zeovit.com Vertex  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Zeo-Einsteiger hat Fragen
Last Post: Bugger
Posted On: Today
Replies: 59
Views: 5,827
0 New System
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 78
Views: 6,262
0 Zeospur
Last Post: cflow
Replies: 7
Views: 167
0 GIVEAWAY: AlgaeFree Hammerhead Plus Magnet Scraper
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 1
Views: 118
0 GIVEAWAY: Reef Octopus classic 90 HOB Protein Skimmer
Views: 167
0 GIVEAWAY: Sicce Syncra SDC Unboxing
Views: 263
0 Question regarding media in reactor
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 2
Views: 137
0 GIVEAWAY: Danner Supreme EZ Clean 55 External Aquarium Filter
Posted On: 08-23-2019
Replies: 0
Views: 84
0 Aquatic Life RO/DI SALE + MJ1200's for less then $20
Posted On: 08-22-2019
Replies: 0
Views: 129
0 Tank w.vreeswijk
Last Post: W.vreeswijk
Posted On: 08-22-2019
Replies: 362
Views: 57,623
More...
Old 06-08-2019, 07:38 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

The appearance of the corals
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-06-09 08.36.29.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	22281  
Old 06-08-2019, 11:09 PM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Hello Jacky, the longer a system is running the more stabile is the biology so it will take some time before you notice a decrease of growth and coloration. If you start dosing the “coloration” elements again start just with 50% of the quantity you have used before when the algae have gone.

G.Alexander
Old 06-09-2019, 08:24 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Yes, I found that biology is getting more and more stable

Ok, when the nuisance problem of algae gets more comprehensive improvement, I will start with a 1/2 coloring dose according to the appearance of the coral, and pay attention to the algae situation.

Thank you G.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:11 PM
Bugger Bugger 目前線上
ZEOdabbler

Are you using snails? It usually takes one snail per gallon.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:37 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Hello Bugger

Yes, there are 2 left in the snail. The problem of algae nuisance has been solved for some time. Thank you for your concern.
Old 08-14-2019, 10:14 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

And I am giving the "coloring" element, the coral is healthy/good growth, and some of the new growing parts of the coral are about to touch.

Xtra, AA, CV, Booster, PIF, Zeo Iron, BB, Coral coloring is very good.

I originally had an staghorn coral. It was originally in a bad state and has recently become healthy. With the increase and adjustment of coloring elements (no fixed dose), it will indirectly affect the performance of other corals.

The dose plan is about this, it has been going on for about 2~3 weeks.

CV 12 drops to 18 drops per day
AA 6 drops per day, Coral appearance adjustment, may be changed to 3 times a week later
Xtra 6ml, daily
PIF6 drops, 3 times to 4 times a week
Zeo iron 3 drops, once a week. Recently I want to start increasing the dose.
Booste+flat 3ml mix, 2 times a week
BB6ml, 3 times a week

In this dose, Xtra AA CV Booster+Flat PIF Zeo iron, for high doses, will last for 3 days.

The dose is not fixed, I know that my dose should be too much, the coral is really affected by the elements, the tissue is slightly darker, but the appearance is acceptable.

The water quality was tested yesterday, Kh 7.5 Ca400 K+400, PO4=0, Mg was not measured (5~10% water change per week), and NO3 was not measured. And slightly adjusted the Ca addition set dose

The appearance of the sand, the coral algae slightly increased, the appearance of the sand was reddish, and the coral algae attached to the sand.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:25 PM
ZEOadmin

Corals are the best parameter if it comes to dosing the coloration elements Jacky, glad to hear your system is doing fine. Especially the dosage of the coloration elements can change from time to time depending to the corals, for example if the growth does increase more elements are consumed so you can increase the dosage a little bit.

G.Alexander
Old 08-15-2019, 01:16 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

https://youtu.be/I-mFKOokkng

Mobile phone recording video, I still don't have a good camera
Old 08-15-2019, 02:57 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Corals are the best parameter if it comes to dosing the coloration elements Jacky, glad to hear your system is doing fine. Especially the dosage of the coloration elements can change from time to time depending to the corals, for example if the growth does increase more elements are consumed so you can increase the dosage a little bit.

