zeovit.com Aquariumspeciality  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Transferring corals to ULNS
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 9
Views: 179
0 Austria Zeovit Reef 2.0
Last Post: Peter.
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 124
Views: 31,055
0 Tank w.vreeswijk
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 377
Views: 79,620
0 80gallon Tank Build with Luke
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 10-19-2019
Replies: 22
Views: 22,387
0 AEFW Acro Strudelwrmer bek鄝pfen
Last Post: "Alex"
Posted On: 10-19-2019
Replies: 19
Views: 427
0 New Guy Here.
Posted On: 10-18-2019
Replies: 18
Views: 533
0 Monthly Operating Costs?
Posted On: 10-18-2019
Replies: 12
Views: 233
0 GIVEAWAY: Bubble Magus Z Series Protein Skimmer
Posted On: 10-16-2019
Replies: 0
Views: 88
0 GIVEAWAY: Target Feeding Corals with Two Little Fishies Julian's Thing
Replies: 2
Views: 174
0 New exclusiv importer for US - Bulk Reef Supply Inc
Last Post: Bugger
Replies: 1
Views: 138
More...

Old 09-30-2019, 10:13 AM
Bharatbedi Bharatbedi 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Default Converting to Zeovit, did some mistakes...

Greetings, please find details of my system below, will. appreciate to get your expert advice, since I was not aware of this forum before starting (4days ago) and I dosed the suppliments wrongly (((((

1. Total water volume of the entire system (including oil sump, etc.) - US gallons / imperial gallons / liters
230US gallons

2. Water purification (including oil sump, etc.) - US gallons / imperial gallons / liters
Approximately 190 US Gallons excluding aquascape etc, Using 0TDS RODI

3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technology? NO Calcium Reactor, currently dosing 2 parts with Pacific sun doser

4. You are using the PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) Yes, Was using ROWA reactor for PO4 until 4 days ago, which was removed

5. Are you using ozone? NO

6. Are you using ultraviolet LIGHT? NO

7. What skimmers do you use (model, rated water) Aquamaxx ConeS CO3 / Rated from 180 upto 290 Gallons tank with heavy load

8. What is your actual PO4 and NO3 level?
PO4 0.00 Hanna
NO3 Between 1 to 2 ppm Salifart

9. What is your actual Ca, Alk and Mg content?
Ca 430ppm Salifart
Kh 7.94 Hanna
Mg 1290 Salifart

10. What filtering method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) Pacific Sun Pro Alge Reactor.

11. Type of lamp (watt, color temperature, how big, etc.)
3 X Ecotech Radion XR30 G4

What coral do you keep? Mixed Reef

13. Organize the color (light or dark) dark

14. How long has the tank been running? Around 8 months

15. Why use the ZEOvit system? For better colouration of SPS

16. Any supplemental dose (type, quantity, cause, etc.)
General feeding with reefroids, polyp booster before starting Zeovit

17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) approx 80kg around 8 months old, started with dry rocks

18. Any existing issues. I had an existing issue of dinoflagellates (mid level issue) before starting Zeovit 4 days ago, which is getting worse now (now I have too much dinoflagellates) , may be it has evevated because of my wrong dosing of Zeofood which I shouldn't have done?

19. Description of the problem (organizational loss tips, tissue loss basis, algae, algae, etc.) dinoflagellates

20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) Salifart and Hanna

21. Current dose, quantity and interval (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.) Please help me with the mistake I did while converting my system to Zeovit 4 days ago.
Day 1 I added 2lt of Zeovit Media in my Automatic zeovit filter, added 250gm of Zeo carbon, dosed 8 Drops of Zeoback and now with my misunderstanding i dosed 48 Drops of Zeofood, 8 Drops of Sponge Power and 2 drops of amino acid,
Day 2 48 Drops of Zeofood
Day 3 48 Drops of Zeofood + 8 Drops of Sponge Power
Day 4 (yesterday) I was adviced by somone that I completely messed it up... And told me about this forum which I joined immidiately, please help since I have following Concerns
1. Shall I do 20 /30 % water change and restart again?
2. Should I use new zeovit media
3. Any other expert advice
Please help

22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temperature, etc.) 35ppm, 23.8 degrees

23. Which salt brand do you use? Red Sea blue bucket

Thanks and regards

Bharat Bedi
Old 09-30-2019, 01:08 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

I don't think I have to worry about it, as long as there are no such symptoms, annoying algae, cyano, black, brown film, then it should not be a problem. The skimmer can be adjusted to wet. And the reactor flow adjustment after the time lapse system conversion.

