zeovit.com Aquariumspeciality  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Transferring corals to ULNS
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 9
Views: 178
0 Austria Zeovit Reef 2.0
Last Post: Peter.
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 124
Views: 31,038
0 Tank w.vreeswijk
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 377
Views: 79,603
0 80gallon Tank Build with Luke
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 10-19-2019
Replies: 22
Views: 22,369
0 AEFW Acro Strudelwrmer bek鄝pfen
Last Post: "Alex"
Posted On: 10-19-2019
Replies: 19
Views: 427
0 New Guy Here.
Posted On: 10-18-2019
Replies: 18
Views: 528
0 Monthly Operating Costs?
Posted On: 10-18-2019
Replies: 12
Views: 232
0 GIVEAWAY: Bubble Magus Z Series Protein Skimmer
Posted On: 10-16-2019
Replies: 0
Views: 88
0 GIVEAWAY: Target Feeding Corals with Two Little Fishies Julian's Thing
Replies: 2
Views: 174
0 New exclusiv importer for US - Bulk Reef Supply Inc
Last Post: Bugger
Replies: 1
Views: 138
More...

Old 09-20-2019, 11:32 PM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Can you please post a picture of your sump and a full tank shot ? Often some kind of materials does leach substances which can improve cyanos.. Maybe we can see something on the pictures.

Also does your 4 stage RO unit has a purest water resin as the last stage ? How old is the resin ?

Please also tell us which kind of salt you use.

G.Alexander
Old 09-21-2019, 06:10 AM
preecy preecy 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Pictures below. They were took using an iphone so not great quality.

My sump contains the following:

- Deltec Skimmer
- 2 x Ehiem 300w heaters
- CT Zeovit Reactor with Zeolite media + pump
- 4000lph return pump
- filter floss
- bag of active carbon

I'm dosing Red Sea Alk, Mag and Calc buffer using my automatic doser and manually dosing the KZ products. I've 4 stage RODI unit with an inline tds meter. This is showing 0tds.

https://i.ibb.co/MN1H3w0/IMG-0282.jpg

Old 09-21-2019, 06:14 AM
preecy preecy 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I siphoned the Cyano out two days ago, its just starting to reappear now.
Old 09-21-2019, 08:12 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

It seems that there is nothing wrong (sorry, my ability is not very good). It may be good to get some functional animals, change the filter more frequently, and use the old water and toothbrush to clean the rock. CoralSnow+Bac.

What is the sand like? (dry sand, wet sand?)
Old 09-21-2019, 10:53 PM
ZEOadmin

Thank you for the pictures, but I can also not see anything problematic. In the picture of your sump there is something on the left side which looks like filter cotton, are you able to remove it for some time ?

If I go back to your first posts it looks like you had cyano issues since a long time also before starting with ZeoVit, can it have something to do with the lighting spectrum ? I am not familiar with LED but it could be a reason also.

G.Alexander
Old 09-22-2019, 12:43 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

From the signs of appearance in Skimmer's collection cup, tank seems to have a nutritional accumulation. Adhere to the basic principles of Zeo and temporarily stop any other nutrient additions for a while. If everything is fine, the coral tissue should be lighter, not darker. Keep changing water every week and clean the affected area as much as possible. Led I have no good experience, maybe reducing the red green channel, it may be good. A more balanced spectrum seems to bring better benefits to the malnourished environment and the color of the coral.

Clean the collection cup as much as possible and output as much dirt as possible.

If you can, ZeoCoralSnow+Zeo Bac (2:1 dose), should also have positive help for things.

Get some functional animals, this should be good

In terms of personal taste, if the space permits, add some white T5 tubes with old Led lamps, which may be good. Balance the spectrum with the Zeo base product and output as much as possible, and then stick to it for a while to see if things are better. If they are persistent and do not effectively slow down the situation, they may be caused by "extra" reasons.

Last edited by jacky; 09-22-2019 at 01:08 AM.
Old 09-22-2019, 01:13 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

The promotion of huge elements, what products do you use?
(Sorry, you answered me at #32)
Old 09-28-2019, 07:50 AM
preecy preecy 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I think i may be dealing with dinoflagellates rather than cyano!
Old 09-28-2019, 08:55 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Is there a clearer picture about it? Do you have a microscope to confirm that it is Dinos?
Old 09-29-2019, 02:51 AM
preecy preecy 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I don't have a microscope but I've done the paper towel test/method, mentioned here: (https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/he....216508/page-2). The results suggests it is dinoflagellates.

