor pump but as Jacky said make sure to dose it behind the skimmer otherwise it will get skimmed out to quick.

Some kind of a green film on the glass is normal at this stage, also later if the system runs nutrient poor stabile. Often it is a mixture of algae and bacteria. The glass needs to be cleaned regular to keep it perfect clean.

G.Alexander
Old 11-09-2019, 09:00 PM
Wunderpus Wunderpus 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
It is necessary to know the net water volume of the system. You have posted the same volume for the gross and the net water volume so I would think the total net water volume is ~ 150 US gallons (gross water volume ./. rocks / sand etc.) ?

You can dose ZeoBac in front of the ZeoVit reactor pump but as Jacky said make sure to dose it behind the skimmer otherwise it will get skimmed out to quick.

Some kind of a green film on the glass is normal at this stage, also later if the system runs nutrient poor stabile. Often it is a mixture of algae and bacteria. The glass needs to be cleaned regular to keep it perfect clean.

G.Alexander
That sounds about right, I’d assume 150 gallons. Right now I’m dosing 6 drops zeobak daily, .8 zeo start 2x daily, 12 drops sponge power daily until day 14.... I took the advise from a post you made on another thread, and adjusted the amounts.

The algae and cloudiness is worse today, any thoughts? The skimmer is skimming nice and wet, dosing all supplements as needed. I’m wondering if I added too many fish, too soon? If so, should I increase the doses a bit to accommodate for the higher bio load?

Thanks so much!
Old 11-10-2019, 12:16 AM
ZEOadmin

would recommend you to continue as follows:

Use 1.4 liters ZeoVit with a constant water flow of ~ 150 US gallons per hour through the reactor, replace 90% of the material every 6 weeks.
Run 0.6 liters activated carbon in a mash bag passively flown in the sump, repalce it every 4 weeks.
Dose 6 drops ZeoBac daily for 10 days after each ZeoVit exchange, otherwise 5 drops 2 – 3 x weekly.
Dose 0.6 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily (0.6 ml in the morning and 0.6 ml in the evening).
Dose 6 drops SpongePower every other day.

Just remove some carbon and some ZeoVit and adjust the reactor flow to 150 US gallons per hour.

G.Alexander
Old 11-10-2019, 01:20 AM
Wunderpus Wunderpus 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
would recommend you to continue as follows:

Use 1.4 liters ZeoVit with a constant water flow of ~ 150 US gallons per hour through the reactor, replace 90% of the material every 6 weeks.
Run 0.6 liters activated carbon in a mash bag passively flown in the sump, repalce it every 4 weeks.
Dose 6 drops ZeoBac daily for 10 days after each ZeoVit exchange, otherwise 5 drops 2 3 x weekly.
Dose 0.6 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily (0.6 ml in the morning and 0.6 ml in the evening).
Dose 6 drops SpongePower every other day.

Just remove some carbon and some ZeoVit and adjust the reactor flow to 150 US gallons per hour.

G.Alexander
Thanks so much!
Old 11-11-2019, 10:24 AM
Wunderpus Wunderpus 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

So far, I still have a fair bit of film algae on the glass and a bit of cloudiness in the tank... Any thoughts? I could do a water change, however I worry that will - in a sense- reset the whole process?

ZeoVit is still very new to me, so all of your help is truly appreciated.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:35 AM
ZEOadmin

The transparent or green film is some kind of normal while this stage, the tank does still build up its biology, this should get weaker over the time.

The light cloudiness should also get better over the time, water should get crystal clear. You can try to add a filter bag to your sump to see of the cloudiness is caused by sediments but try to clean it regular every other day. If sediments are the reason it should disappear within a day.

G.Alexander
Old 11-12-2019, 09:31 AM
Wunderpus Wunderpus 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
The transparent or green film is some kind of normal while this stage, the tank does still build up its biology, this should get weaker over the time.

The light cloudiness should also get better over the time, water should get crystal clear. You can try to add a filter bag to your sump to see of the cloudiness is caused by sediments but try to clean it regular every other day. If sediments are the reason it should disappear within a day.

G.Alexander
The filter sock didn't do anything, so I think it's a bacterial bloom causing the cloudiness? Everything in the tank looks healthy, so I'm not THAT worried about it.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:46 AM
ZEOadmin

Lets see if it does disappear over the next couple of weeks, if not you can temporary run a UV filter.

G.Alexander
Old 11-13-2019, 09:33 AM
Wunderpus Wunderpus 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Lets see if it does disappear over the next couple of weeks, if not you can temporary run a UV filter.

G.Alexander
It looks MUCH better now... So, I would say we're heading in the right direction. I installed the auto water change on the system yesterday, and I'll be doing 10% a week from here on out. Should make a difference.