zeovit.com Korallenzucht  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 new to zeovit
Last Post: Kproescher
Posted On: Today
Replies: 180
Views: 18,509
0 Mein Zeobecken
Last Post: Robert Haase
Replies: 82
Views: 9,326
0 Making the switch after 30 years of reefing.
Last Post: StinkFish
Replies: 8
Views: 114
0 Dose Rate Biophos2
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 3
Views: 89
0 Helping dosing zeo system.
Last Post: tri989
Replies: 87
Views: 4,205
0 Switch to Zeovit tank
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 16
Views: 561
0 Zeostart NO3 and low PO4
Replies: 16
Views: 880
0 15% OFF Easter Weekend SALE
Last Post: Premiumaq
Replies: 0
Views: 27
0 Unable to reduce Nitrate
Last Post: Rsafron
Replies: 26
Views: 964
0 Flow
Posted On: 04-18-2019
Replies: 1
Views: 63
More...
Old 02-06-2019, 03:52 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前離線
ZEOhead

Coral snow plus is liquid GFO btw.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-2019, 11:09 AM
maLx maLx 目前離線
ZEOhead

Hey, G. Alexander.

What is the proper dosage of A-Balance? Do I do a large initial dosage and then dose 1ml / 100L every 10 days like the bottle? Or do we follow the guide here? https://cms.korallen-zucht.de/files/...efing_engl.pdf
Old 02-08-2019, 10:34 PM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Hello Joey, I can not tell you first hand experiences with the product as I never used it but usually the recommendation of the manufacturer works well. Personally I would use the initial dosage if I had a cyano problem but I might just use 30 - 50% for it if I never used the product before:

https://www.korallen-zucht.de/en/Sal...A-Balance.html

G.Alexander
Old 02-09-2019, 09:30 AM
maLx maLx 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Hello Joey, I can not tell you first hand experiences with the product as I never used it but usually the recommendation of the manufacturer works well. Personally I would use the initial dosage if I had a cyano problem but I might just use 30 - 50% for it if I never used the product before:

https://www.korallen-zucht.de/en/Sal...A-Balance.html

G.Alexander
I think thats good advice. My calculated first dosage should be 150ml. Ill use 65ml and start there.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:45 PM
maLx maLx 目前離線
ZEOhead

Here are some tank shots taken with a simple gel filter! You can see some of my Cyano Problem. Lets see where we get after A-Balance. Its a peninsula tank 55 gallon display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2019, 01:22 AM
maLx maLx 目前離線
ZEOhead

Default ZEOvit No Rocks

So, just dosed A Balance In my tank. I went with the recommended dose of 50ml/100L but split into two over the period of 24 hours. So Wednesday of last week I dosed the first half, and then the next day when I observed corals doing fine. The second half. It didnt help with my Cyano and my Brain coral showed no PE for three or four nights after as well as retracted polyps on some others. With that said, all PE on corals came back after a few days and now some corals are showing more PE than they did before. Coloration is also strong and no brown outs. Ill see more how the color develops over the next few days.

Hoping to bring back stable biology after my red bug treatment and algae / cyano outbreak.

Also ceased dosing ZEOstart and iodine for now until Cyano goes away. Dosing zeofood and bio mate to lower phosphate while the algae dies off.

Sending in an ICP and NDOC test to check all parameters before dosing A Balance, Iodine or B Balance

Goals are to keep corals growing and showing PE, while slowing killing off the algae and cyano outbreak and cleansing the rocks. While maintaining phosphates under 0.1 and stable alk between 8.5 and 9. All other parameters will take a back seat.

Will keep everyone posted on progress.

Current dosing with 300L

On Wednesday and Thursday only
Amino Acids 3 drops
Iron 3 drops
Sponge Power 3 drops
ZEObak 3 drops

Daily
ZeoFood Plus 18 drops daily for the week
Bio Mate 6 drops per day
CV 3 drops per day

Once per week on Thursday night, 1/2 tsp of ZEOzym

Old 04-09-2019, 07:31 PM
maLx maLx 目前離線
ZEOhead

So, after some work finally got my nutrients stable at 5ppm nitrate and 0.03 po4. Since i have a small tank, I don't want to go super low because if I did, nitrates can easily bottom out and cause issues.

My alk is around 7.6 stable. I have noticed though that lots of my SPS are showing signs of burnt tips. What could be the cause? I haven't changed any lights.

