zeovit.com Premium Aquatics  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Salt question
Last Post: scybulski
Posted On: Today
Replies: 29
Views: 339
0 HELP? Nitrate issues
Last Post: Blake10
Replies: 2
Views: 63
0 Is this dino?
Last Post: ohashimz
Views: 56
0 Deep Blue Shallow 30 Cube
Last Post: Spacetime
Replies: 45
Views: 2,196
0 ZeoBac Frozen
Last Post: gguertin145
Replies: 1
Views: 38
0 New ZEOvit tank, Algae issues
Last Post: shredded
Replies: 54
Views: 2,088
0 Pumpen fr den Kz Absch酳mer S
Last Post: sps_muc
Views: 134
0 One year with Zeovit
Last Post: Acamp
Replies: 28
Views: 4,085
0 my new thank....
Last Post: blueyedson
Replies: 126
Views: 7,927
0 Dinoflagellate sharing thread
Last Post: ohashimz
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 17
Views: 218
More...
Old 12-11-2017, 01:08 PM
Mallard Mallard 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Default New to Zeovit

Hey,

I'm looking to start my first zeovit tank and I'm looking for some direction on which products to use. I've ordered my first batch of products to cycle the tank. What I'm curious about is which products to start using after the tank has gone through it's cycle and when. I've seen a number of tanks running Zeo and the products they use, but I don't want to order products I may not need for 6 months or more. However, it is currently on sale here and I'd love to take advantage if I can.

Also, I purchased ZEOfood over sponge power for the cycle. Any issues with this course of action? Otherwise, I can purchase SP and use that instead.

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter: 150 US gallons
2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter: 135 US gallons *approximately (not wet yet)
3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique: Kalkwasser and a calcium reactor
4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.): No
5. Are you using Ozone: No
6. Are you using UV: Plumbed but I'm only planning to use it in the event of a parasite outbreak
7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume): Bubble King Double Cone 200 w/ RD3 (up to 264 US gallons)
8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels: N/A
9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels: N/A
10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.): Berlin sump with a skimmer and following the zeovit method
11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.): Giesemann Spectra 48" T5/MH hybrid (led's may be added to the current setup later)
12. What corals do you keep: Mainly SPS with some LPS mixed in
13. Tissue color (light or dark): N/A
14. How long has the tank been running: Not currently running
15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system: I'm looking for great SPS growth and color
16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.): Plankton on an autodoser and likely other coral/fish foods
17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.): 80 - 100 pounds of pukani, originally dry but it's been curing for over a year and had live rock mixed in with it
18. Any present problems: N/A
19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.): N/A
20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.): Hanna alk and phosphate, salifert calcium, mag, and potassium. Eventually, I'll order the Apex Trident when it becomes available.
21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.): N/A
22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.): Salinity will be kept at 1.026, temp 77F
23. Which salt brand do you use: RPM Fritz, but I'm not tied to it.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:49 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Hi Mallard

Would recommend you to cycle the system as follows:

http://zeovit.com/forums/showpost.ph...60&postcount=7

Dosing calculation is done based on the net water volume of the complete system.

Usually those basic components listed in the link are the products which are used for a couple of month until the cycle is complete. Than if the system runs nutrient poor stabile you can add several additional elements to improve coloration and growth.

There are some “problem solvers” additional like CoralsSnow, CyanoClean etc. which can be used if necessary additional.

Before adding corals after the cycle check the potassium level of your system as this is a important element in a nutrient poor system. A level of ~ 380 mg is ideal.

Personally I would not use Kalkwasser:

http://zeovit.com/forums/showpost.ph...34&postcount=5

Please also keep in mind that neither ozone nor UV are compatible with the system. Both can be used temporary and switched of while dosing for a couple of hours if they have to be used.

G.Alexander
Old 12-13-2017, 08:03 AM
FraysReef FraysReef 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

---------------------
Welcome to Zeovit
---------------------

I'm 3 months in I ran the basic 4 until 2 months where I had a Diatom issue so started Coral snow let us know if you need any help
Old 12-13-2017, 01:41 PM
Mallard Mallard 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Thanks, I finally got the last (hopefully) pieces of plumbing in today. My hope is that I can finish that up in the next few days and start leak testing over the weekend.

I'm not tied to kalkwasser as it was mainly a cheaper method to start with until the tank really needed a calcium reactor and to help with the pH. But I can fire it up sooner than I had initially planned, no problem. While the issues described by using kalkwasser don't quite make sense in that it is assuming a linear path of PO4 being trapped and untrapped, I want to follow a proven path to success. Maybe down the line I can incorporate it if I'm having trouble with my pH.

As for the various supplements, I went ahead and ordered the smaller versions of what I assumed I'd eventually want. It was 25% off with 10% cash back in the form of points. At least I'll have it when/if I need it. I'll start an actual build thread once things get wet with any further questions. I do appreciate the help. There is a lot to the Zeovit method in terms of dosing and when to know to dose something, but the reason I went with Zeovit over other methods is because of the community and the long history of success.