zeovit.com Vertex  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 100g SPS Tank
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 89
Views: 6,700
0 A restart
Last Post: blackizzz
Replies: 169
Views: 16,173
0 Zeo Product Dosing
Last Post: scybulski
Replies: 0
Views: 60
0 changing to full zeo,need some advice and help
Last Post: wangsz
Replies: 21
Views: 318
0 Farbgebung verbessern
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 7
Views: 180
0 GIVEAWAY: NEW! Kessil A360X and Spectral Controller X
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 29
0 Zeo-Testbecken
Last Post: Holger83
Replies: 2
Views: 62
0 Neues Becken
Last Post: Holger83
Replies: 2
Views: 353
0 What color is coral snow plus supposed to be
Last Post: markalex
Replies: 1
Views: 135
0 hope to start new tank with zeovit
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 51
Views: 3,289
More...
Old 07-02-2018, 06:43 PM
johntekin johntekin 目前離線
ZEOhead

Sorry to bother GA, but a couple more questions:

1 - When I get my microscope, do I just put some of the algae on the slide and then look at it under the microscope?

2 - Now that I do not have any corals, would it be good to reduce the time and intensity of my LED lights?

3 - Should I only be dosing Start, Bak and Sponge Power now? Should I stop dosing everything else?

4 - As far as recent changes, a couple weeks ago I added a chiller and a new fresh water / auto top off container. Is it possible that the new plastic in both of those is causing the problem? I am not sure what to do about the plastic hose, but I can get rid of the auto top off container and go back to a 5 gallon bucket...?
Old 07-02-2018, 10:08 PM
Daddio Daddio 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntekin View Post

I have now lost all my corals. They all died off as the brown bacteria/algae has taken over my reef. All the fish are doing fine (though the snails are not very happy - acting weird), but 100% of my corals are dead or very close to dead. I assume this is due to dino's but I am not sure. I have never had an issue like this before.

All my perimeters are in an ideal state. PO4 is 0. Ca is 400 and Alk is 7.5. It is very frustrating to have lost thousands of dollars in corals, but now I just want to get rid of whatever this brown stuff is.

Now that I no longer have any coral, is there any aggressive action I can take to get rid of this stuff? Should I continue to dose zeobak, zeostart and spounge power? Any recommendations on changes in dosing?

Thanks!
So sorry for the loss of all your corals, how heart-breaking
Old 07-03-2018, 04:25 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

I have just picked up some with a pipette directly from the substrate and placed it on the microscopes object slide. You do not need a high tech microscope therefore.

Some additional common things which can be observed if Dinos are present:

They do completely disappear while the lights are off growing back quick when the lights are switched on in the morning again.

Water can become cloudy.

If you switch off all current for 10 minutes or so you can observe they are forming strings floating through the water.

In your case it might be the best to totally darken the system for 4 days, usually this helps to get rid of them. Make also sure they do not get indirect light from the room.

Keep on dosing Bac, Start and Sponge as before and additional dose 3 ml / 25 US gallons Coral Snow pure daily while the light blackout.

G.Alexander