zeovit.com Vertex  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
4 Featured Tank . Benyamin Givi (Mr.Happy) - Tehran - Iran
Last Post: ROBs Reef
Posted On: Today
Replies: 10
Views: 8,543
0 Suitable dosing container
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 1
Views: 32
0 Unable to reduce Nitrate
Last Post: Bugger
Replies: 23
Views: 536
0 Helping dosing zeo system.
Replies: 51
Views: 2,619
0 Considering a move to zeovit
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 23
Views: 499
0 Zeostart NO3 and low PO4
Last Post: blackizzz
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 3
Views: 154
0 Tank w.vreeswijk
Last Post: W.vreeswijk
Posted On: 03-21-2019
Replies: 314
Views: 45,754
0 Start with zeovit method (running tank)
Posted On: 03-21-2019
Replies: 86
Views: 5,212
0 Buy Genuine directly from Germany!
Last Post: sewatec
Posted On: 03-19-2019
Replies: 0
Views: 92
0 DIY Auto Zeovit Reactor
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 03-19-2019
Replies: 1
Views: 257
More...
Old 03-11-2019, 04:10 PM
ohashimz ohashimz ثeuW
ZEOhead

Default Mulm and zeolites

Hello all,
I recently have started a new system that's been running for 4 months.
I noticed that mulm production is much more than what am used to in the past. It creat a film that is like mud in the sump and on equipments.
Anyone experienced that?
How do you keep your sump clean against mulm and zeolite particles?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2019, 04:18 PM
JMac JMac ثeuW
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohashimz View Post
Hello all,
I recently have started a new system that's been running for 4 months.
I noticed that mulm production is much more than what am used to in the past. It creat a film that is like mud in the sump and on equipments.
Anyone experienced that?
How do you keep your sump clean against mulm and zeolite particles?

same with mine, I have to use a shopvac to clean it out every 2-3 months.
pain in the ass for sure
Old 03-11-2019, 04:20 PM
ohashimz ohashimz ثeuW
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMac View Post
same with mine, I have to use a shopvac to clean it out every 2-3 months.

pain in the ass for sure
I actually think its impacting the performance of the skimmer...
I need to clean weekly otherwise I will a mud layer...

Old 03-11-2019, 06:05 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

I think this should be a normal phenomenon. When I use Zeo Coral Snow and Zym, it will happen. I don't have any negative impact on corals. I can siphon them.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:19 PM
ohashimz ohashimz ثeuW
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
I think this should be a normal phenomenon. When I use Zeo Coral Snow and Zym, it will happen. I don't have any negative impact on corals. I can siphon them.
What do you mean when you use ca and zz it will happen?
Zz and BM suppose to help reduce the mulm.
Cs have nothing to do with the mulm it's too big to bound with CS...

Old 03-11-2019, 07:05 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

They are all "purified water quality", different forms of action, organic impurities and mud after purification, "products after purification reaction" are also full of nitrifying bacteria, but this mud is not really needed, this mud is also relatively "organic substance". Even if it exists in the tank, it will not cause coral damage. The main display system also has this "mud". The sump is settled by circulation, just siphoning them.

“Zz and BM hypothesis helps to reduce stalks”, to achieve purification of water quality, then where is the “stalk” reaction after action? Sump sedimentation and Skimmer collection cups should increase the efficiency of skimmer work, rather than reduce skimmer efficiency.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:19 PM
ohashimz ohashimz ثeuW
ZEOhead

Quote:
They are all "purified water quality", different forms of action, organic impurities and mud after purification, "products after purification reaction" are also full of nitrifying bacteria, but this mud is not really needed, this mud is also relatively "organic substance". Even if it exists in the tank, it will not cause coral damage. The main display system also has this "mud". The sump is settled by circulation, just siphoning them.

Zz and BM hypothesis helps to reduce stalks, to achieve purification of water quality, then where is the stalk reaction after action? Sump sedimentation and Skimmer collection cups should increase the efficiency of skimmer work, rather than reduce skimmer efficiency.
You are missing my point.
1- I did not mean zz reduce skimmer performance. I meant the mulm does. Mulm particles do reduce the skimmer performance cause it reduce the foaming in the skimmer and cause the bubbles to pop early. Similar to any oil based product that makes it to the water
2- zz suppose to further break down the mulm so it make it easier for the skimmer yo pick it up that's why its advertised that it improve skimmer performance.
3- I am asking if you guys have noticed more mulm compared to saybabyear ago because I am suspecting that the new zeolite rocks quality have changed a bit and its breaking down more when its shaken in the reactor.

