zeovit.com Sewatec.de - Reef Supply International  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Mein Kleines Wohnzimmerriff
Last Post: ArturW33
Posted On: Today
Replies: 13
Views: 696
0 Finally ready to start Zeovit
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 1
Views: 27
0 Zeo-Einsteiger hat Fragen
Last Post: chrima78
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 41
Views: 3,032
0 Flatworm stop and coral booster
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 4
Views: 150
0 Dosing Zeostart with Dosing Pump
Posted On: 06-23-2019
Replies: 10
Views: 2,585
0 800 l reef change to zeo
Posted On: 06-23-2019
Replies: 13
Views: 588
0 130 л Зеовит аква
Last Post: Alexfdl
Posted On: 06-21-2019
Replies: 90
Views: 8,003
0 Preferred time to dose Coral Vitalizer and Amino Acid Concentrate?
Posted On: 06-19-2019
Replies: 4
Views: 331
0 Avast Marine reactor Help!
Last Post: ohashimz
Replies: 7
Views: 329
0 New tank Elos 160 XL
Replies: 87
Views: 9,289
More...
Old 03-17-2019, 11:46 AM
Rsafron Rsafron 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Default Considering a move to zeovit

Currently run a calcium reactor with a refugium. Nutrients are low and things are OK but considering a change to Zeovit. Would like better color and a clean sump. Is it possible to run Zeovit system when I travel for work. Could be 3-4 days gone per week. Not every week but certainly some that long if not a couple days. Can the primary things be run on pumps?
Old 03-17-2019, 01:00 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Hello Rsafron, welcome to ZeoVit,

I think that most of the Zeo products can be used in automatic dosing, but it's really hard to say everything. It also includes a lot of unpredictable factors, such as: "security", if equipment automation can be a good select. Going back to the problem, I feel that I have enough time for 3~4 days a week. I can get rid of the automatic dosing. The only thing I can do is to drop the drug into Zeo Bac, etc. Feed the fish, brush the glass, and pull the ZeoVit reactor. Replace the filter socks, check the water quality and WC, etc. Check all the equipment, observe the corals, and enjoy the beauty of the corals. I am probably doing this on a regular basis, and I spend most of my time observing corals and enjoying corals.

If you have friends and colleagues of the same hobbies in the days when you are not there, please help them to inspect, it may be good.

Or make a clear form regulation, what to do today, what to do next day, what to do for inspections

Or install an instant video camera so you can watch the tank situation instantly from your phone.

As for the system conversion, you may need to perform some pharmacy additions every day (maybe there are different changes, I am very excited and look forward to seeing G.Alexander's different way), after time and system conversion, It will be easier, but any tank needs to be maintained.

Listen to see other peoples different opinions

If you like the Zeo system, you can fill in the basic information about tank first.

Last edited by jacky; 03-17-2019 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:49 PM
Rsafron Rsafron 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Thanks for the reply. Everything in my tank right now is pretty automated via Apex, ect. If things can be dosed via pump I have that capability, the issue would be the small bottles needing a couple drops every single day. If those things can go some days here and there without dosing that could work. I would purchase an automatic Zeo reactor to take care of shaking the media. My tank is 125 gallon with a emerald 34 sump. Calcium reactor for Alk, Ca and mag. I dose AF aminos and vitamins. I keep nitrate around 2.5 and phosphate around 0.01-0.02. I have a refugium with macro but that does not really grow fast.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:26 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Looks good, for example, I know, Zeo Bac is recommended to "refrigerate" after opening and can not "dilute", this may be a problem to overcome
System conversion, the initial ZeoVit material needs to be switched through 3 open 3, and the addition of Zeo Bac, etc. every day for about 2 weeks, and gradually reduce the original system potion to replace the Zeo system. And consider the incompatibility of certain objects or forms with Zeo, such as UV lamps, etc.

And corals don't grow, it's hard to say what is the reason.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:04 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Most important thing to dose is ZeoStart which can be done easy with a dosing system. The other products can be dosed when you are at home manually also. A automatic reactor is also necessary in this case. Especially the KH should be constant and with not to much changes, so make sure to adjust your reactor well to keep the KH stabile within the range of 6.5 – 7.5 also while you are not at home. If you like to get a dosing recommendation please post some more details about your system:

https://zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14

G.Alexander
Old 03-18-2019, 02:26 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Thank you G.Alexander

To Rsafron, this is the ratio of Zeo Start3

First consider the following mixing ratios.

