zeovit.com Vertex  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 200 gallon switch to Zeovit
Last Post: kosiarek84
Posted On: Today
Replies: 176
Views: 12,047
0 New ZeoVit tank
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 15
Views: 233
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Replies: 225
Views: 20,507
0 Day 9 of 14 day Zeocycle
Replies: 8
Views: 167
0 Zeovit - Werte permanent zu niedrig
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 9
Views: 477
0 help with us please
Replies: 10
Views: 371
0 GIVEAWAY: NEW! ME Coral Frag Plugs
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 22
0 40B Reef Journal
Replies: 9
Views: 219
0 Trying to lower Phosphate
Replies: 60
Views: 4,231
0 You Have Till Midnight- 12% OFF Veterans Day SALE
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 11-12-2018
Replies: 0
Views: 62
More...

Old 10-22-2018, 11:18 PM
ycnibrc ycnibrc 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Thanks so much for your help will do water change and see if nutrients decrease.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:41 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

You are welcome, these are just my small suggestions, please also follow the advice of G.Alexander is the best.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:03 AM
ycnibrc ycnibrc 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Lol he must be on vacation ....:-)
Old 10-23-2018, 04:44 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

I would like to review your dosing regimen, therefore it is important to know the net water volume of the system. I am still not sure about the total volume of your system, is this:

400 US gallons Tank
+ 120 US gallons Sump
./. 20% for Sand / Rocks

= 400 US gallons

G.Alexander
Old 10-23-2018, 10:15 AM
ycnibrc ycnibrc 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

[QUOTE=G.Alexander;340762]I would like to review your dosing regimen, therefore it is important to know the net water volume of the system. I am still not sure about the total volume of your system, is this:

400 US gallons Tank
+ 120 US gallons Sump
./. 20% for Sand / Rocks

= 400 US gallons

G.Alexander[/QUOTE

Hi Greg
The tank is 96"x36"x24" which equal to 360g, the sump is 120g and the frag tank is 30g so minus the rock, Corals, fish, equipment I think the final volume is 360g. From the start I use this volume to determine the dosage 360:26=13.84 so I dose 13 drops except for zeobak n zeostart3.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:16 AM
ycnibrc ycnibrc 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

The sump is 120g full but the water is below half way.
This video will let u see the equipment

https://youtu.be/NN0cGWePUNQ
Old 10-23-2018, 10:27 AM
ycnibrc ycnibrc 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

I start this tank 18 months ago and from the start I dose zeobak, zeostart3, sponge power, flatworm stop, Coral vitalizer. The only thing I don't do is the zeolite With a reactor. The tank is doing great however I run high nutrients No3 10ppm n Po4 0.15. Even with those number I have no problem with algae except occasionally the red cyano on the sand.
Now I want to take my tank to the next level so I decide to go full zeovit with the zeolite rock. I just recently add the vibe zeo reactor and now I'm trying to lower the nutrients and alk to NSW. I also dose pohl extra to lighten the color and Coral snow plus to clear the water and reducing phosphate.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:09 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Thank, as you recently started with ZeoVit I would recommend you to continue as follows:

First of all I would recommend to download the dosing guide from:

http://www.korallen-zucht.de/files/z..._english-1.pdf

It contains a lot of useful information and will be helpful to get a feeling for the dosage.

First start with the basics products to decrease nutrients:

1. Place 3.5 liter zeovit in a Zeo Reactor. Water flow around 360 US gallons per hour. Connect the reactor pump to a clock timer and run the reactor pump with a 3 hour on / 3 hour off / 3 hour on interval. Please make sure the zeolite is not exposed to air while the pump is switched off. Clean the material daily. Leave the zeolite 4 weeks in the filter until you do the first change out. This is the first changing interval, others could be lengthen to 6 8 weeks.

2. Place 1.4 liters activated carbon in a filter sock and keep it in a passive water flow in your sump, changed every 30 days. Knead the carbon daily to keep the surface clean. Most users get perfect results with korallenzucht carbon.

