zeovit.com EcoTech Marine LLC  

Go Back   zeovit.com > Picture Forums > Tank Gallery (All Languages)

Tank Gallery (All Languages) Please share your tank in general/building process etc.

Active Threads
0 Red Sea Reefer Peninsula 500
Last Post: RorsC
Posted On: Today
Replies: 16
Views: 789
0 AVVIO VASCA
Last Post: db151
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 1
Views: 47
0 WOW, 25% off THESE Protein Skimmers NOW
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 07-21-2019
Replies: 0
Views: 39
0 GIVEAWAY: American Marine Inc Pinpoint Salinity Monitor
Posted On: 07-20-2019
Replies: 0
Views: 102
0 80gallon Tank Build with Luke
Replies: 9
Views: 1,360
0 GIVEAWAY: IceCap Kalk Mixing Reactor
Replies: 1
Views: 204
0 High nitrates
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 26
Views: 749
0 Tank w.vreeswijk
Last Post: "Alex"
Posted On: 07-19-2019
Replies: 352
Views: 53,989
0 Zeo-Einsteiger hat Fragen
Last Post: "Alex"
Replies: 54
Views: 4,621
0 800 l reef change to zeo
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 19
Views: 1,304
More...
Old 04-28-2019, 10:23 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
If you do this, it is necessary to protect the aquarium from indirect lighting, wrapped in black foil to help keep it completely dark.

How big is this problem? Is the situation serious? Coral TN? Is it a brown mucus-like bacterium?

In my impression, before you describe the bottom of the coral TN, I don't know if this is related.

In addition, I think that phosphorus should avoid rising, which may be of concern.
No coral TN. BUT, the dino strings are irritating them and clinging to the corals, which causes some tissue damage. The last few days the dinos have been in abundance.

Worst case with a slow increase of phosphorus is browned out corals, and at this point I'd rather have no dinos and brown corals for a while until I figure out the cause.

I'll go slow, no point in panicking!
Old 04-28-2019, 12:41 PM
jacky jacky 目前線上
ZEOhead

I understand what you mean, it seems to be going to try, I also hope to get rid of them (the odious bacteria), just about the rise/fall of phosphate, as slow as possible.

This is a tricky/long process, and if possible, it may be slowly decremented in a 1/2 dose, stepwise manner, which may be more appropriate (maybe)

Brother, can you give me a request? I just want to see what the live rock looks like. If you are convenient/free, thank you (I am just curious, no other embarrassed)

Come on

Last edited by jacky; 04-28-2019 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-28-2019, 01:36 PM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Quote:
I understand what you mean, it seems to be going to try, I also hope to get rid of them (the odious bacteria), just about the rise/fall of phosphate, as slow as possible.

This is a tricky/long process, and if possible, it may be slowly decremented in a 1/2 dose, stepwise manner, which may be more appropriate (maybe)

Brother, can you give me a request? I just want to see what the live rock looks like. If you are convenient/free, thank you (I am just curious, no other embarrassed)

Come on

I took a Quick picture with flash, as lights have been off for 30-ish hours.

Minimal dinos present now, just a few strands left.

In the picture you can also see how some corals have burnt tips from the toxic Dinos sticking to them
Old 04-28-2019, 05:39 PM
jacky jacky 目前線上
ZEOhead

Thank you Blackizzz, I saw the picture.

During my tank, Dino, Acropora microclados has the same status/characteristics as in the picture (the only new growth is only a few short PEs), the only coral that is close to death, the other corals are healthy, I can't do anything (still stored in In the tank, but the state is getting worse with time, trying to change the water does not help, the data is stable), at first I think it is the change of phosphorus and the rust that is suspected of rust (because when I replace the lamp, the buckle The rust fragments fall into the water), and its characteristics appear to be loose in some parts of the tissue.

It is very strange that only Acropora microclados have such a situation, while other coral health

It is true that Dino has caused trouble to the coral. Maybe it may have been found that coral PE has become short. Only Acropora microclados can't restore health. This is my experience. I will post pictures when I have time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-04-29 07.01.06.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	22188  

Last edited by jacky; 04-28-2019 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-26-2019, 04:11 PM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Been super busy, but tank is looking a little better each day.

No sign of any dinos returning, but cyano has gotten a hold. Luckily the cyano is less troublesome than Dino, so Im happy

Unfortunately theres not as much PE as I usually experience, but I guess thatll return once things get back to normal!

As visible some tips are still healing, or at least trying to hehe. Parameters are rock solid and hopefully some more growth will follow!
Coloration has improved a lot since the Dinos disappeared.

No FTS just yet, Ive been to lazy to scrape the glass :P

Dosing Cyanoclean and A-balance for the cyano, combined with manual removal every now and then.

