zeovit.com

zeovit.com (http://www.zeovit.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion - English (http://www.zeovit.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Switching to Zeovit 50g (http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37502)

brandon0350 02-08-2019 09:28 AM

Switching to Zeovit 50g

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter
Display 50g sump 20g
2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter
50g net volume
3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique
Vertex CaRx and kalkwasser doser hourly by dosing pump
4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.)
No
5. Are you using Ozone
No
6. Are you using UV
Yes 24/7 to combat prior dinoflagellate outbreak
7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume)
Deltec 1351
8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels
NO3 15ppm
PO4 .14ppm
9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels
7.0 dkh
410 ppm Ca
1400 ppm Mg
10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.)
3 8x8x2 ceramic biomedia blocks
11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.)
250w radium, 4 24w ati blue+, reefbrite XHO
12. What corals do you keep
Acropora only
13. Tissue color (light or dark)
Some dark, some pale
14. How long has the tank been running
5 months
15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system
Lower nutrients that are controllable and better acropora coloration
16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.)
Acropower amino acid 10ml/ week
17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.)
Ceramic man made structure
18. Any present problems
Acropora coloration and previously dinoflagellates
19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)
Poor coloration
20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.)
Hanna dkh and phosphate
Redsea ca, mg
Salifert NO3 and K
21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)
N/A
22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.)
1.025, 78, 410 k all parameters kept stable with daily/ weekly testing and apex control
23. Which salt brand do you use
NSW provided by Scripps institute of Oceanography

brandon0350 02-08-2019 09:31 AM

I ordered zeostones, zeoback, zeostart, sponge power, and CV. I would like help with starting dose and steps to successfully switch to the zeovit system. Thank you

Bugger 02-08-2019 08:44 PM

I dose Sp every day
Coral snow everyday to avoid cyano
Use your start 3 at about .4 ml everyday
Cv twice a week and you don't have to stay brand loyal do your water changes or triton and feed corals daily with multi products
Remember your tank can be more stable and healthier then the wild do good for your corals heavy in heavy out

G.Alexander 02-08-2019 10:42 PM

I would recommend you to start as follows:

First start with the basics products to decrease nutrients:

1. Place 0.5 liter zeovit in a Zeo Reactor. Water flow around 50 US gallons per hour. Connect the reactor pump to a clock timer and run the reactor pump with a 3 hour on / 3 hour off / 3 hour on interval. Please make sure the zeolite is not exposed to air while the pump is switched off. Clean the material daily. Leave the zeolite 4 weeks in the filter until you do the first change out. This is the first changing interval, others could be lengthen to 6 – 8 weeks.

2. Place 0.2 liters activated carbon in a filter sock and keep it in a passive water flow in your sump, changed every 30 days. Knead the carbon daily to keep the surface clean. Most users get perfect results with korallenzucht carbon.

3. Dose 2 drops ZeoBac daily for the first 2 weeks, flowed by a 2 – 3 x weekly dosage of 2 drops. Dose 0.2 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily (morning & evening). Dose those in front of the Zeo reactor pump while it is switched on. As you already have BioMate you can dose 2 drops daily additional. CoralVitalizer can be used later if the system runs nutrient poor stabile. If you like to give it a try before you can dose 4 drops 2 x weekly.

Later on you could use the additional products for coral coloration. Adjust your skimmer to skim wet, keeping it clean to export as much as possible. Do a weekly water change of 5 – 10 % with a good salt.

Basic water parameters looking good, try to keep them as stabile as possible close the NSW in the following ranges:

KH 6.5 – 7.5
Ca 400 – 420 mg
Mg 1250 – 1300 mg
K+ ~ 380 mg

For a nutrient poor environment K+ (potassium) seems to be a important element. I would recommend you to get a test kit for this element also, posting your results.

Kalkwasser is not ideal, my recommendation is to add KH and Ca in a different way (dosing / CaCO2 reactor):

https://zeovit.com/forums/showpost.p...34&postcount=5

Later on you can also remove the ceramic filter medium step by step.

Please keep also in mind that UV is not compatible with the system. If you like to keep it because of your Dino treatment switch it off for 2 or 3 hours while dosing.

This is a start-up dosage which might have to be adjusted later.

G.Alexander

jacky 02-08-2019 11:48 PM

Kalkwasser = limewater

Calcium in calcium hydroxide will directly form carbonate precipitates with carbonate in seawater.

Will cause a sharp rise in pH

Precipitation of calcium phosphate, attached to the foundation material, etc. converted to algae

Relying on Zeo's method, maybe another kind of bacteria, it will be eliminated, not just precipitated.