My po4 and no3 has been 0 for 3 weeks now and the dinos are coming back stronger. I have been siphoning them out twice a week, while performing 10% water changes, but they return after a day or two. They start off a brown colour (look a little like diatoms but become thicker and if left for 4+ days start to turn green in colour.

I've stopped the water changes. Here is picture from this morning. It's been 5 days since i did a water change or siphoned the sandbed.

The colours in my corals are slowly returning but they still have very little polyp extension and look stressed.

I am thinking of using Fauna Marin Dino X but open to other suggestions.
Old 09-29-2019, 04:06 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Some of my guesses and ideas

Maybe it's a problem with Ro/di. If you want, try using the Zeo brand resin as the last channel (at least the reason for excluding this raw water), it is highly recommended that you do this.

The picture is too blue, I can't see the appearance of Dinos

I don't know if Dino will also have a green look, but it's usually brown as you said.

This green look, I will direct it to "nutrition", or some "material". (maybe, my opinion)
Or the addition of other strains (I have seen the tank look red, it is also because of the difference in bacteria added)

If it is me, I will do this, replace the Zeo brand resin, replace the water with a good brand of salt mixture, and see if things are going in the right direction. Also check or replace the correct item, for example: filter cotton. And think about sand. It was originally dry sand or wet sand. Or check equipment, etc., whether there are signs of green due to rust, such as: machines that make waves.

If the situation is really bad, I might consider vacuuming the sand to remove the tank in batches.

At the same time, I will use ZeoCoralSnow+Bac every day.

In addition to Zeo Bac, have you added other strains?

What salt mixture brand?

I don't have a good idea in the spectral part. If the spectral bias should not cause such a phenomenon, maybe it is. However, trying to reduce the red green channel should be good.
Old 09-29-2019, 05:06 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

1. Reduce the reactor flow to 200 liters per hour due to pressure on the coral until TN stops
2. Some bad activated carbon erodes coral tissue and replaces Zeo brand activated carbon
3. It is strongly recommended to use Zeo brand resin as the last channel of the filter.
4. Vacuuming sand (removed) in batches, and siphoning them more

Since tank is a system conversion, this may take some time. I don't know if the sand was originally dry sand or wet sand, or the relationship of the original system (there was a problem with it), let the balance show the problem. It seems that sand is a problem, and the glass does not seem to be very serious, and the sump does not seem to be affected (I don't know if it is because there is no light)

The black board showing the overflow in the system, and the piping of the water outlet, seems to be good

In the absence of any other pharmaceutical additions, only the Zeo base product is used, which is in contrast to the appearance of the skimmer reaction. It seems unusual

Take out the sand in batches to see if things are getting better,(I will try to see)

Last edited by jacky; 09-29-2019 at 05:17 AM.
Old 09-29-2019, 08:35 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

5 channels of automatic dosing equipment, what are they? In addition to the Zeo brand, what are the other additives? Can you give an example? For example: lamps, accompanying rings, salt mixtures (mineral salts?), sand, etc.

In addition, do you have your own ideas about the current situation?
Old 09-29-2019, 10:36 PM
ZEOadmin

Many had success to get rid of Dinoflaggelate if they darken the tank completely for 3 days. If you give it a try make sure that there is no light coming from the room to the tank so it might be necessary to wrap the tank with black foil. In addition you can dose 2 – 3 ml CoralSnow / 25 US gallons once daily.

G.Alexander
Old 10-07-2019, 07:50 AM
preecy preecy 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Thought i would give a quick update.

It looks like I had Dinoflaggelates after all. I dosed Fauna Marin Dino-X for 6 days and it has completely cleared up. Dino-x is very effective! It cleared the algae after just two doses but i've dosed a few more times to be safe. My sand bed and rocks are now complete clear. I've also started dosing KZ Coral Snow and iodine as my last ICP test showed my iodine levels were very low.

I still have an unopened bottle of KZ ZeoFood. Should i be using this yet?

My KZ dosing regime is as follows:

- 0.3ml of ZeoStart twice per day
- 3 drops of ZeoBak twice a week
- 3ml of Coral Snow twice a week