1:19, ZeoStart3 / RODI water. One part of ZeoStart3 (say, 100 mL) was added to 19 parts of RODI water (such as 1900 mL) to obtain a 2000 mL solution. 0.05 mL of ZeoStart 3 was included per 1 mL of solution.

E.g
If you want a total of 0.5mL of ZeoStart3 dose per day divided into 2 doses (0.25mL x 2), you can set your dose twice a day (5mL x 2 = 10mL solution) = 0.5mL ZeoStart3.

1:9, ZeoStart3 / RODI water. Adding 1 part of ZeoStart3 (say 100 mL) to 9 parts of RODI water (such as 900 mL) will give a 1000 mL solution. 0.1 mL of ZeoStart 3 was included per 1 mL of solution.

E.g
If you want a total of 0.5mL of ZeoStart3 dose per day divided into 2 doses (0.25mL 2), then you will not be able to do this, because most doses can only provide a minimum dose of 1mL, 1mL solution contains 0.1mL ZeoStart3. So this ratio is only valid if you give even numbers every day (such as 0.2 / 0.4 / 0.6 / 0.8 mL, etc.), get it? When a large number of ZeoStart3s with an even number are given, the ratio of 1:9 is better. You can take more than 2 times a day to try to equal the amount you take each day, but it will make things more difficult.

You will need a container to hold the sealed solution and can withstand temperature sterilization, usually with good glass.

Boil some RODI water and clean the inside of the container, the lid and all the tubes (used to pump the solution into the feeder and tank). Discard this water, do not dry it with a cloth, and do not touch any surfaces to contact the solution. Place the item on a clean or sterile surface to cool naturally.

Boil the required RODI water for your solution. Once at the boiling point, it is removed from the heat and allowed to cool naturally. This may take some time, so you can speed up the process by placing the boiling container in an ice bath (make sure it doesn't pollute your boiling water during this process). You should also cover the water to avoid the so-called "bacterial rain", which is the bacteria in the air that will fall to the surface and contaminate it. It is best to complete the cooling in 30 minutes to reduce the possibility of contamination.

Pour the cooled and measured amount of RODI water into your metering container.

A measured amount of ZeoStart3 was added to the RODI water.

More detailed instructions located, sticky: basic information (FAQ)

And post basic information about tank
Old 03-18-2019, 07:12 AM
Rsafron Rsafron 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Thanks all. I will go ahead and order an auto shake reactor and the starter kit. Didnt know about no UV thing and will have to take off line. Does the UV make that big of an impact? I do keep my parameters stable, Alk at 7.8 Ca 430 and mag 1400 via calcium reactor. Currently o also dose Red Sea colors and run ICP every quarter. Tank is a 125 with a Trigger emerald 34 sump. I figure 100 gallons total water volume.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E66EC3A6-24AF-4A09-A9D0-9BBCFC951F23.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	22108  
Old 03-18-2019, 08:55 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

#5 G.Alexander's connection, the information will be clearer.

UV light, yes, it will affect bacteria and biology, Not suitable for long-term use

Also, for all ZEOvit users who use ZEOvit / ZEOlites / Stones and use ZEOstart3 and other additives - it is not recommended to use any form of PO4 absorbent, GFO or other types of materials in combination with the ZEOvit system.

Stickiness: basic message about your tank message
Old 03-18-2019, 12:07 PM
Rsafron Rsafron 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

I don’t currently use any GFO. Macro seems to keep it below o.o1-0.03
Old 03-18-2019, 06:18 PM
Rsafron Rsafron 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

I have my starting supplies ordered. If I don’t know the exact volume of water in my system, is there a best dose to start with? Then adjust based on results. Per above my system is already at the very low nutrient level.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:58 PM
Rsafron Rsafron 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter

125 Gallon DT with another 10-12 gallons in sump.

2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter

This is hard to say for sure. 125 gallon DT with Trigger Emerald 32 sump. Lot of live rock and coral. I always assume 100 gallons total water volume but I could be off a bit.

3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique

Yes calcium reactor.

4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.)

