zeovit.com EcoTech Marine LLC  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Zeostart NO3 and low PO4
Last Post: blackizzz
Posted On: Today
Replies: 3
Views: 137
0 Considering a move to zeovit
Last Post: Rsafron
Replies: 22
Views: 455
0 Unable to reduce Nitrate
Last Post: AB_Reefer
Replies: 19
Views: 447
0 Helping dosing zeo system.
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 49
Views: 2,496
0 Tank w.vreeswijk
Last Post: W.vreeswijk
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 314
Views: 45,662
0 Start with zeovit method (running tank)
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 86
Views: 5,014
0 Buy Genuine directly from Germany!
Last Post: sewatec
Posted On: 03-19-2019
Replies: 0
Views: 88
0 DIY Auto Zeovit Reactor
Replies: 1
Views: 239
0 stylo pucci glow - how to use
Replies: 1
Views: 172
0 130 л Зеовит аква
Replies: 72
Views: 5,456
More...

Old 12-16-2018, 01:51 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Give more pictures, or videos. Need more information because I don't fully understand your tank. As G. said, usually NP should not rise after water changes, so check the quality of Ro water is good, and usually use Zeo basic products can effectively help reduce NP. Maybe from the wrong NP value, or other reasons, you need the correct value to solve the problem.

What is your current complete dose, what is the current Zeo zeolite flow, have you replaced it (the first change is about 1 month), Is there any non-Zeo use, such as activated carbon, live sand, or lighting (the white light spectrum is more suitable and tends to help with low nutrient salts)

Get the correct NP. If the water quality of Ro is good (tds=0), if the NP is increased after changing the water, then it is certain that some other factors cause the measurable NP to be released. If the use of the basic product can reduce the NP, then continue ( Add the tank during the current phase of execution time, perform the project, such as replacing Zeo zeolite activated carbon, changing water 5~10% per week, siphon vacuum, skimmer wet, maintaining good lighting for 8~10hr, changing filter every other day Socks, let time make better improvements

Can you give more pictures or videos, including sump inside?
Old 01-11-2019, 07:28 AM
wangsz wangsz 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Default brown film/algae

hi,G!
Follow your advice,i have removed all the redsea carbon for one weeks and added 100ml kz carbon and corals get batter.Two weeks ago I first changed the stone and dose 2 drops bak daily for 10 days.other dosage are:star3 0.2ml*2 daily,sp 2 drops*3 weekly.
NO3 0.1(salifert)
PO4 0(hanna)
KH 7.0(salifert)
Ca 440(salifert)
Mg 1230(salifert)
K 380(salifert)
Form last week I found some deep brown film or algae on rocks and some corals, now I stopped dosing sp and reduced star3 to 0.15ml?*2 daily.i want to know what the brown film is and what to do next, thank you!
now I already have CV,AA,Coralsnow plus,CaynoClean,A-Balance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WechatIMG1.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	21898   Click image for larger version

Name:	WechatIMG2.jpg
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	21899   Click image for larger version

Name:	WechatIMG3.jpg
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	21900  
Old 01-11-2019, 08:40 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Hello, I am not G. This is a small idea for me, if you are willing to Zeo Coral Snow can get this support. Understanding that getting the right zeolite reactor flow is good
Old 01-11-2019, 09:40 AM
wangsz wangsz 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

thanks jacky!i will try your advice!the flow is 200l/h,with continous flow.200L net water
Old 01-11-2019, 10:12 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

The brown film may be an increase in nutrients, and the zeolite bacteria cannot utilize the excess carbon to cause bacterial membranes, such as small bubbles in the case of illumination. (It is for reference only) so I will come up with an understanding of the zeolite reactor flow.

Standard dose Zeo Coral snow 1ml=100L, 3mlCS should help this process every day

skimmer modulation wet.

Participate in the discussion, there may be many wrong places, reference
Old 01-11-2019, 11:48 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Oh My God, I just used a computer to look at the picture. There is a bad feeling. It may be Dino. Do you have a microscope to observe them?
Old 01-11-2019, 11:50 AM
wangsz wangsz 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

no,i don't have.the third pic looks like dino
Old 01-11-2019, 12:21 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Will small bubbles disappear at night? How long has the situation been? What is the current tank situation? Can you post more pictures of white light and more pictures of sump?Are you smelling a pungent plastic around the tank, this pungent smell emanates from the water, especially at night,Is the reflector of the T5 lamp good?

The part of the algae can be solved first. It can continue to be treated with Zeo CS. Reduce organic matter

Last edited by jacky; 01-11-2019 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:03 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Always difficult to say what exactly it is from pictures but it really could be Dinoflaggelate as the third picture does show some kind of brown strings. If you do not have access to a microscope you can never be 100% sure but Dinoflaggelate do usually disappear while the dark period growing back very quick if the light are switched on in the morning.

G.Alexander
Old 01-12-2019, 07:23 AM
wangsz wangsz 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Thanks G!
It does disappear while the dark period growing back very quick if the light are switched on in the morning.And the dino just mainly grow up in the overflow but just a little in display tank.I use a tooth brush to remove it handly some times a day. I want to know what cause this?last week i added a small piece of dead rock into the DT.may be the rock leached some unwanted chemical composition and two or three days later the dion growed up.Now i have removed the dead rock.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:31 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Lets try to remove the piece of rock again, if that is the reason they should disappear within a short time.

G.Alexander