zeovit.com Vertex  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 130 л Зеовит аква
Last Post: Bob677
Posted On: Today
Replies: 23
Views: 766
0 Hey!
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 11
Views: 134
0 how to use zeospur2?
Replies: 2
Views: 29
0 Want to use zeovit but with UV
Replies: 4
Views: 179
0 Start with zeovit method (running tank)
Replies: 6
Views: 201
0 New System
Last Post: danno45
Replies: 8
Views: 283
0 Austria Zeovit Reef 2.0
Last Post: Peter.
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 76
Views: 6,347
0 360g Sps change to full zeovit
Last Post: AG Reefer
Replies: 74
Views: 5,671
0 A restart
Last Post: blackizzz
Replies: 194
Views: 19,218
0 200 gallon switch to Zeovit
Replies: 190
Views: 16,989
More...

Old 01-13-2019, 10:16 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by smpysw View Post
hi jacky

My test is correct.

i used Calcium reactor,and now,the kh is 5.0.

but, K+ level is very low,I will buy a new salifert K to test .
You are doing very well, low nutrient water quality is recommended kh6.5~7.5, K+380~400mg, it is recommended to check Mg, usually the new tank magnesium is easier to consume, it is best to test the salinity Kh Ca Mg K+ together. .
Old 01-13-2019, 10:18 PM
smpysw smpysw 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
The bicolor angel is also know to nip on the corals which will prevent the polyps from coming out. Hopefully yours does not as they can be really individual.

G.Alexander
hi G,
I have kept Bicolor angelfish for more than a year. In the tank, it won't eat coral.

The element content in the tank is very low.
I communicate with my friends,Our analysis suggests that the low elemental content is due to the zeolite.
My aquarium is 370L of water.i used 1L zeolite with 400L flow,but there are only a few corals and fish in the tank,this makes nutrients very low, and zeolite also absorbs a lot of elements.

now,I took out a third of the zeolite,and used calcium reactor to supplement the elements.

I'll keep watching the color of the coral.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:04 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Do you think corals grow? I use Zeo zeolite. In my tank, zeolite does not affect kh. What is the current consumption of kh ca mg? The correct amount and flow of zeolite should keep this.

Changing zeolite also changed nutrient reduction

It is recommended that you track the consumption of the elements to do this, or use a different new test package to cross-check, or test the ro water

Reverse thinking - if there is a high kh problem, do people usually use zeolite to reduce kh? dont you agree

This is just my idea, of course maybe the zeolite caused kh to decrease

Last edited by jacky; 01-13-2019 at 11:22 PM.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:18 AM
smpysw smpysw 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Do you think corals grow? I use Zeo zeolite. In my tank, zeolite does not affect kh. What is the current consumption of kh ca mg? The correct amount and flow of zeolite should keep this.

Changing zeolite also changed nutrient reduction

It is recommended that you track the consumption of the elements to do this, or use a different new test package to cross-check, or test the ro water

Reverse thinking - if there is a high kh problem, do people usually use zeolite to reduce kh? dont you agree

This is just my idea, of course maybe the zeolite caused kh to decrease
I observed that coral did not grow fast.
I think my corals Tissue become linght,have two reason:

1.The elements too low,about KH Ca Mg,and K+;
2.The nutrients in the aquarium are very low.

So,I'm doing two things.
1. Using Calcium Reactor to add elements
2.Adjustment of zeolite content,increase nutrients.
Old 01-14-2019, 02:03 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Usually the new tank is really not so fast, and the coral will first need to adapt to the direction of growth. The low NP of the ocean's NP is healthy, and you should first make the biology more stable and the correct amount of zeolite flow. The only thing I will adjust the flow of the reactor is 1. When I change the zeolite I will do it again to confirm the correct flow. 2. I have encountered a coral TN problem. In general, corals with good PE and polyps grow lighter and become lighter. It is suitable for nutritional supplements and the addition of coloring elements. These are usually after the first replacement of the zeolite. Of course, everyone is not the same tank, after all, I don't fully understand your tank.