Havent begun dosing anything else again though.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:49 PM
jacky jacky 目前線上
ZEOhead

Great, it looks better, more PE=corals are more "comfortable"

cyano
Do more "siphon" on the sand,
Toothbrush, do the cleaning of the rock, let it "breathe"
CoralSnow+Bac mix (2:1), you can also try

Old 05-26-2019, 11:35 PM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Because of the reduced PE please make sure the potassium level is ~ 380 mg, doing two water changes each 10% within a week might also be helpful.

G.Alexander
Old 07-01-2019, 01:17 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Havent been home for a week, but when I left everything was looking pretty good!

Parameters are(were) on point, and corals are actually looking great.

Cyano is still present, but a minor issue.

Cant wait to see how it looks when I get back in a couple of days
Old 07-01-2019, 07:46 AM
jacky jacky 目前線上
ZEOhead

Very happy, you are back

Excuse me, the nutritional level seems to be slightly higher. Is there any special reason for this? Is this the way you use to fight Dino?

[Using different forms/types of algae and bacteria (strong), against/replace Dino], is that the case?

Thank you
Old 07-01-2019, 10:31 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Quote:
Very happy, you are back

Excuse me, the nutritional level seems to be slightly higher. Is there any special reason for this? Is this the way you use to fight Dino?

[Using different forms/types of algae and bacteria (strong), against/replace Dino], is that the case?

Thank you

Hi Jacky, glad to be back as well

Elevated nutrient levels are definitely due to the fight against Dinos, since the coloration and growth is pretty good at the moment, Im hesitant to pull them back near zero just yet. I feed more heavily than before, and both fish and corals seem to really enjoy it.

Since the reactor and UVC are both turned off, and the Dinos still are gone Im pretty happy with how it is. Well see when/if I start the reactor again on this tank. Itll definitely be when I have more time with the tank in that case though.

Working on a new little project that I hope to be able to share pretty soon as well
Old 07-01-2019, 10:57 AM
jacky jacky 目前線上
ZEOhead

Thank you for sharing, Dino can completely disappear, it is so good.

I don't have any practical experience, I don't know the exact cause of Dino.

But most users are no problem, I use Zeo basic products, Zeo's ZeoVit material, Zeo activated carbon, really no problem, and NP is unmeasurable

If you try to restore the reactor, it may be good to adjust in intervals, and the Zeo base product starts with a 1/2 dose, which may be good, during which time you will see if Dino is back again, and this nutrition will not Too fast

In addition to the old ZeoVit material, I don't know if it has been out of the original water for too long (this may be a problem), or it is still stored in the tank. I don't have much experience in this part. Maybe others can give better suggestions.

In addition, it may be good to change the water by extra, which balances/refresh the elements, which can also stimulate the growth of corals.
But be sure to make good Ro/di water

Above, if it is me, I might do this.

What is developing a new project, which makes me full of excitement
Old 07-02-2019, 12:00 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Quote:
Thank you for sharing, Dino can completely disappear, it is so good.

I don't have any practical experience, I don't know the exact cause of Dino.

But most users are no problem, I use Zeo basic products, Zeo's ZeoVit material, Zeo activated carbon, really no problem, and NP is unmeasurable

If you try to restore the reactor, it may be good to adjust in intervals, and the Zeo base product starts with a 1/2 dose, which may be good, during which time you will see if Dino is back again, and this nutrition will not Too fast

In addition to the old ZeoVit material, I don't know if it has been out of the original water for too long (this may be a problem), or it is still stored in the tank. I don't have much experience in this part. Maybe others can give better suggestions.

In addition, it may be good to change the water by extra, which balances/refresh the elements, which can also stimulate the growth of corals.
But be sure to make good Ro/di water

Above, if it is me, I might do this.

What is developing a new project, which makes me full of excitement

Dinos are one of the most common organisms in the World, and with the right environment they will thrive. Its disputed what those are, but generally an imbalance between N/P is blamed for its occurrence.

If/when I start zeo again, itll be using new fresh media and using the 3h on/off method to slowly get into the groove.

The new project will be sweet, but itll take a little time for it to be completed
Old 07-02-2019, 12:44 AM
jacky jacky 目前線上
ZEOhead

The so-called N/P imbalance is like the description of the following link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redfield_ratio

Then the tank system should have a balancing mechanism itself, perhaps adding some factors that lead to the destruction of the balance, so why some of the tanks have N/P imbalance without Dinos phenomenon, which makes me very confused

And some bad pipes have nothing to do with N/P.

There may still be many incentives, maybe
Old 07-05-2019, 12:52 PM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead

A current FTS. Terrible photo, so I apologize :P

Old 07-07-2019, 12:48 AM
jacky jacky 目前線上
ZEOhead

The photo is not terrible, the coral looks good, and most importantly, let it stabilize