Probably this way

brandon0350 02-10-2019 10:37 AM

Is the 3 hour on/ 3 hour off required? I was planning on feeding the zeo reactor off a manifold with a gate valve and flow meter to get exact flow.

brandon0350 02-10-2019 10:38 AM

Also, the kalwasser is mainly to help with increased ph. Kh and Ca are supplied via Calcium Reactor. I fear if I take the kalwasser offline, the ph will drop to around 7.8-8.0

jacky 02-10-2019 11:01 AM

Hello brandon0350, I think PH = 7.8 ~ 8.0 should still be in the normal level.

"3 hours / 3 hours of rest", it is suitable for system conversion, or when the tank exists in animals

Let the slow changes of biology and bacteria gradually adapt to the animal

brandon0350 02-11-2019 04:39 PM

i placed an order for an Eheim 79gph pump to feed the zeovit reactor. Im sure it will arrive early next week. Would there be any benefit to start dosing zeostart and zeobak to the system before the reactor is up and running?

jacky 02-11-2019 09:33 PM

Zeobak
This is a source of bacteria used to colonize zeolites, live stones and/or sand beds to help reduce nutrients.

ZeoStart helps to breed nitrifying bacteria that essentially "eat" phosphate and nitrate. Zeostart works with zeobak (bacterial food) and zeobak is used with zeolite.

Running a zeolite-free zeovit system will not work at full capacity, and when the zeolite is expelled and no longer suitable for use, the coral will look faded.

Zeovit is a system that combines bacterial sources to help get rid of excess nutrients in the system

G.Alexander 02-12-2019 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandon0350 (?? 343126)
i placed an order for an Eheim 79gph pump to feed the zeovit reactor. Im sure it will arrive early next week. Would there be any benefit to start dosing zeostart and zeobak to the system before the reactor is up and running?

I would also wait until you are able to run the reactor. If you like to start dosing before you can add 2 drops ZeoBac every three days and 0.2 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily. If you add the reactor dose ZeoBac daily for 10 days even if you dosed some drops before.

G.Alexander

brandon0350 02-14-2019 09:53 AM

Removed UV sterilizer yesterday. Pump for zeo reactor is arriving today. Will be running the recommended 3 hours on, 3 hours off. At what point will I switch to constant on? How fast should I see nutrients drop? During this initial switch to zeo, the only additives I should be dosing are zeobak and zeostart correct? Once the system stabilizes, I can dose other additives such as SP and CV as needed correct? Is there any other additives highly recommended for acropora only tank? I'd like to order them ahead of time and create a daily dosing chart so I can have the best chance of success. Thank you

jacky 02-14-2019 06:05 PM

Zeo Vit stays in the filter for 4 weeks until you change it for the first time. This is the first replacement interval.[ Within 2 weeks after replacing 50% ZeoVit. This can probably be used as a dividing lineAfter the exchange ], Zeo Bac 1 drop per day = 100L = 25 US gallons, do 10 days dose

At this point, the continuous flow is switched, and the zeolite barrel flow is about 300 liters to 400 liters per hour to 1 liter of ZeoVit (not more than 400 liters).
After that, usually low malnutrition, coral tissue will become lighter, polyps grow, good PE

Zeo CV Low malnutrition water quality, coral polyps growth Tissue becomes lighter and can be added. 1 drop = 100L = 25 US gallons
Can be dosed twice a week, 4 drops each time

Zeo SP can be taken 3 times a week, or every other day, 1 drop = 100L = 25 US gallons

* With low malnutrition water quality, potassium seems to be a very important element, usually K+ 380 ~ 400

Are there any other additives that are strongly recommended for use only in acropora tanks? (Sorry, I don't know)

The above may be like this

G.Alexander 02-15-2019 02:10 AM

If your corals are doing well you can switch the ZeoVit reactor flow to continuous flow about 2 weeks after the first ZeoVit exchange.

At the moment I would recommend you to just dose ZeoBac, ZeoStart and additional 2 drops SpongePower every other day.

G.Alexander

brandon0350 02-17-2019 03:15 PM

Updated system parameters
35 ppt
7.9 -8.2 ph
7.1 kh
420 Ca
1320 Mg
385 K
No3 2.5
Po4 .05

Current zeo schedule
Zeobak 2 drop in morning
Zeostart .4ml daily
Sp 2 drop every other day
Pump stones in morning and again after lights off both times while zeo reactor is running

Bulb change is coming up soon as I am reaching 1 year of age on my halide and t5 tubes. I'm thinking it would be a good idea to delay the bulb change until the system is fully switched to zeo.

One question, should my N03 and PO4 reach zero or is there a good number the system should be maintained at? I'm worried because if available nutrients in the system reach zero, would a few drops of SP be enough for coral nutrition? I only have 5 fish in the system and feel if I feed them more I will just pollute the tank.