Old 03-11-2019, 08:46 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Quote:
You are missing my point.
1- I did not mean zz reduce skimmer performance. I meant the mulm does. Mulm particles do reduce the skimmer performance cause it reduce the foaming in the skimmer and cause the bubbles to pop early. Similar to any oil based product that makes it to the water
2- zz suppose to further break down the mulm so it make it easier for the skimmer yo pick it up that's why its advertised that it improve skimmer performance.
3- I am asking if you guys have noticed more mulm compared to saybabyear ago because I am suspecting that the new zeolite rocks quality have changed a bit and its breaking down more when its shaken in the reactor.

I always explain badly, 1 and 2 are also my meaning, and your interpretation is also my understanding. Saybabyear I don't quite understand the meaning of this word. It is true that the quality of the new ZeoVit material is different. This can be observed from potassium. Then, I think the "flow rate" is the key to the whole application.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:11 PM
ohashimz ohashimz ثeuW
ZEOhead

Quote:
I always explain badly, 1 and 2 are also my meaning, and your interpretation is also my understanding. Saybabyear I don't quite understand the meaning of this word. It is true that the quality of the new ZeoVit material is different. This can be observed from potassium. Then, I think the "flow rate" is the key to the whole application.
You doing great and very nice do not worry.
Saybabyear was typo autocorrect ha ha. I meant to say "say a year ago".
What flow you use with your zeolites?
Did you change the flow since you started the system or you used the same the flow rate always?..

Old 03-11-2019, 10:43 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Quote:
You doing great and very nice do not worry.
Saybabyear was typo autocorrect ha ha. I meant to say "say a year ago".
What flow you use with your zeolites?
Did you change the flow since you started the system or you used the same the flow rate always?..

Thank you for your understanding. As time goes by, the material is always not as "original" as the new one. "Stalk" I didn't pay special attention to it. ZeoVit I only think of it as "reducing nutrition", some academic bacteria attached to ZeoVit Porosity, chemistry, chemical reactions, etc. I did not delve into it. The key is that the flow of the reactor is the real key point.

The recommended flow rate per 1 liter of ZeoVit material is 400 liters per hour.

Collecting water from the reactor outlet through a smaller vessel for 30 seconds to measure the output, volume x 120, to obtain an hourly output

The difference in ZeoVit material does affect the flow, but it really isn't too much. Once the flow is determined, it usually doesn't change too much. I rarely change the reactor flow. Always use the same traffic

Old 03-11-2019, 10:46 PM
ohashimz ohashimz ثeuW
ZEOhead

Jacky my question is: what flow do you use in your system?

I started with max flow of 400 liter per hour per 1 zeolite liter.
But later when system becomes UNLS I had to reduce the flow because coral was too pale and I needed to slow down the nutrient removal.

Old 03-11-2019, 11:14 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

After ZeoVit has been used for a while, the nutrient is gradually reduced. If it is in a small feeding tank, because the input is too small, and the output is continuous, if the color of the coral has become very light, the feeding amount will be gradually increased, otherwise it will be Beginning to face the bottom of the whitening, completely lose the symbiotic algae and other conditions, avoid sudden increase in the large amount of feeding, such behavior will cause the system can not load! Step-by-step feeding can make the corals brighter and more close to the natural color. After the feeding volume is increased, the water quality should be measured in reverse. If the nutrient is increased, the organic carbon supply should be increased or the zeolite filter flow should be increased. And increase the frequency of cleaning the zeolite, the reduction of nutrients and the feeding must be balanced

Both nutrient reduction and feeding must be balanced "

The hourly traffic recommended by Zeo must have its reason and reason. We should "ensure this condition" instead of changing it. If it changes, it becomes "undefined condition".

In addition, when I encounter pressure when the coral is under pressure, I will reduce the reactor flow in a timely manner.