zeovit.com Aquariumspeciality  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Transferring corals to ULNS
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 15
Views: 3,830
0 Veterans Day Sale - 15% OFF Storewide
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Today
Replies: 0
Views: 12
0 New Guy Here.
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 37
Views: 4,886
0 New Waterbox 190.5
Last Post: Wunderpus
Posted On: Today
Replies: 8
Views: 245
0 Curious about all zeovit tank T5 combination
Last Post: abhishek@1985
Posted On: Today
Replies: 2
Views: 124
4 Featured Tank . Pawel Szember (paszembe) - Poland
Last Post: paszembe
Posted On: Today
Replies: 12
Views: 4,463
0 High Nutrient normal???
Last Post: Bugger
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 5
Views: 175
0 Finally ready to start Zeovit
Last Post: ACE17
Posted On: 11-09-2019
Replies: 50
Views: 13,004
0 80gallon Tank Build with Luke
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 11-09-2019
Replies: 25
Views: 28,920
0 Red Slime
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 11-08-2019
Replies: 10
Views: 378
More...
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 10-18-2019, 12:33 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 2,174
Default

okay, no problem. Zeo SpongePower has a positive effect on biology. Zeo SP 5 drops every other day.

What is the current level of N and P?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-18-2019, 01:14 PM
Mzurlo Mzurlo 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: California
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
okay, no problem. Zeo SpongePower has a positive effect on biology. Zeo SP 5 drops every other day.

What is the current level of N and P?
Phosphate is .28 ppm
Nitrate (I'll test tonight when i get home. i ran out of time last night and post when i have the number)


Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-18-2019, 10:25 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 2,174
Default

Thank you. Phosphate 0.28 ppm, I believe the nitrate should not be low. Keep planning going
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-19-2019, 12:07 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 35,980
Default

Hello Mark, this kind of film is common while the transfer if the system has elevated nutrient levels, there is not much you can do at the moment. SpongePower which Jacky has mention does have a positive effect to the biology so if you like to you can dose it additional. Lets continue as planned, about 2 weeks after the first ZeoVit exchange you can switch your reactor to continuous flow if all corals are doing fine, this might also have a positive effect to decrease nutrients slowy.

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-21-2019, 09:45 AM
Mzurlo Mzurlo 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: California
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Thank you. Phosphate 0.28 ppm, I believe the nitrate should not be low. Keep planning going

Thanks jacky very much for your help.

Mark
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-21-2019, 09:49 AM
Mzurlo Mzurlo 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: California
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Hello Mark, this kind of film is common while the transfer if the system has elevated nutrient levels, there is not much you can do at the moment. SpongePower which Jacky has mention does have a positive effect to the biology so if you like to you can dose it additional. Lets continue as planned, about 2 weeks after the first ZeoVit exchange you can switch your reactor to continuous flow if all corals are doing fine, this might also have a positive effect to decrease nutrients slowy.

G.Alexander

Thanks G.Alexander, for you help. I'll keep going I ordered SpongePower will be here this Wednesday i'll start dosing it then. So i just want to be clear. I'm going into my 3rd week now so now I only dose ZEObac 2 times a week with pumps 3 on, 3 off. right. until I have my first change of Zeovit then 2 weeks after that i can keep flow on 24/7. is this correct?

Thanks
Mark
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-21-2019, 10:31 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 2,174
Default

In the third week, Zeo Bac 5 drops, 2 or 3 times a week. The reactor is still kept at intervals.

Until you replace Zeovit for the first time (just some parts, not all)

By replacing ZeoVit material for the first time, Zeo Bac x10 days (5 drops per day), then about 2 weeks, if the coral is healthy, then the reactor is switched to continuous flow.

Low nutritional level, get potassium test pack, K+~380 mg
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-22-2019, 09:27 AM
Mzurlo Mzurlo 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: California
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
In the third week, Zeo Bac 5 drops, 2 or 3 times a week. The reactor is still kept at intervals.

Until you replace Zeovit for the first time (just some parts, not all)

By replacing ZeoVit material for the first time, Zeo Bac x10 days (5 drops per day), then about 2 weeks, if the coral is healthy, then the reactor is switched to continuous flow.

Low nutritional level, get potassium test pack, K+~380 mg

Thanks jacky

Here is my potassium level

Potassium 390
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-22-2019, 10:18 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 2,174
Default

Looks good
Another huge amount of elements
I also recommend you,
Kh 6.5~7.5
Ca400~420
Mg1250~1300

This is a system conversion, and the rapid reduction of nutrient levels is not a good thing. Let us complete this process. I believe that after the reactor is switched to continuous flow, the nutritional level will be improved.

If you like, you can also post a good picture of the main display system, which may be more "inspiration"
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-26-2019, 11:39 AM
Mzurlo Mzurlo 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: California
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Looks good
Another huge amount of elements
I also recommend you,
Kh 6.5~7.5
Ca400~420
Mg1250~1300

This is a system conversion, and the rapid reduction of nutrient levels is not a good thing. Let us complete this process. I believe that after the reactor is switched to continuous flow, the nutritional level will be improved.

