zeovit.com EcoTech Marine LLC  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 GIVEAWAY: Cobalt Aquatics Clearvue Internal Nano Filter
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 22
0 GIVEAWAY: Icecap Smart Fan
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 1
Views: 94
0 Helping dosing zeo system.
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 65
Views: 2,888
0 new 75 gallon tank
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 53
Views: 7,200
0 Switch to Zeovit tank
Last Post: Dutch010
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 41
0 Unable to reduce Nitrate
Last Post: AB_Reefer
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 25
Views: 637
0 Suitable dosing container
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 03-23-2019
Replies: 2
Views: 81
0 Zeostart NO3 and low PO4
Last Post: Bugger
Posted On: 03-23-2019
Replies: 5
Views: 206
4 Featured Tank . Benyamin Givi (Mr.Happy) - Tehran - Iran
Last Post: ROBs Reef
Posted On: 03-23-2019
Replies: 10
Views: 8,606
0 Considering a move to zeovit
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 03-22-2019
Replies: 23
Views: 639
More...
  #91  
Old 01-06-2019, 06:07 AM
Gnarkill Gnarkill ثeu
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Sweden
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
G is great, but I didn't think of it in the sump (dino is heavily flooded)

Picture (1), what kind of thing is this suitable for use in salt water?

What kind of material is it represented by the picture arrow, is it suitable for use in salt water?(Possibly big)
I am not quite sure, just guessing because it is unusual


Off topic, picture 4, regulating valve should not be level with the pipeline, it may be better to be in the arrow (blue) perpendicular to the pipeline, or should be away from the pump, installed after the pump to the vertical tube in front of the main display system
Jacky: in picture 1 what you see is my bubble trap with filter padding in to stop particles.

In picture 4 does it really matter how the return line valve is placed on the pipe?

Skickat frn min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 01-06-2019, 07:02 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarkill View Post
Jacky: in picture 1 what you see is my bubble trap with filter padding in to stop particles. (I understand the meaning, thank you)
In picture 4 does it really matter how the return line valve is placed on the pipe?(That's ok)

Skickat frn min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
I just looked at it with a computer. Is the yellow hose at the inlet of the skimmer installed by yourself, or is it originally an accessory?
I don't have a good experience, just talk about the places and possibilities that I think are unusual.

Zeo Coral Snow algae problem is a very good product

Last edited by jacky; 01-06-2019 at 07:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 01-06-2019, 07:26 AM
Gnarkill Gnarkill ثeu
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Sweden
Posts: 62
Default

Aha okey i see :-) the yellow hose is to the inlet air for skimmer, i extended it to silence the sound when it draws in air

Skickat frn min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 01-06-2019, 07:34 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarkill View Post
Aha okey i see :-) the yellow hose is to the inlet air for skimmer, i extended it to silence the sound when it draws in air

Skickat frn min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
I understand the meaning, although it does not seem to touch the sea, but it is difficult to say the reason. If it is me, I will try my best to improve the suspicion, use materials or materials suitable for sea water, and then wait for the situation to improve.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 01-06-2019, 07:41 AM
Gnarkill Gnarkill ثeu
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Sweden
Posts: 62
Default

Yes, i know what you mean jacky :-) all the things that i have is made for salt water aquarium hobby. Exept for the filter containers those i made my self.

I was thinking of one thing just now..... could the sand bed be the cause of the dinoflagellates? I have 2 centimeters of sand bed

Skickat frn min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 01-06-2019, 08:10 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarkill View Post
Yes, i know what you mean jacky :-) all the things that i have is made for salt water aquarium hobby. Exept for the filter containers those i made my self.

I was thinking of one thing just now..... could the sand bed be the cause of the dinoflagellates? I have 2 centimeters of sand bed

Skickat frn min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
What kind of sand it is originally, even if it uses sand containing bacteria (the Kz system is not recommended), and generally sand is no more than phosphorus and si. Maybe there is an ICP test in your area. In addition, if the RO water is good, the RO water can also be sent to the inspection together. Or Salifert SI test package (I don't have experience, I don't know the accuracy, maybe this is a simple preliminary judgment, it may be good)
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 01-07-2019, 03:13 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander ثeu
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 35,574
Default

Thank you for the pictures. In one of the pictures there are two buckets visible submerged in the sump. Those buckets are usually soft so they can leach unwanted substances or softeners.

Which kind of material is the bubble trap you use at the last camber of your sump ?

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 01-07-2019, 04:47 AM
Gnarkill Gnarkill ثeu
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Sweden
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Thank you for the pictures. In one of the pictures there are two buckets visible submerged in the sump. Those buckets are usually soft so they can leach unwanted substances or softeners.



Which kind of material is the bubble trap you use at the last camber of your sump ?



G.Alexander
Okey, the 2 buckets i put in the sump after the first big dino outbreak. The bubble trap is made of glass and siliconed with aquarium silicone


Skickat frn min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 01-07-2019, 04:49 AM
Gnarkill Gnarkill ثeu
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Sweden
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
What kind of sand it is originally, even if it uses sand containing bacteria (the Kz system is not recommended), and generally sand is no more than phosphorus and si. Maybe there is an ICP test in your area. In addition, if the RO water is good, the RO water can also be sent to the inspection together. Or Salifert SI test package (I don't have experience, I don't know the accuracy, maybe this is a simple preliminary judgment, it may be good)
The sand is dry fiji sand that i got from an aquarium wholesaler here i sweden

Skickat frn min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 01-07-2019, 08:02 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,525
Default

As G. said, the two buckets are visiblely immersed in the sump and quickly removed. At first I also found this bucket. I thought that the bucket was placed outside the sump due to the color of the glass.
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 01-07-2019, 08:25 AM
Gnarkill Gnarkill ثeu
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Sweden
Posts: 62
Default

I removed the buckets, and now i have to find another mechanical way to filter out sone of the crap ;-)

Skickat frn min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 01-07-2019, 08:46 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,525
Default

In fact, I don't know much about the function of the bucket. Can you describe it better? Maybe after I understand the meaning, maybe I can think of a better way.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 01-07-2019, 09:07 AM
Gnarkill Gnarkill ثeu
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Sweden
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
In fact, I don't know much about the function of the bucket. Can you describe it better? Maybe after I understand the meaning, maybe I can think of a better way.
The buckets are just 500ml in size i drilled holes around it and just made a hole in the lid so i could put the main owerflow pipe in to it. The function of it is to contain filter padding to filter away dietrius and other waste from the system before the skimmer. :-)

Skickat frn min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 01-07-2019, 01:23 PM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,525
Default

Picture style, how do you feel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-01-08 02.20.40.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	21888  
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 01-07-2019, 02:02 PM
Gnarkill Gnarkill ثeu
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Sweden
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Picture style, how do you feel
What is that?

Skickat frn min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.7, Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright by ZeoVit.com