zeovit.com Prolineaquatics  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Help starting ZEOvit on an established tank
Last Post: Minichou
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 60
Views: 2,890
0 A.li's zeovit thread
Last Post: ___a.li___
Replies: 20
Views: 1,850
0 New to Zeovit
Last Post: Mallard
Replies: 3
Views: 114
0 Selbstreinigender Zeolithfilter
Last Post: Spooner
Replies: 16
Views: 1,582
0 *HELP* CB Overdose!
Last Post: maLx
Replies: 12
Views: 305
0 Advices for futur zeovit system
Last Post: zweebe
Replies: 0
Views: 30
0 Skimmer pumps failed need advice
Last Post: Johnsons reef
Views: 27
0 Korallenzucht XMAS Deal 2017! 20% OFF on Korallenzucht.
Last Post: sewatec
Views: 28
0 Starting Zeovit on a new tank and need some help.
Last Post: Lisavet2000
Replies: 47
Views: 2,456
0 What is this algae and how to get rid of
Last Post: Keith Behrle
Replies: 58
Views: 3,361
More...
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2017, 02:40 AM
1stNoel 1stNoel 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Unhappy Negative Effects so far

Hello.

I'm new to Zeovit and have just completed my 2nd week with the basics (Zeolites, Zeobak, Zeofood, and Zeostart). Some corals are displaying some vibrant pastel colors, but the majority have completely paled (showing a slight hue) and my zoas are closing up.

Please review my tank parameters and dosing regimen, and offer any suggestions. Thanks!

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - 320 US Gallons
2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - 200 to 250 US gallons (I does like it's 200, to be safe)
3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique. No, I manually dose 2-part.
4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.). No
5. Are you using Ozone. No
6. Are you using UV. No.
7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume). Vertex Omega 150 (skims dark; takes about one week to fill the cup)
8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels. Used Red Sea NoPOX up to 7/31, NO3 = 8 & PO4 = .06. Then added new fish, rock and a refugium, and it jumped to NO3 = 24 & PO4 = .10. Unhappy with the refugium (growing too much cyano and not enough chaeto) and decided to switch to Zeovit. At the start of Zeovit, NO3 = 64, PO4 = .16.
9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels: Mg 1400, Ca 420, KH 7.3
10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.): None
11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) 3 Kessil AP700s, Deep Blue color setting, 45% Max Intensity, 185W, 1.5 yrs old, 12-hour light period
12. What corals do you keep SPS, Euphyllia, Zoas, and Chalices
13. Tissue color (light or dark). Light
14. How long has the tank been running. 1.5 years
15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system. Not happy with coral colors and polyp extension.
16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.). Red Sea Reef Energy A & B (25 mL daily), Red Sea Colors (varies, based on Ca consumption)
17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.). About 100 lbs of Marco Rock is 1.5 years old. Added 150 lbs of man-made purple rock last month (caused a nitrate spike...it was curing in a tank when I bought it, but it sat out for 2 weeks before I added it to my tank).
18. Any present problems SPS darkened after the nitrate spike, but is now bleaching and/or dying after starting zeovit (including some that had no negative effect from the initial nitrate spike). Zoas, which were full and open, have now closed and shrunk since adding zeovit.
19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) I understand that the parameter swings would affect the SPS, but my zoas' current state really have me concerned.
20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.). Red Sea Test Kits for Ca, Mg, KH, NO3 & PO4. Also use Hanna Checker for PO4. Salifert for Potassium.
21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.). ZEOvit = 60% of what my tank volume requires (as recommended for first time usage), ZEOstart = 0.8 mL twice a day, ZEObak & ZEOfood = 8 drops once/day. ZEOvit media is pumped twice/day and run at 50 gallons/hour. Reactor was run at equal hours on/off for the first 2 weeks.
22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.). 1.026 salinity, and 78 degrees F.
23. Which salt brand do you use. Fritz