Remember that tank is still young and biological bacteria are still changing.

The appearance of those beautiful corals does not change from this tank adaptation, so it is recommended that you slowly slow down and observe the corals. The beautiful corals in the tank vary with the environment, etc. It is usually the first step to maintain low malnutrition water, after which the corals begin to grow.

Discussion, no bad meaning
Old 01-14-2019, 02:25 AM
smpysw smpysw 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Usually the new tank is really not so fast, and the coral will first need to adapt to the direction of growth. The low NP of the ocean's NP is healthy, and you should first make the biology more stable and the correct amount of zeolite flow. The only thing I will adjust the flow of the reactor is 1. When I change the zeolite I will do it again to confirm the correct flow. 2. I have encountered a coral TN problem. In general, corals with good PE and polyps grow lighter and become lighter. It is suitable for nutritional supplements and the addition of coloring elements. These are usually after the first replacement of the zeolite. Of course, everyone is not the same tank, after all, I don't fully understand your tank.

Remember that tank is still young and biological bacteria are still changing.

The appearance of those beautiful corals does not change from this tank adaptation, so it is recommended that you slowly slow down and observe the corals. The beautiful corals in the tank vary with the environment, etc. It is usually the first step to maintain low malnutrition water, after which the corals begin to grow.

Discussion, no bad meaning
HTX jacky,this week,I will replace zeolite for the first time,I'll watch the coral change carefully.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:09 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by smpysw View Post
HTX jacky,this week,I will replace zeolite for the first time,I'll watch the coral change carefully.
You are doing very well, I mean that those beautiful corals are not growing in your tank, and those beautiful corals need to go through many stable conditions and for a while to be so beautiful. The more embarrassing thing is that the tank is really young. The coral in the tank will vary with the conditions, so it is recommended that you do it [step by step]. "Water quality low malnutrition + stable parameters" I think this is the basic condition of the Kz system, the tank is the real start
Old 01-15-2019, 09:31 PM
smpysw smpysw 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
You are doing very well, I mean that those beautiful corals are not growing in your tank, and those beautiful corals need to go through many stable conditions and for a while to be so beautiful. The more embarrassing thing is that the tank is really young. The coral in the tank will vary with the conditions, so it is recommended that you do it [step by step]. "Water quality low malnutrition + stable parameters" I think this is the basic condition of the Kz system, the tank is the real start
Yesterday I tested the elements,KH 5.6 PO4 0.018 K+ 290

The colour of the coral has darkened a little.Polyps hardly expand,But I'm not worried at all,I think corals are adapting to new elements and environments.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:17 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Potassium
7. What oil skimmer are you using (model, rated water volume) - AE CL
23. Which salt brand do you use - TM
Tank about 14 days later

Maybe…, if the value is correct, then the slow increase is good, and the salinity and Mg Kh level

Continue to follow the recommendations in the guidelines and follow the instructions in the guide. When the animal is present in the tank, and replace the first zeolite, it is recommended to replace 5-10% water to refresh the balance.

The first time the zeolite was replaced, the old 50% was replaced, and then one drop of ZeoBac = 100L per day, X10 days. If the coral health can be switched to continuous flow after 2 weeks

Also need G. advice, these are for your reference

Last edited by jacky; 01-15-2019 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:50 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Follow the instructions in the guide,
When changing the zeolite for the first time on the 30th day, keep the old 50%, then 1 drop of ZeoBac = 100L per day, X10 days. It is also recommended to make a 5~10% water change after the animal is present in the tank and before the first change of the zeolite. Refresh element balance
Old Yesterday, 03:15 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

The low K+ level can be the reason why the corals do not show polyps. I would recommend to slowly increase the level to ~ 380 mg using K-Balance Strong. You can dose 3.5 ml 4 x daily but make sure to keep a minimum dosing break between the addition of 2 hours. Please also check if the salt mix you use has a adequate K+ concentration.

The KH is also a little bit low, lets increase it slowly to the range of 6.5 – 7.5 keeping it stabile there.

G.Alexander