zeovit.com AquaIllumination  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 800 l reef change to zeo
Last Post: emmanouil
Posted On: Today
Replies: 0
Views: 31
0 New diamond 535 reeftank
Last Post: Dutch010
Posted On: Today
Replies: 21
Views: 931
0 Pohl's Xtra - Better dosage?
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 18
Views: 507
0 Tank w.vreeswijk
Last Post: W.vreeswijk
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 342
Views: 51,052
0 GIVEAWAY: Blue Life Safety Stop - Instant Quarantine
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 52
0 Fathers Day Starts NOW - 15% OFF storewide plus MAP specials
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 80
0 Austria Zeovit Reef 2.0
Last Post: Peter.
Posted On: 06-14-2019
Replies: 103
Views: 11,088
0 Zeo-Einsteiger hat Fragen
Last Post: Peter.
Posted On: 06-13-2019
Replies: 39
Views: 2,682
0 pompe doseuse et zeostart
Last Post: apouey
Posted On: 06-13-2019
Replies: 2
Views: 889
0 Zeo & ozone
Last Post: apouey
Posted On: 06-13-2019
Replies: 0
Views: 137
More...
  #106  
Old 01-07-2019, 02:00 PM
jacky jacky 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarkill View Post
What is that?

Skickat fr幩 min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
This should be good to consider,Will there be a lot of bubbles, and is there a valve on the pipeline that regulates the flow of water that flows down?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-01-08 03.57.37.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	4.5 KB
ID:	21891   Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-01-08 04.12.39.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	21892  

Last edited by jacky; 01-07-2019 at 02:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 01-07-2019, 02:52 PM
Gnarkill Gnarkill 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Sweden
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
This should be good to consider,Will there be a lot of bubbles, and is there a valve on the pipeline that regulates the flow of water that flows down?
Aha filter socks, that i am going to try and buy and test

Skickat fr幩 min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 01-07-2019, 10:14 PM
jacky jacky 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,793
Default

Filter socks are digestive products. It is recommended to buy several turns to use alternately. The material of the socks is also different, and the pore size is also different. Choose what you like. I don't have experience with this product, just know that this item is roughly relevant.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 01-08-2019, 02:46 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 35,741
Default

Filter socks can basically be used but should be cleaned regular (daily or every other day).

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 01-08-2019, 05:06 AM
Gnarkill Gnarkill 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Sweden
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Filter socks can basically be used but should be cleaned regular (daily or every other day).

G.Alexander
okey. I will have that in mind. If i dont can think of any other mechanical filtration option.

As of the dinoflagellates they are still hang on to my sand bed and a little on some rocks. But the funny thing is that they only seem to like to grow under my ecotech radion light where there is more of the blue light, on the other end off my tank i have my metal halide light and there is no dinoflagellates there at all.

Skickat fr幩 min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 01-08-2019, 10:01 AM
jacky jacky 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,793
Default

Excuse me, what does mechanical filtration mean?
This is really a very strange phenomenon, usually it is more intense under the white light illumination, it is quite strange. It is said that the spectrum red green is easier for Dino to grow (it is said that it is not correct), and the other is said to be possible spectral decline. Maybe its just a small cause, its not the main reason
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 01-08-2019, 10:59 AM
Gnarkill Gnarkill 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Sweden
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Excuse me, what does mechanical filtration mean?

This is really a very strange phenomenon, usually it is more intense under the white light illumination, it is quite strange. It is said that the spectrum red green is easier for Dino to grow (it is said that it is not correct), and the other is said to be possible spectral decline. Maybe its just a small cause, its not the main reason
Mechanical filtration is when you use filter socks, filter padding and stuff that. Activated carbon, phosphate remover and liquid chemicals or such is refered as biological filtration because you change the compound in the water it self, mor or less. Mechanical filtration just removes particles and waste that you can se with your eyes

Skickat fr幩 min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 01-08-2019, 01:07 PM
jacky jacky 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarkill View Post
Mechanical filtration is when you use filter socks, filter padding and stuff that. Activated carbon, phosphate remover and liquid chemicals or such is refered as biological filtration because you change the compound in the water it self, mor or less. Mechanical filtration just removes particles and waste that you can se with your eyes

Skickat fr幩 min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
It turned out to be like this. Now I understand the meaning of mechanical filtration. Thank you very much for your explanation. Let me learn . Then skimmer is also a mechanical filter, is it?
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 01-08-2019, 01:15 PM
Gnarkill Gnarkill 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Sweden
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
It turned out to be like this. Now I understand the meaning of mechanical filtration. Thank you very much for your explanation. Let me learn . Then skimmer is also a mechanical filter, is it?
Yes you can say that the skimmer in a way is a mechanical filtration unit. Carbon reactor, zeovit reactor is more of an biological filtration process :-)

Skickat fr幩 min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 01-08-2019, 01:25 PM
jacky jacky 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarkill View Post
Yes you can say that the skimmer in a way is a mechanical filtration unit. Carbon reactor, zeovit reactor is more of an biological filtration process :-)

Skickat fr幩 min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
Thank you very much for letting me know more about the names and explanations from different regions. Beat Dinos, I am with you.

Off topic -

I seem to think that everyone in fact has very good experience and rich knowledge. Whenever I speak, I feel a bit more (and also include many wrong experiences), because everyone knows it, compared to me. It seems to be a lot behind, like the method I mentioned in #106 (in fact, you should have thought of it long ago), I am really bad.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 01-08-2019, 05:46 PM
Gnarkill Gnarkill 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Sweden
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Thank you very much for letting me know more about the names and explanations from different regions. Beat Dinos, I am with you.

Off topic -

I seem to think that everyone in fact has very good experience and rich knowledge. Whenever I speak, I feel a bit more (and also include many wrong experiences), because everyone knows it, compared to me. It seems to be a lot behind, like the method I mentioned in #106 (in fact, you should have thought of it long ago), I am really bad.
Yes offcourse i should have thought about using the filter socks instead of my home made filters. But where i live its lind of hard to get aquarium supplies. Iv been in the salt water hobby now for 12 years so i have a bit of experience but not enough.

Skickat fr幩 min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 01-09-2019, 05:25 PM
Gnarkill Gnarkill 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Sweden
Posts: 62
Default

Well, this is now my conclusion of my dinoflagellates problem.

If i dose kalium the dinos grow and spread.

If i run the skimmer the dinos grow and spread.

I left the skimmer on this morning whrn i left for work now when i came home there is a ton of new dinos on the sand bed and rocks. I also dosed kalium (pottassium) yesterday evening 1ml only.

Could it be that i have to clean water that alowes the dinos to explode?

Skickat fr幩 min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 01-09-2019, 08:31 PM
jacky jacky 目前線上
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,793
Default

If I run the skimmer, the dinosaur will grow and spread.( This is really a strange phenomenon, I don't know if running skimmer will make the dino situation worse, but this will not happen in my tank. Will it be a problem with the air? Still the "hose" I discussed in the previous article, I think you can try to remove the hose for a while to see the follow-up situation.)
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 01-10-2019, 02:12 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 35,741
Default

Do you use K-Balance to add potassium or a different product ?

Do the Dinos also disappear if you switch off the skimmer while the photoperiod or just in the night ?

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 01-10-2019, 07:06 AM
Gnarkill Gnarkill 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Sweden
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Do you use K-Balance to add potassium or a different product ?

Do the Dinos also disappear if you switch off the skimmer while the photoperiod or just in the night ?

G.Alexander
I use red seas pottasium.

Yes if i leave the skimmer of the stop spreading

Skickat fr幩 min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.7, Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright by ZeoVit.com