zeovit.com Sewatec.de - Reef Supply International  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 New diamond 535 reeftank
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 23
Views: 966
3 Red See Reefer xl425 - Fresh Start
Replies: 2
Views: 44
0 800 l reef change to zeo
Views: 91
0 Pohl's Xtra - Better dosage?
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 18
Views: 561
0 Tank w.vreeswijk
Last Post: W.vreeswijk
Posted On: 06-15-2019
Replies: 342
Views: 51,089
0 GIVEAWAY: Blue Life Safety Stop - Instant Quarantine
Last Post: Premiumaq
Replies: 0
Views: 61
0 Fathers Day Starts NOW - 15% OFF storewide plus MAP specials
Last Post: Premiumaq
Replies: 0
Views: 96
0 Austria Zeovit Reef 2.0
Last Post: Peter.
Posted On: 06-14-2019
Replies: 103
Views: 11,106
0 Zeo-Einsteiger hat Fragen
Last Post: Peter.
Posted On: 06-13-2019
Replies: 39
Views: 2,697
0 pompe doseuse et zeostart
Last Post: apouey
Posted On: 06-13-2019
Views: 897
More...

Old 09-02-2018, 11:01 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuboov's View Post
Thanks a lot for you help, i will follow you instructions. And I will keep you informed regarding dynamic of my reef. One question regarding zeolite media reactor. My flow according to zeovit beginners guide is 420 and 1.5 l of media. Shows I decrease to 1.3 and increase the flow?
Yes, follow the amounts that G.Alexander is giving you, 1.5L media is too much for your tank
Old 09-11-2018, 12:26 PM
Zuboov's Zuboov's 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Hello, everyone!
So, I've brown hair algae yet. I've put the activated carbon in the bag, replaced the 50% of zeovit media, made a water change of about 10%, but the algae did not pay attention to all these movements.
Now I'm getting ready to order products from my shop located abroad (Russia doesn't have a retailer KZ products). What will I need in the near future from KZ products? After the algae are gone (I hope they someday will be gone)? I'm thinking about iodide complex, a-balance, b-balance, k-balance, coral snow plus. What do you think about my choice? Maybe something else? Thanks.

And. I think my rocks are dry.. how long will be my aquarium start?
Old 09-11-2018, 07:10 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

needs time. I suggest you add a herbivore like a snail and manually remove the algae with a brush and add kz coral snow. After the zeolite was replaced, kz bac was added every day, (1 drop = 100 L) for ten days, switched to continuous flow, and the skimmer was slightly adjusted.
Obtain precision instrumentation to measure po4 and ensure that the elements are in the middle. It is recommended to include potassium (k 380~400).

The tank gives it plenty of circulating water, continues the current mode of administration, and enjoys tank changes. Don't make the tank very important. Probably zeo bac,zeo start3,zeo sponge power,zeo zeolite,zeo activated carbon,kz cv,AA,Xtra,PIF,JOD,EISEN,KZ KB,KZ BB,Kz coral snow,kz bio mate
Old 12-11-2018, 12:30 AM
Zuboov's Zuboov's 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Hallo everyone!
I put in my aquarium some frags of SPS. Some of them turned brown. I have measured posphates and it is 0,5ppm. What should I do for reduce that? Biopellets or algae scrubber or antiphos? Or KZ method of keeping corals has ways for reduce phosphates? Thanks.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:35 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

What do you think is the reason for the increase of PO4 ? 0.5 mg is really a lot.

Please also post your actual full dosing regimen and tell us which kind of test kit you have used for PO4.

Are the algae you have mention before are still a problem ?

G.Alexander
Old 12-11-2018, 05:42 AM
Zuboov's Zuboov's 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
What do you think is the reason for the increase of PO4 ? 0.5 mg is really a lot.

Please also post your actual full dosing regimen and tell us which kind of test kit you have used for PO4.

Are the algae you have mention before are still a problem ?

G.Alexander
I don't know about reason bacause I have only one fish and some frags SPS corals. I have adequate value of live rocks and I fully follow your recommends of corals keeping..however I have high concentrates of Calcium approx. 500 and Magnesim approx. 1350-1400 (salifert for Ca and Mg).

I have no 0TDS from my RODI filter. I have 2-4 TDS. Could this be the reason of coral browning?

