zeovit.com EcoTech Marine LLC  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 wie hoch muss NO3 und PO4 mindestens sein
Last Post: Anf鄚ger
Posted On: Today
Replies: 30
Views: 6,499
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 405
Views: 54,910
0 New System
Replies: 104
Views: 13,298
0 15% OFF SICCE Pumps - ENDS SOON
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 35
0 GIVEAWAY: Fish Aid Antibiotics
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 1
Views: 118
0 Zeospur
Last Post: cflow
Posted On: 09-17-2019
Replies: 29
Views: 6,315
7 120G New Sytem : 10 month
Posted On: 09-17-2019
Replies: 40
Views: 3,283
0 KH
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: 09-16-2019
Replies: 13
Views: 299
0 Start Zeovit system
Posted On: 09-16-2019
Replies: 18
Views: 1,380
0 Rods T-shirt Instagram Giveaway!
Posted On: 09-15-2019
Replies: 0
Views: 127
More...

Old 08-27-2019, 11:21 AM
preecy preecy 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Ok thanks i will try purchase a photometer. Here in the UK the Hanna checker appears to be the common photometers.

So do you think my PO4 levels are still too high?
Old 08-27-2019, 07:02 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

The sps coral reef has strict water quality requirements and requires sophisticated equipment to make precise judgments. "So do you think my PO4 level is still too high?", (so we need a higher level of measurement)
Old 08-28-2019, 02:21 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Quote:
Originally Posted by preecy View Post
So do you think my PO4 levels are still too high?
Difficult to say as I do not know how your corals doing or what their tissue color is but basically if you are able to measure PO4 with a hobby test kit the level might be elevated if the test kit is accurate. Would recommend to wait doing changes until you are sure after you have received the photometer.

G.Alexander
Old 08-31-2019, 10:11 AM
preecy preecy 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

My PO4 Hanna checker/photometer arrived this morning. I have checked and my PO is 0.21ppm. Should i increase my Zeostart dosage?

I have also test my Potassium and this is 390.

I'm still getting cyno or dinos on the sandbed and most of my sps are starting to lose tissue now.

I have also sent a water sample for ICP testing as something is clearly not right.
Old 08-31-2019, 12:46 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

First of all, do you use resin as the last channel to ensure good Ro/di water?

What is the current state of the ZeoVit reactor? (3hr on and off? Continuous flow?)

If the coral is currently under pressure tissue shortage, if the ZeoVit reactor is a continuous flow, it is good to reduce the reactor flow to 1/2 flow.

Has the first ZeoVit material been replaced?

What is the flow of the reactor?
Use a container with a container outlet flow of x30 seconds and a volume of x120 for hourly flow

What kind of activated carbon brand do you use?

It's hard to say, then maybe this may be the pressure from the extreme changes in PO4.

It is also very likely that the problem of Dino is causing the coral to be under pressure.

Keep basic additions
Zeo Bac 3 drops, 3 times a week
Zeo Start 0.3ml x2 per day
Zeo Sponge Power 3 drops every other day
Get Zeo CoralSnow products

Can you have more clear pictures about them?
Old 09-02-2019, 08:37 AM
preecy preecy 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Hi Jacky

Answers below:

First of all, do you use resin as the last channel to ensure good Ro/di water?

Yes i have a 4 stage RODI unit with an inline TDS meter. My RODI water is 0TDS.

What is the current state of the ZeoVit reactor? (3hr on and off? Continuous flow?)

It has been just over 3 weeks since i started using the Zeovit system. For the first 21 days my reactor was set to 3 hours on/off timer. In the last few days i have set the reactor to continuous flow. Should i switch it back to 3 hours on/off?

If the coral is currently under pressure tissue shortage, if the ZeoVit reactor is a continuous flow, it is good to reduce the reactor flow to 1/2 flow.

Reactor flow is 300-400lph. I can reduce this if needed.

Has the first ZeoVit material been replaced?
I am due to replace the Zeovit material at the end of this week (the 4 week mark). This will be my first change of zeovit material. I plan to change 90% of the zeovit media then

What is the flow of the reactor?
Use a container with a container outlet flow of x30 seconds and a volume of x120 for hourly flow.