G.Alexander
Ok, thank you G. Coral growth = elemental consumption. I also noticed more consumption of Kh Ca, such as Ca420 to 400, I have always been on record. In the coloring element part, the current dose is gradually increasing, and it is always not enough (determined by the coral appearance target). I am thinking about adding fish, or putting sand in batches. An additional idea is to consider 1/2 dose Xtra Special (always keep unused)

In addition, I observed that when I change the water by 5% per week, the overall coral color seems to be slightly lighter than the next day, rather than gorgeous. Maybe the concentration of the coloring additive has decreased? (I have been thinking about this question, why the coral color looks a little lighter the next day after changing the water, Kh Ca Mg does not swing). And when I add the daily coloring agent, the coral becomes more vivid.

I am thinking about a question, should I delay the change of water? Change to 5~10% for 2 weeks

This video is the next day after changing the water, the coral should have been more vivid (really a great color, personal taste)

In addition, when I added more coloring elements, I found that the corals did become slightly darker. How do I keep the colors instead of dark? Maybe I should increase the dose of BB? (Currently BB6ml, 3 times a week) PO4 is always 0.
Old 08-16-2019, 12:01 AM
ZEOadmin

Hallo Jacky, if coral coloration is always to light you might indeed add a couple of fish. You can also try to shorten the intensive lighting period, a overrated skimmer is another idea which can cause it.

If you do a 5% water change corals getting more lighter tissue the next day ? Do you add anything like CO2 to the fresh mixed slat to get it dissolved quicker ?

G.Alexander
Old 08-16-2019, 01:01 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Hallo Jacky, if coral coloration is always to light you might indeed add a couple of fish. You can also try to shorten the intensive lighting period, a overrated skimmer is another idea which can cause it.

If you do a 5% water change corals getting more lighter tissue the next day ? Do you add anything like CO2 to the fresh mixed slat to get it dissolved quicker ?

G.Alexander
Hello G.Alexander

If you do 5% water change, the coral will become lighter the next day? (Yes, a feeling). Do you add carbon dioxide and other substances to the fresh mixing slats to dissolve them faster? (No, mix salt + water, never use any other method)

I changed the water by 5% on Sunday.
The next day, Monday. The color of the corals all become lighter (a feeling)

As the daily coloring dose is added, it usually starts to become bright on Thursday.

Salinity, parameters, always remain stable, even 5% (not much).

The current coral feels to me is that I have to add CV, Xtra, AA, and even PIF every day to maintain the gorgeous appearance of the coral. (I am doing this too)

So I will consider the idea of ​​increasing the Zeo iron dose, 3 drops to 6 drops, once or twice a week.

So I will consider increasing the number of fish.
Sand, or use Xtra Special, the idea.

The meaning is that the tank is a bit "clean" and I want to increase the nutritional load slightly. I found that if the tank is a bit "dirty," the coral's performance is gorgeous.

N/P is always unmeasurable, water quality parameters are always stable, corals look good, and at this stage, stored nutrients are depleted, and the low amount used by Bak / Food7 / Start proves coral-intensive.

Tank did come to ULNS, but
Coral color does not seem to be intensive
Zeo basic products do have a low number of ZeoBac and SP, 3 drops 2 times a week, Start 0.3ml x2, daily.

I have another extra idea, 1~2hr after the light source is turned off, starting with the 1/2 dose, consider adding 3ml Xtra Special, and then performing the daily addition before the morning light is turned on.

The whole system and overestimated skimmer, currently feels like "output > input"
Old 08-16-2019, 05:34 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

https://youtu.be/gD6dDKxXgGk

This is the video of today's Friday. There is no blue light in the white light. In fact, the color of the scene is even better (the lights are all on). G. Can you give me some advice if you like it? Thank you
Old 08-16-2019, 12:23 PM
Silent Silent 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Jacky, your corals are looking good. I personally think they appear a little light but I think that is due to the background being so light. Everything looks light. I bet if you had a dark background the corals would standout more.

Silent
Old 08-16-2019, 10:58 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent View Post
Jacky, your corals are looking good. I personally think they appear a little light but I think that is due to the background being so light. Everything looks light. I bet if you had a dark background the corals would standout more.

Silent
Thank you. In fact, the coral performance looks really good, "black background" = I understand your narrative meaning. The coral is a bit light, can you give me some advice as you like?

Yesterday I tried Xtra12ml, ZeoAA12 drops.
Old 08-16-2019, 11:07 PM
ZEOadmin

Increasing the number of fish and with it the nutrients is something I would try first. You will not be able to measure a increase of PO4 or NO3 as it is consumed very quick bit it might improve a more intensive coral coloration. Personally I would also try another skimmer temporary, maybe you can borrow another one from a friend.

G.Alexander