If you like, you can also post a good picture of the main display system, which may be more "inspiration"
Here's my tank 100 gallon. total system vol is 140 with refugium and sump.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	reef tank.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	22793  

Last edited by Mzurlo; 10-26-2019 at 11:49 AM. Reason: picture change
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-26-2019, 11:55 AM
Mzurlo Mzurlo 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: California
Posts: 21
Default Coming up on my 4 week

coming up on my 4th week. Now when I change out my zeovit rocks, on Oct 1st. Do I change them all out and start with all new rocks? and does my dosing stay the same? my pump is on 3 hour intervals.


Right now I dose

ZeoBac 3 times a week
Zeo Start .5cc morning and evening
Zeo SpongePower Every other day.


Thanks
Mark
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-26-2019, 03:08 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 2,174
Default

Thank you, the picture shows very blue, maybe it may just be the display of the picture.

Replace ZeoVit material for the first time, retain old 10% ZeoVit, replace with new 90% ZeoVit material。 (Maybe, I am always wrong.)

After each change of ZeoVit material, Zeo Bac x10 days, no longer a single addition. After about 2 weeks, if the coral is healthy, switch continuous flow. Low nutrient levels, potassium to 380 mg.

Still keep Zeo Start 0.5ml x2 early/night, ZeoSpongePower 5 drops every other day.

If you prefer, we can also try to drop the Zeo Bac and Zeo Start pharmacy in front of the reactor inlet.

Adjust the Skimmer to wet and clean the collection cup as much as possible to make it more exportable
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-26-2019, 04:12 PM
Mzurlo Mzurlo 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: California
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Thank you, the picture shows very blue, maybe it may just be the display of the picture.

Replace ZeoVit material for the first time, retain old 10% ZeoVit, replace with new 90% ZeoVit material。 (Maybe, I am always wrong.)

After each change of ZeoVit material, Zeo Bac x10 days, no longer a single addition. After about 2 weeks, if the coral is healthy, switch continuous flow. Low nutrient levels, potassium to 380 mg.

Still keep Zeo Start 0.5ml x2 early/night, ZeoSpongePower 5 drops every other day.

If you prefer, we can also try to drop the Zeo Bac and Zeo Start pharmacy in front of the reactor inlet.

Adjust the Skimmer to wet and clean the collection cup as much as possible to make it more exportable
jacky

what do you mean by this (After each change of ZeoVit material, Zeo Bac x10 days, no longer a single addition.) ? so after I replace 90% of the Zeovit I dose ZeoBac for 10 straight days in a row? what do you mean (No longer a single addition)? I'll take a new picture with only the whit lights on after work today.

Thanks for your help.

Mark
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-26-2019, 10:11 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 2,174
Default

Sorry, my explanation is always not good enough.

After each ZeoVit material replacement,
Zeo Bac x10 days, (Zeo Bac 5 drops per day, 10 days)

When performing this 10-day Zeo Bac plan, it does not overlap with the Zeo Bac plan of 2~3 times per week.

For example:
Zeo Bac 5 drops per week, 2 to 3 times plan, (Monday, Wednesday, Friday).
We only need Zeo Bac 5 drops x 10 days. This won't turn into a 10-drop Zeo Bac on Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

Do you know if this explanation is clear?

As for whether to replace the new 90%, keep the old 10%. I forgot, not very sure



Red: ZeoBac5 drops x10 days after each change of ZeoBac material
Yellow: Weekly Zeo Bac5 drops, Monday, Wednesday, Friday

Perform Zeo Bac x10 days (red) after each ZeoVit material change
No need to perform weekly Zeo Bac 2~3 times (yellow)

If the two together, then Monday, Wednesday, Friday, it will become 10 drops of Zeo Bac, this is not right. Only need to execute a 10-day plan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-10-27 10.15.23.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	22794  

Last edited by jacky; 10-26-2019 at 10:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-27-2019, 08:11 AM
Mzurlo Mzurlo 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: California
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Sorry, my explanation is always not good enough.

After each ZeoVit material replacement,
Zeo Bac x10 days, (Zeo Bac 5 drops per day, 10 days)

When performing this 10-day Zeo Bac plan, it does not overlap with the Zeo Bac plan of 2~3 times per week.

For example:
Zeo Bac 5 drops per week, 2 to 3 times plan, (Monday, Wednesday, Friday).
We only need Zeo Bac 5 drops x 10 days. This won't turn into a 10-drop Zeo Bac on Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

Do you know if this explanation is clear?

As for whether to replace the new 90%, keep the old 10%. I forgot, not very sure



Red: ZeoBac5 drops x10 days after each change of ZeoBac material
Yellow: Weekly Zeo Bac5 drops, Monday, Wednesday, Friday

Perform Zeo Bac x10 days (red) after each ZeoVit material change
No need to perform weekly Zeo Bac 2~3 times (yellow)

If the two together, then Monday, Wednesday, Friday, it will become 10 drops of Zeo Bac, this is not right. Only need to execute a 10-day plan

Got it, thanks so much. I really appreciate it.

Mark
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 38 (0 members and 38 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.7, Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright by ZeoVit.com