What kind of activated carbon brand do you use?
I am using Red Sea Active Carbon.

It's hard to say, then maybe this may be the pressure from the extreme changes in PO4.
In the last few days i have increased the Zeostart from 2 x 0.3ml daily to 2 x 0.4ml daily. I have also turned the reactor onto continuous flow. I checked my PO4 level again this morning and its now down to 0.0ppm.

I will share some photos shortly.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:17 AM
preecy preecy 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

A few photos of the cyano and tissue loss

https://ibb.co/Z1CcTqz
https://ibb.co/Sn0LHLy
https://ibb.co/BfHkPsj
https://ibb.co/NxQFszL
Old 09-02-2019, 10:02 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Thank you. Some activated carbon does attack coral tissue, let us replace the Zeo brand of activated carbon, while vacuuming the affected area, and changing the water, a balanced way to refresh the elements.
“ Place 0.3 liters of activated carbon in a filter bag and place it in a passive stream of water in the oil sump, changing every 30 days. Rub the carbon every day to keep the surface clean. Most users get the perfect result with korallenzucht carbon.“
Try to do this, I hope this problem can be eliminated.

If you are willing to get CoralSnow, this may help

Continue to continue system conversion as planned, Also don't forget, every time ZeoVit material is replaced, Zeo Bac x10 days

Keep the basic recommended dose Zeo Start 0.3mlx2, Zoe Bac 3 drops 3 times a week, Zeo Sponge Power 3 drops every other day. The reactor flow is slowed down due to the pressure on the coral. It is usually 2 weeks after the first replacement of ZeoVit material, if the coral health is switched to continuous flow.

The rapid reduction of nutrients is not good, it is also a pressure on corals, so please be careful to let the corals adapt slowly, otherwise it may give back to the appearance of the coral

Are you still adding some other supplements?

Last edited by jacky; 09-02-2019 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-03-2019, 03:39 AM
ZEOadmin

Reactor flow is to high, should be ~ 300 liters per hour for 0.8 liters ZeoVit material. This in conjunction with switching to continuous flow might be the reason for the TN because of the quick PO4 reduction.

I would recommend to temporary reduce the reactor flow to 200 liters per hour until TN does stop, than you can slowly in two steps increase the flow to 300 liters per hour again.

G.Alexander
Old 09-03-2019, 11:23 AM
preecy preecy 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Thanks both, i have reduced the reactor flow to 200lph but still running continuously.
I have check my water parameters again this morning and everything, with exception to magnesium, is pretty much where it should be. NO3 and PO4 is 0.
I sent a water sample off for ICP testing so this should give me a better understanding what is wrong with my water parameters.
I've also siphoned the cyano out and performed a 10% water change.
I will order some KZ active carbon, sponge powder and coral snow.
Old 09-13-2019, 03:14 AM
preecy preecy 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quick update and my icp test results are finally back.

I've reduced my flow through my reactor and swap out the Zeolite media last week. I'm starting to see a little more colour and polp extension on my sps now. I think i converted to Zeovit too quickly and stressed my corals. I have also witnessed my Flame Angel has started nipping at corals, in particular my Pocillopora, so i think this fish has also caused some of the stress too. I will be looking to rehome the flame angel as soon as i can catch him.

Its took 2 weeks but my icp results are finally back from Marin Lab. Looks like i am a little low on magnesium, potassium and iodine. I can also see my Aluminium, Lithium and Boran levels are off. I will increase my daily Magnesium dosage. What is the best way to correct the other parameters?

Old 09-13-2019, 03:47 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

1. Maybe we can try, when the lights are completely turned off 1~2hr, turn on the lights again, this is a good time to catch fish.

2. Maybe we can try to change the water in a balanced way and refresh the elements. Potassium = Zeo KB or KB Strong, Iodine = Zeo PIF or Zeo Jod

Elemental ascension, slow speed, avoid sudden increase too much
Old 09-13-2019, 10:32 PM
ZEOadmin

I would recommend to slowly increase the level of Mg to ~ 1280 mg and K+ ~ 380 mg. Make sure to do this slow, especially for the K+

The other parameters are can be slowly ballanced by using a well balanced salt doing regular water changes, I would not supplement them seperate.

G.Alexander