3. Dose 14 drops ZeoBac daily for the first 2 weeks, flowed by a 2 3 x weekly dosage of 14 drops. Dose 1.4 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily (morning & evening). Dose those in front of the Zeo reactor pump while it is switched on. As you already own SpongePower you can dose 14 drops every other day additional.

Later on you could use the additional products for coral coloration. At the moment they are not necessary. Adjust your skimmer to skim wet, keeping it clean to export as much as possible. Do a weekly water change of 5 10 % with a good salt.

A UV system is not compatible to the system so I would recommend to switch it off.

Basic water parameters looking good, try to keep them as stabile as possible close the NSW in the following ranges:

KH 6.5 7.5
Ca 400 420 mg
Mg 1250 1300 mg
K+ ~ 380 mg

This is a start-up dosage which might have to be adjusted later.

G.Alexander
Old 10-24-2018, 10:55 AM
ycnibrc ycnibrc 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Hi Greg
I have been dosing zeobak, zeostart3, sponge power, flatworm stop and Coral vitalizer for 18 months. I just start adding the zeolight rock last week and dose pohl extra n Coral snow plus. My goal is to lighten the color to archive the zeovit look.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:51 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Hello ycnibrc, G. At #38, reduce nutrition. Temporarily stop or reduce 1/2 supplemental nutrients when you have measurable nutrients. Starting from the KZ base products, they will help reduce nutrients in a balanced way.

In order not to let your nutrient level drop too fast, and you are not fully aware of your tank system processing capacity load, so give 3 open 3 off, let the strain spread on the zeolite, and also provide time to adapt the coral .

It is not clear what your dose is, and you have not fully explained it. What makes me wonder is that there should be no high nutrition from the content you add.

So it doesn't matter, you can start with G.#38 and watch the changes in NP.

It may also be good to know if too much sediment, or overfeeding, or too much supplementation of nutrient doses.

This may take a while, and I believe that as long as #38 is done, nutrients will naturally lower your goals.

When the nutrients are slowly decreasing, don't forget to check the appropriate level of recommendation for each element, and adjust them slowly with K+~380.

During this time, you can learn about the added value of the features and functionality of individual products.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:03 PM
ycnibrc ycnibrc 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

My dosing schedule
Zeobak 4 drops per day=28 drops per week
Zeostart3 2.8ml per day 2x1.4ml
Sponge power MWF 10 drops
Flatworm TThSat 10ml
CV MWF 10 drops
Pohl Xtra TThSat 10ml
Coral snow plus Sun 14ml
Old 10-24-2018, 12:20 PM
ycnibrc ycnibrc 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

I turn off UV and change carbon yesterday
Alk 7.5
No3 0.16
Po4 5-10 ppm
Cal 440
Mag 1400
These are measure this morning. Alk was 8.9 and No3 was 0.25
Old 10-24-2018, 12:24 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Thank you for letting G. provide advice. Do you have any additional additions, your corals are beautiful, my corals are still working hard, I am a bit shy. I am just providing small suggestions and ideas.
Old 10-24-2018, 01:00 PM
ycnibrc ycnibrc 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Thanks Jacky when people look at my tank they don't recognize that I run zeovit lol because the corals look dark n deep color. So I want to archive the zeo look. My corals are healthy and growing now I just need to tweak the colors. I never try the zeolite rock until now so I want to see if the mum release will help with polyps extension. I have a few angel fish in the tank so pe is not very good.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:23 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycnibrc View Post
Thanks Jacky when people look at my tank they don't recognize that I run zeovit lol because the corals look dark n deep color. So I want to archive the zeo look. My corals are healthy and growing now I just need to tweak the colors. I never try the zeolite rock until now so I want to see if the mum release will help with polyps extension. I have a few angel fish in the tank so pe is not very good.
Thanks to ycnibrc, indeed, the fish has some influence on the coral PE, but I think it should be no problem, really do #38, I believe you will see the original healthy side of the coral, and look forward to your share again to share with us.