zeovit.com Sewatec.de - Reef Supply International  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Tank w.vreeswijk
Last Post: W.vreeswijk
Posted On: Today
Replies: 362
Views: 56,640
4 Phosphate o
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 12
Views: 331
0 New to Zeovit - help with getting started.
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 11
Views: 649
0 Sale & Clearance- Vertex Somatic Package & More!
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 49
0 Cyno bacteria started
Last Post: Russreef
Replies: 18
Views: 380
0 A BALANCE
Last Post: shauli
Replies: 3
Views: 145
0 new to zeovit
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 288
Views: 27,853
0 80gallon Tank Build with Luke
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 08-20-2019
Replies: 14
Views: 2,068
0 Mein Kleines Wohnzimmerriff
Last Post: ArturW33
Replies: 53
Views: 3,415
0 Radion g3 pro x30
Last Post: Omen
Replies: 1
Views: 590
More...

Old 06-11-2019, 10:50 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

I dont have much to learn here. Maybe many places are wrong. I hope I can help you, just like making friends.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:58 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

I read G.Alexander's suggestion carefully, "Change the water"

Potassium is 340ppm, then maybe other elements are believed to be insufficient.

Red sea salt mixture, potassium should not be 340ppm. Even if 5~10% change every week, it should not be only 340ppm

Some activated carbon invades coral tissue and may have stripped certain elements
(water quality, sharp like a knife)

So changing the water is very good, refresh / supplement / balance elements

It should be like this, a little thought
Old 06-13-2019, 12:12 PM
skull skull ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
.. Red sea salt mixture, potassium should not be 340ppm. Even if 5~10% change every week, it should not be only 340ppm

Some activated carbon invades coral tissue and may have stripped certain elements...

Hi Jacky:

Before I moved to zeovit I was running heavy algae scrubbing, this, just like the zeostones is believed to strip K from water, sadly I didn't know this, and never tested for potassium before.

The core of the problem:
I always perfomed only 5% WC, this was 'cause I was using Red Sea Coral Pro Salt (I was told not to use this salt on ULNS tanks, but I was not commited to change this, until I realized of the whole problem).
RSCP is a great salt I believe, just like red sea blue bucket, but with Coral Pro I was not able to do more than 5% WC every week, or that would impact my kH and CA, in this way I was not able to rise the K, and it was already getting lower and lower because of the heavy scrubbing, and I wasn't dosing K neither, because of this...I believe I completely stripped the K from the water, or at least lowered my K to 300ppm.

I started to use the blue bucket about 1 month ago, with 10% WC every week. K value on both Red Sea salts is ok, I measured both and they are at 400ppm, clearly.

Right now I am stabilizing my K (reaching 390ppm now) and want to wait some weeks to see if I notice any good changes on the corals...plus..dosing some XTRA to help the corals.
Yesterday for example I started to notice a very small pigments of red/violet color on the tips of my Bonzai Acropora, so I believe I am on the right path.
Old 06-16-2019, 09:05 AM
jacky jacky ثeu
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by skull View Post
Hi Jacky:

Before I moved to zeovit I was running heavy algae scrubbing, this, just like the zeostones is believed to strip K from water, sadly I didn't know this, and never tested for potassium before.

The core of the problem:
I always perfomed only 5% WC, this was 'cause I was using Red Sea Coral Pro Salt (I was told not to use this salt on ULNS tanks, but I was not commited to change this, until I realized of the whole problem).
RSCP is a great salt I believe, just like red sea blue bucket, but with Coral Pro I was not able to do more than 5% WC every week, or that would impact my kH and CA, in this way I was not able to rise the K, and it was already getting lower and lower because of the heavy scrubbing, and I wasn't dosing K neither, because of this...I believe I completely stripped the K from the water, or at least lowered my K to 300ppm.

I started to use the blue bucket about 1 month ago, with 10% WC every week. K value on both Red Sea salts is ok, I measured both and they are at 400ppm, clearly.

Right now I am stabilizing my K (reaching 390ppm now) and want to wait some weeks to see if I notice any good changes on the corals...plus..dosing some XTRA to help the corals.
Yesterday for example I started to notice a very small pigments of red/violet color on the tips of my Bonzai Acropora, so I believe I am on the right path.
It looks really great, everything is fine, moving in the right direction

In addition, using Zeo's activated carbon will be more suitable