View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 03:36 PM
Huntindawg Huntindawg ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Default New Tank Build - Red Sea Reefer 750XXL

going to start a new SPS only tank and with the good experience I am having with the conversion to Zeovit on my 525 I am going to start this one from scratch on Zeovit. I will have some challenges as I am going to go with no sand on the bottom so that I can keep it very clean with high and turbulent flows. There will be no live rock in the system. I am attaching a photo of the structure that I had made to grow the coral on. In the sump I will be using a few Marine Pure blocks for bacteria growth that I am already pre-seeding with bacteria from my other zeovit system. I understand this may slow the process but I think this will be good over time.

Please see the picture of the coral mount system and you will see why I am not adding live rock in the tank.

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter. 165Gallon tank 40 gallon sump

2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter 200 gals

3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique - No

4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) - no
5. Are you using Ozone - no
6. Are you using UV - no
7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) Red Sea 900
8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels - not started
9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels - not started, plan for All 7.0, CAL 420, Mg 1350
10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) Marine Pure blocks

11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) 4-Red Sea Reefsoec90 @15K

12. What corals do you keep - All SPS
13. Tissue color (light or dark) - none in yet
14. How long has the tank been running - new start up
15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system - Success with other system. Has the mechanism to deal with N and P that other systems do not offer
16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) - only KZ products
17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) - NONE
18. Any present problems - no - new start
19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)
20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.)
21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)
22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.). 1.026
23. Which salt brand do you use - Tropic Marin Pro Reef
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0853.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	22292