My last ICP test showed high arsenic at 0.03 and high potassium at 450 but that's about it.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:06 PM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by maLx View Post
So, after some work finally got my nutrients stable at 5ppm nitrate and 0.03 po4. Since i have a small tank, I don't want to go super low because if I did, nitrates can easily bottom out and cause issues.

My alk is around 7.6 stable. I have noticed though that lots of my SPS are showing signs of burnt tips. What could be the cause? I haven't changed any lights.

My last ICP test showed high arsenic at 0.03 and high potassium at 450 but that's about it.
High k+ can cause burn tips. But your k+ is not that high thu..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2019, 11:36 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

I read the #50 picture

[ In general, excessive use of organic matter can lead to various adverse consequences, such as nuisance of algae, cyano, bacterial reproduction, etc. Algae growth, brown film]

If it is me, I will try to do this.

1. Complete stop so feed and nutrient addition
CV, AA, iron, iodine,etc.
2. Daily CoralSnow+bac, 6ml: 3 drops bac
SpongePower 3 drops every other day
Start3 0.3ml x2 per day (morning/night)
BioMate 6 drops every other day
Zym 1/3 spoon, once a week
Coral Snow Plus 3ml ,2 times a week

3. Use a toothbrush to clean any Cyano, algae that the eye sees on the sill, as much as possible, Any of the Cyano, algae, and accumulated substances on the siphon sand bed, When changing the water, take the power head manually, let the water flow fully flow the live rock, and remove more debris.

4. Ensure that Ro/di water quality is good, change water 5~10%, Skimmer adjustment wet

5. Keep water parameters at the appropriate level
Kh 6.5~7.5
CA 400~420
MG 1250~1300
K+~380
Refresh/balance/supplement by changing the water to bring the data back

6. Can you provide a picture of the tip of the coral?
What is the brand of activated carbon used? Quantity? How to use?

7. There may be many reasons for the tip of the coral. Let us balance the water parameters and at the appropriate level, and let us know the use of activated carbon.
Observe the PO4 level and should not rise

8. At the same time, non-related Zeo's "modes" or "components" are reduced by 1/2 and gradually removed

If you are willing to do this, I believe that the situation of algae bacteria will definitely improve.

Last edited by jacky; 04-10-2019 at 12:03 AM.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:16 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Sorry, can't edit again, add at point 8

Some forms of material are in the Iron product way, thereby reducing phosphate, but side effects. Algae generation opportunities

It is similar to the fact that kalkwasser will bind PO4 from the water column and this compound will accumulate on sand and rock. Under several conditions, PO4 can be leached in a water column, for example algae can also absorb PO4 directly from the matrix. Such systems typically have no detectable PO4 in the water column and several algae grow very well.

Similar and similar meaning, perhaps different in form and function

Sorry, I am still a newcomer.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:31 PM
maLx maLx 目前離線
ZEOhead

Thanks for the tips jacky but I dont have any problem algae. Algae Is minimal and rocks look good.

Trying to figure out why my SPS and all of a sudden showing signs of STN.

Old 04-12-2019, 12:12 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

It's hard to say that corals are always so sensitive and delicate.

The sign of STN is from what part of the coral
Before TN, did you change anything?

After TN, have you checked the data?

In this line, I can't find a basic introduction to the tank message.
Old 04-14-2019, 01:31 AM
maLx maLx 目前離線
ZEOhead

Yeah Im trying to figure it out. There should be no reason why my corals are STNing so Im going to reduce my dose of everything for now until things look better. Just going to do one drop of each product I dose except for iron which I like to dose a bit extra because my macro sucks it out of the water super quick.

Old 04-14-2019, 02:01 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Usually additives fall into two broad categories: organic and inorganic

Generally, an excessive amount of inorganic substances causes serious problems due to toxicity. STN and RTN are two forms of tissue death that we can experience.

It's hard to say what the reason is, it may be after some additional ways / objects / fast fluctuations / element imbalance / etc.

Even the supplement of trace elements or nutrients such as iron should not cause coral TN ing,(maybe )

I don't know how the appearance of the coral TN looks like.

I don't have a good experience, but we can explore together, try to make the coral recovery stop TN, do my best knowledge help (sorry, may not be very good)

I can't find the basic details and actual information about your tank.