18. Any existing issues. Before I started using Zeovit 4 days ago, I had a problem with flagella flagellation (intermediate problem), and now the situation is getting worse and worse (now my flagella flagella is too much), Probably because of my mismatch in Zeofood's dispensing, but shouldn't I do this?
( Is it Dino? If I understand your question
No, I don’t think so)

8. What is your actual PO4 and NO3 level?
PO4 0.00 Hannah
13. Organized color (light or dark) dark
(Normally the PO4 level is stable at 0, and the coral tissue is usually white, which is where I find it more confusing)

1. Should I change the water by 20/30% and restart? (I think this is not necessary)
2. I should use the new Zeovit media
(I don't think it's necessary, usually the ZeoVit material remains in the first 4 weeks, this is the first replacement)
3. Any other expert advice
(Listen to the advice of G.Alexander and others)

4. You are using the PO4 reactor (how long, how long, etc.), yes, the ROBA reactor was not used to process PO4 until 4 days ago, it has been deleted
(You are doing very well, rowa is not easy to control, and the Zeo system does not recommend additional handling of PO4 usage),(It is usually recommended to remove1/3 ~ 1/2,and within 6-8 weeks over time, reduce to complete removal. This will not reduce nutrition too fast)

System conversion keeps the way Zeo's basic products are added, PO4 should not rise, and in addition, no additional nutrient supplements are usually needed in this process.

Last edited by jacky; 09-30-2019 at 01:24 PM.
Old 09-30-2019, 01:53 PM
ZEOhead in Training

Thanks for your response, I shall await instructions from Mr. Alaxender. Will appreciate if I can have a dosage schedule as per my tank volume and which all products I should start right now and which ones I should avoid.

Is it possible to get a dosing schedule?

I think I have dinoflagillates I will resize the images and share some pics of the issue

Thank you so much
Old 09-30-2019, 10:14 PM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Hi Bharat

I would recommend you to continue as follows:

1. Run 1.7 liter zeovit in a Zeo Reactor. Water flow around 185 US gallons per hour. Connect the reactor pump to a clock timer and run the reactor pump with a 3 hour on / 3 hour off / 3 hour on interval. Please make sure the zeolite is not exposed to air while the pump is switched off. Clean the material daily. Leave the zeolite 4 weeks in the filter until you do the first change out. This is the first changing interval, others could be lengthen to 6 – 8 weeks.

2. Use 0.7 liters activated carbon in a filter sock and keep it in a passive water flow in your sump, changed every 30 days. Knead the carbon daily to keep the surface clean. Most users get perfect results with korallenzucht carbon.

3. Dose 7 drops ZeoBac daily for the first 2 weeks, flowed by a 2 – 3 x weekly dosage of 7 drops. Dose 0.7 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily (morning & evening). Dose those in front of the Zeo reactor pump while it is switched on. As you already owen SpongePower you can additional dose 7 drops every other day.

Later on you could use the additional products for coral coloration including ZeoFood and AminoAcids. Adjust your skimmer to skim wet, keeping it clean to export as much as possible. Do a weekly water change of 5 – 10 % with a good salt.

With the system it is not recommended to use a PO4 absorber so removing it was basically correct but it is better to remove it slowly step by step over a 4 week period to prevent a increase of nutrients while the transfer as it takes some time before ZeoVit is processing PO4. If the level does not increase in the next couple of days I recommend to not add the absorber again, if the level does increase add 50% of the quantity again which you have used before. Than start to remove it slowly step by step over the next 4 – 6 weeks again.

Basic water parameters looking good, try to keep them as stabile as possible close the NSW in the following ranges:

KH 6.5 – 7.5
Ca 400 – 420 mg
Mg 1250 – 1300 mg
K+ ~ 380 mg

For a nutrient poor environment K+ (potassium) seems to be a important element. I would recommend you to get a test kit for this element also, posting your results.