Last weeks I have following regime:
1ml zeostart everyday (unfortunately I add it only once at day)
5 drops zeobak 2-3 times for a week
5 drops zponge power everyday
2.5ml coral snow 2 times for a week
8ml K balance everyday (now Kalium concentrate is approx. 360ppm)

So, Now I have a little bit algaes on rocks, but tank glasses quick covered (3 days) brown short-hair algae (it's more like a film).
Old 12-11-2018, 11:27 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

It is recommended that Ro water TDS=0, usually not only the problem of PO4, accompanied by the problem of Kh. Let us first exclude the water factor
Old 12-12-2018, 01:01 AM
Zuboov's Zuboov's 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
It is recommended that Ro water TDS=0, usually not only the problem of PO4, accompanied by the problem of Kh. Let us first exclude the water factor
Now I have kH about 6.5
Old 12-12-2018, 02:13 AM
ZEOadmin

Your dosing regimen is OK, the elevated levels of the main water parameters are weird. Which kind of salt do you use and how do you check salinity ?

G.Alexander
Old 12-12-2018, 02:25 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

With RO/DI, TDS=0 is to ensure the purity of the water. Because of the different regions, it is not only the problem of Kh, but even phosphorus or heavy metals. This is why RO/DI is used. (Also affects salinity).

Impure water can also easily lead to the formation of tank algae. So solve the problem of water first.

The higher the TDS of impure water, the more likely it is to cause the formation of tank algae. So solve the problem of water first.

Ca 500, this part also needs to be re-examined, possibly from high salinity, or test agent, or test method error, or impure water

After trying to rule out the impureness of water, check the correct use of Zeo's basic products, lighting time, etc.

The rise of PO4 may also lead to coral browning

Can you give more tank pictures?
Thank you
Old 12-14-2018, 12:04 PM
Zuboov's Zuboov's 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Your dosing regimen is OK, the elevated levels of the main water parameters are weird. Which kind of salt do you use and how do you check salinity?

G.Alexander
I measure with refractometer ATC.
I use Fauna marin salt and Fauna Marin balling method

Best regards!
Old 12-14-2018, 04:01 PM
Zuboov's Zuboov's 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I've risen flow through zeovit reactor from 400 to 475 L/h.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:45 PM
ZEOadmin

This is a older article but still actual about refractometers:

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-12/rhf/index.php

I personally do not trust those hobby refractometers as I have seen so many issues with them and wrong results over the last couple of years. If you have a chance to cross check salinity with a different accurate instrument like the big TopicMarin hydrometer or a electronic device I would recommend to do.

Lets see if the PO4 level slowly comes down over the next couple of weeks with the higher reactor flow, ~ 530 liters would be optimal.

Additional you can dose BioMate because of the PO4 level, 10 drops every other day.

Adjust your skimmer to skim wet and clean it regular to export as much as possible, vacuum the sand to remove the mulm from the deeper sand layers while each water change.

Can you please post a picture of your sump ?

G.Alexander
Old 12-15-2018, 01:05 PM
Zuboov's Zuboov's 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

First of all thanks a lot for your time and help.

Just to clarify everything

Flow The flow through ZEO reactor was to slow (400 l/h) there is, unfortunately, a valve which is not sensitive enough to regulate it gently. So we did managed to increase the flow till 470 l/h
Do we need to increase it further till 530, or wait a bit and increase in a week? To avoid a big jump in parameters.

1. Phosphates measurement tool. We are in the process of ordering HANNA but which one to choose after zeovit forum article about the normal deviation of +- 0.04 in measurement. Expensive one 96713 or 50 bucks 713 or 736 ULR and use formula (multiply 3.066 divide by 1000). Which one provides most reliable reading?
2. We ve had ELOS skimmer before with venturi system and it suppose to be perfect for ZEOVIT system (without impeller) but skimmate amount was really low and we change it for bubble king 160 please see photos. Now there is good thick foam it looks like a more efficient tool.
3. As all of you advanced ZEOVIT users I am sure you can see the problem before testing phosphates just looking on coral coloration. ( I mean we will order Hanna but it will take not less than 2 weeks as we not in US or Europe). That is why please look at a macro photo of corals. For our point of view, monti is good, but acro getting brown. Corals were growing next street from us under Australian LED lightning ORPHEK in the shallow tank. Please see photos below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0446.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	21815   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0419.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	21816   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0404.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	21817   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0424.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	21818   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0415.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	21819   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0440.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	21820   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0442.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	21821   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0443.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	21822   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0450.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	21823   Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-12-15 at 19.15.26.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	21824   Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-12-15 at 17.52.36.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	21825  
Old 12-15-2018, 11:02 PM
ZEOadmin

Thank you for the pictures, lets keep the reactor flow at the moment as it is until getting a PO4 test result. I have no experience with the Hanna Checkers but I have used their photometer for PO4 with excellent results. The readings where always accurate and correspond to the look of the corals.

K+ is still a little bit to low, increase the level slowly to ~ 380 mg.

Does the brown film you have mention continue to grow ?

G.Alexander