zeovit.com EcoTech Marine LLC  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 GIVEAWAY: Cobalt Aquatics Clearvue Internal Nano Filter
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 25
0 GIVEAWAY: Icecap Smart Fan
Last Post: Premiumaq
Replies: 1
Views: 96
0 Helping dosing zeo system.
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 65
Views: 2,893
0 new 75 gallon tank
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 53
Views: 7,211
0 Switch to Zeovit tank
Last Post: Dutch010
Replies: 0
Views: 41
0 Unable to reduce Nitrate
Last Post: AB_Reefer
Replies: 25
Views: 637
0 Suitable dosing container
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 03-23-2019
Replies: 2
Views: 81
0 Zeostart NO3 and low PO4
Last Post: Bugger
Replies: 5
Views: 206
4 Featured Tank . Benyamin Givi (Mr.Happy) - Tehran - Iran
Last Post: ROBs Reef
Replies: 10
Views: 8,606
0 Considering a move to zeovit
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 03-22-2019
Replies: 23
Views: 645
More...
Old 01-07-2019, 03:00 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarkill View Post
What is that?

Skickat frn min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
This should be good to consider,Will there be a lot of bubbles, and is there a valve on the pipeline that regulates the flow of water that flows down?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-01-08 03.57.37.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	4.5 KB
ID:	21891   Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-01-08 04.12.39.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	21892  

Last edited by jacky; 01-07-2019 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 03:52 PM
Gnarkill Gnarkill ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
This should be good to consider,Will there be a lot of bubbles, and is there a valve on the pipeline that regulates the flow of water that flows down?
Aha filter socks, that i am going to try and buy and test

Old 01-07-2019, 11:14 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Filter socks are digestive products. It is recommended to buy several turns to use alternately. The material of the socks is also different, and the pore size is also different. Choose what you like. I don't have experience with this product, just know that this item is roughly relevant.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:46 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander ثeu
ZEOadmin

Filter socks can basically be used but should be cleaned regular (daily or every other day).

G.Alexander
Old 01-08-2019, 06:06 AM
Gnarkill Gnarkill ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Filter socks can basically be used but should be cleaned regular (daily or every other day).

G.Alexander
okey. I will have that in mind. If i dont can think of any other mechanical filtration option.

As of the dinoflagellates they are still hang on to my sand bed and a little on some rocks. But the funny thing is that they only seem to like to grow under my ecotech radion light where there is more of the blue light, on the other end off my tank i have my metal halide light and there is no dinoflagellates there at all.

Old 01-08-2019, 11:01 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Excuse me, what does mechanical filtration mean?
This is really a very strange phenomenon, usually it is more intense under the white light illumination, it is quite strange. It is said that the spectrum red green is easier for Dino to grow (it is said that it is not correct), and the other is said to be possible spectral decline. Maybe its just a small cause, its not the main reason
Old 01-08-2019, 11:59 AM
Gnarkill Gnarkill ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Excuse me, what does mechanical filtration mean?

This is really a very strange phenomenon, usually it is more intense under the white light illumination, it is quite strange. It is said that the spectrum red green is easier for Dino to grow (it is said that it is not correct), and the other is said to be possible spectral decline. Maybe its just a small cause, its not the main reason
Mechanical filtration is when you use filter socks, filter padding and stuff that. Activated carbon, phosphate remover and liquid chemicals or such is refered as biological filtration because you change the compound in the water it self, mor or less. Mechanical filtration just removes particles and waste that you can se with your eyes

Old 01-08-2019, 02:07 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Quote:
Mechanical filtration is when you use filter socks, filter padding and stuff that. Activated carbon, phosphate remover and liquid chemicals or such is refered as biological filtration because you change the compound in the water it self, mor or less. Mechanical filtration just removes particles and waste that you can se with your eyes

It turned out to be like this. Now I understand the meaning of mechanical filtration. Thank you very much for your explanation. Let me learn . Then skimmer is also a mechanical filter, is it?
Old 01-08-2019, 02:15 PM
Gnarkill Gnarkill ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
It turned out to be like this. Now I understand the meaning of mechanical filtration. Thank you very much for your explanation. Let me learn . Then skimmer is also a mechanical filter, is it?
Yes you can say that the skimmer in a way is a mechanical filtration unit. Carbon reactor, zeovit reactor is more of an biological filtration process :-)

Old 01-08-2019, 02:25 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Quote:
Yes you can say that the skimmer in a way is a mechanical filtration unit. Carbon reactor, zeovit reactor is more of an biological filtration process :-)

Thank you very much for letting me know more about the names and explanations from different regions. Beat Dinos, I am with you.

Off topic -

I seem to think that everyone in fact has very good experience and rich knowledge. Whenever I speak, I feel a bit more (and also include many wrong experiences), because everyone knows it, compared to me. It seems to be a lot behind, like the method I mentioned in #106 (in fact, you should have thought of it long ago), I am really bad.
Old 01-08-2019, 06:46 PM
Gnarkill Gnarkill ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Thank you very much for letting me know more about the names and explanations from different regions. Beat Dinos, I am with you.

Off topic -

I seem to think that everyone in fact has very good experience and rich knowledge. Whenever I speak, I feel a bit more (and also include many wrong experiences), because everyone knows it, compared to me. It seems to be a lot behind, like the method I mentioned in #106 (in fact, you should have thought of it long ago), I am really bad.
Yes offcourse i should have thought about using the filter socks instead of my home made filters. But where i live its lind of hard to get aquarium supplies. Iv been in the salt water hobby now for 12 years so i have a bit of experience but not enough.

Old 01-09-2019, 06:25 PM
Gnarkill Gnarkill ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Well, this is now my conclusion of my dinoflagellates problem.

If i dose kalium the dinos grow and spread.

If i run the skimmer the dinos grow and spread.

I left the skimmer on this morning whrn i left for work now when i came home there is a ton of new dinos on the sand bed and rocks. I also dosed kalium (pottassium) yesterday evening 1ml only.

Could it be that i have to clean water that alowes the dinos to explode?

Old 01-09-2019, 09:31 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

If I run the skimmer, the dinosaur will grow and spread.( This is really a strange phenomenon, I don't know if running skimmer will make the dino situation worse, but this will not happen in my tank. Will it be a problem with the air? Still the "hose" I discussed in the previous article, I think you can try to remove the hose for a while to see the follow-up situation.)
Old 01-10-2019, 03:12 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander ثeu
ZEOadmin

Do you use K-Balance to add potassium or a different product ?

Do the Dinos also disappear if you switch off the skimmer while the photoperiod or just in the night ?

G.Alexander
Old 01-10-2019, 08:06 AM
Gnarkill Gnarkill ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Do you use K-Balance to add potassium or a different product ?

Do the Dinos also disappear if you switch off the skimmer while the photoperiod or just in the night ?

G.Alexander
I use red seas pottasium.

Yes if i leave the skimmer of the stop spreading