This is a start-up dosage which might have to be adjusted later.

G.Alexander
Old 09-30-2019, 10:19 PM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

If the Dinoflaggelate do not get reduced over the next 1 – 2 weeks some additional treatment is necessary. They are not easy to treat but many had success by darken the tank for 3 days completely to get rid of them.

Please also check your equipment if there are any kind of materials like soft plastic or hoses which is not PVC or silicone except pumps etc.

G.Alexander
Old 10-01-2019, 12:03 AM
ZEOhead in Training

Dear G. Alexander,

Thanks a lot for your advice really appreciate.

So for the next 14 days I have to dose nothing but

7bdrops of Zeoback daily
1.4ml.of Zeostart in 2 doses of 7ml each
7 drops of sponge power every next day
And K Balance / Potassium after I test my water

Am I correct?

Also regarding dinoflagillates, I will blackout my tank for 3 days and hopefully it will work for me

Again thank you for your advice

Regards

Bharat Bedi
Old 10-01-2019, 07:19 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Zeo Start 0.7ml x2 Every morning and night, a total of 1.4ml a day

The dosing plan is correct, it will be performed for 2 weeks without stopping the drug for 3 days. If the potassium level is low, “slow” is raised to K+~380 mg, and should not be too fast.

Post some clear pictures in the sump, maybe we can find some clues.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:19 AM
ZEOhead in Training

Thank you, can you please clarify, since you mentioned "without stopping the drug for 3days" what does that mean?

I have just test my potassium with salifart test kits, it's 390

I will share some pictures with you in the thread.

Regards

Bharat
T
Old 10-01-2019, 09:54 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Sorry, I understand what it means. You are doing very well, try turning off the light source for 3 days, hoping to get rid of them and keep my fingers crossed

Sorry, my English is always bad.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:50 PM
ZEOhead in Training

You guys are awesome, thank you G. Alexander and Jacky, will keep you posted on the progress.

Thank you
Old 10-07-2019, 03:14 PM
ZEOhead in Training

Hello,

So far, my progress

Started Zeovit 4th September 2019

Dose I am following from 4th September until 18 September 2019

7 drops of Zeoback every day
1.4ml of Zeostart in 2 doses of 0.7ml each morning and evening
7 drops of sponge power every alternate day
Automatic Zeovit filter/reactor programmed to run after every 60 minutes

I did 3 days blackout (radion g4 switched off) to try and kill dinoflagillates but unfortunately it did not worked out for me, they have started to comeback again ������

Please advice on following

1. Should i keep my alge reactor switched on so that agle can beat dinoflagillates?
2. Should I start to feed heavy to fishes, will it help to kill dinoflagillates ?
3. Any specifc programs I should follow on radion G4 to beat and get rid of dinoflagillates?

Please help, please

Regards

Bharat Bedi
Old 10-07-2019, 03:23 PM
Bugger Bugger 目前離線
ZEOdabbler

When was he blackout and for how many days?
Can you see them growing back or are they dead and just remain in the tank
Often they do return and a second even third and forth black out is needed.

I don't know if you can get vibrant in Dubai. It helps with killing it off. If you do get some take the algae filter off line.

Really those are your two best options for dinos
Old 10-07-2019, 08:01 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Try to answer you
1. Algae reactor, sorry I have no experience. It should not be effective against Dino (if using algae reactors, it won't be a tricky issue for everyone)

2. I think this is not a once-and-for-all solution. Maybe the rise of nutrient salt only makes the Dino situation look less obvious. Maybe change this "type" to replace another "type" (strongly replace the weak)

3. I don't have any experience with the spectrum of G4 lighting. If I use "light/spectrum", I think the UV lamp may be stronger than the G4 spectrum.

Some of my thoughts above, I can't say that I am right.

You can post some pictures of Sump, which may be good (possibility of materials such as soft plastic or hose)
Old 10-08-2019, 12:37 AM
ZEOhead in Training

Please check the link below for my sump picture

https://ibb.co/xgWZXZ9
Old 10-08-2019, 01:22 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

What kind of material are these hoses at the arrow? (Perhaps it is good to try to select the "silicone" hose)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-10-08 14.19.05.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	22384