No, none for several months.

5. Are you using Ozone

No

6. Are you using UV

Yes.

7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume)

Skimz SM167 Monster DC internal skimmer. rated 50-200 gallons.

8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels

0.01-0.02 and 1-2.5 nitrate

9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels

440, 7.9 and 1400

10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.)

Refugium, bare bottom. Live rock, skimmer. Quit Vinegar 6 months ago.

11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.)

ATI Hybrid with 4 Radion G4 pro and 4 Blue Plus T5 bulbs. Par 200-400 day 150-350 lateday.

12. What corals do you keep

Mostly SPS, a couple LPS. PBT Anemone

13. Tissue color (light or dark)

Average?? Cant get reds and pinks to show color well.

14. How long has the tank been running

Tank is 10 years old. Reboot to SPS about 3 years ago.

15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system

Colors, clearity. Love tinkering. Clean sump.

16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.)

Redsea Colors once per week. Reef Energy 2 times/week. Reef Chilie 2 times per week.

17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.)

most 8-10 years old. Few new pieces 3 years old. Can't really say how much but more than most people seem to use these days.

18. Any present problems

Colors not as good. Water not as clear as I would like. Nutrients are doing OK right now with just skimmer and Macro.

19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)

Cyno here and there. No major outbreak since Vinegar dosing. Algae for the most part under control except in refugium, hair algae there with Chaeto. Do have spots of bubble algae.

20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.)

Hanna, Alk and Phosphorous. Nyos for nitrate. Salifert for CA and Mag.

21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)

None. Want to start later this week. Then take out the macro.

22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.)

1.026 and 78 degrees.

23. Which salt brand do you use

Redsea.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:27 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

First of all I would recommend to download the dosing guide from:

http://www.korallen-zucht.de/files/z..._english-1.pdf

It contains a lot of useful information and will be helpful to get a feeling for the dosage.

First start with the basics products to decrease nutrients:

1. Place 1 liter zeovit in a Zeo Reactor. Water flow around 100 US gallons per hour. Connect the reactor pump to a clock timer and run the reactor pump with a 3 hour on / 3 hour off / 3 hour on interval. Please make sure the zeolite is not exposed to air while the pump is switched off. Clean the material daily. Leave the zeolite 4 weeks in the filter until you do the first change out. This is the first changing interval, others could be lengthen to 6 – 8 weeks.

2. Place 0.4 liters activated carbon in a filter sock and keep it in a passive water flow in your sump, changed every 30 days. Knead the carbon daily to keep the surface clean. Most users get perfect results with korallenzucht carbon.

3. Dose 4 drops ZeoBac daily for the first 2 weeks, flowed by a 2 – 3 x weekly dosage of 4 drops. Dose 0.4 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily (morning & evening). Dose those in front of the Zeo reactor pump while it is switched on.

Later on you could use the additional products for coral coloration. Adjust your skimmer to skim wet, keeping it clean to export as much as possible. Do a weekly water change of 5 – 10 % with a good salt.

Basic water parameters looking good, try to keep them as stabile as possible close the NSW in the following ranges:

KH 6.5 – 7.5
Ca 400 – 420 mg
Mg 1250 – 1300 mg
K+ ~ 380 mg

For a nutrient poor environment K+ (potassium) seems to be a important element. I would recommend you to get a test kit for this element also, posting your results.

UV is not compatible with the system as it does destroy a couple of elements contained in the products. I would recommend to switch it off when you start with ZeoVit.

This is a start-up dosage which might have to be adjusted later.

G.Alexander
Old 03-21-2019, 06:24 PM
Rsafron Rsafron 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Setup my system with Zeovit today. I’m using the Skimz monster ZM120 Reactor. I did notice the rocks don’t stay wet at my 9” water level I have set for my skimmer. I guess I will have to raise my skimmer in order to raise the overall water level to keep Zeovit media wet when the pump is off every 3 hours. I’ll post parameters tomorrow.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:35 PM
Rsafron Rsafron 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

I do have a question though, if I already have 2 nitrate and 0.01 phosphate is it necessary to run on 3 hours off 3?
Old 03-21-2019, 11:52 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Yes, right, system conversion, bacterial colonization ZeoVit, 3 open 3 off, giving system buffering and adaptation