zeovit.com EcoTech Marine LLC  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 New tank Elos 160 XL
Last Post: Zuboov's
Posted On: Today
Replies: 22
Views: 1,401
0 Live & Refrigerated Foods - New $7.99 Flat Rate 2 day Air Shipping
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 9
5 green algae outbreak
Last Post: Bugger
Replies: 37
Views: 894
0 A restart
Last Post: blackizzz
Replies: 176
Views: 16,346
0 changing to full zeo,need some advice and help
Last Post: wangsz
Replies: 23
Views: 417
0 Zeo Product Dosing
Last Post: scybulski
Replies: 2
Views: 128
0 100g SPS Tank
Last Post: AG Reefer
Replies: 94
Views: 6,887
0 New ZeoVit tank
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 40
Views: 2,025
0 GIVEAWAY: Reef Brite Live Rock Enhance & Reef Enhance
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 12-10-2018
Replies: 1
Views: 149
0 Farbgebung verbessern
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 12-10-2018
Replies: 7
Views: 224
More...

Old 12-05-2018, 07:58 AM
Gnarkill Gnarkill 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

I also use acivated carbon in the system btw

Skickat fr幩 min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
Old 12-05-2018, 07:59 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugger View Post
That looks like a dinoflaggelate. Get some garbage bags and black out the tank for two to three days and you will get rid of it
Excuse me, if the tank is in the dark for three days, still can't get rid of it, then what should I do, can you give me advice, thank you
Old 12-05-2018, 08:02 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

I am with Bugger, unfortunately I heard this news, my tank is also in dinoflaggelate state, but not as serious as your situation. Turning off lighting can effectively slow them down
Old 12-05-2018, 08:11 AM
Gnarkill Gnarkill 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Okey, but they dont stop growing when the light is of its still the same, and it doesent grow when the light is on either, its just strange. And if i skip the lights for 3 days then i dont know how my corals would react to that?

Old 12-05-2018, 08:26 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Zeo Activated Carbon, I can't give you a valid answer, I use it and replace it. My experience is that you can smell an unpleasant smell in the air (similar to a stench smell, initial), which is said to be toxic.

I have not completely got rid of Dinos yet.

In the picture I saw Dinos and some bacterial algae. Maybe you can start with, turn off the lights, remove organic matter, manual toothbrush cleaning, skimmer wet, Zeo CS+Zeo Bac (2:1 dose), this does not solve Dinos, but can solve bad bacteria and algae

Another idea is that if Dinos can't solve it, I can't see a lot of corals from the picture. Maybe the rest of the animals are temporarily hosted again, and restarting for 14 days may be a good choice.

This idea is also my current idea for my tank, but it is too difficult for me.

I added some Live Rock to Sump, hoping to change the algae image by a good bacterial ecological balance.

In addition, I observed that the ecology in the picture is very poor. It may be good to add some high-quality Live rock. It may not solve the Dinos problem, but at least it will help the current ecological leakage.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:36 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarkill View Post
Okey, but they dont stop growing when the light is of its still the same, and it doesent grow when the light is on either, its just strange. And if i skip the lights for 3 days then i dont know how my corals would react to that?

I am in the same mood as you, I was disturbed by Dinos, and I was unable to move forward. Turning off the lights really can effectively reduce their growth. Your question is very good. My experience is that the coral tissue will become slightly darker, the lighting will be off for three days, and the coral will not have any problems.
It is said that the lighting is turned off for three days, some people can completely get rid of Dinos, but unfortunately this does not happen to me, you can try to see, I hope that you can completely get rid of Dinos, I try to pray that you can completely get rid of it
Old 12-05-2018, 09:04 AM
Gnarkill Gnarkill 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Okey, ill try shutting down the lights. Is the dinos harmful in a healthy way? I have small kids amd i dont want them to get sick of it

Old 12-05-2018, 09:07 AM
Gnarkill Gnarkill 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

The live rock is real natural reef live rock that has been running for aprox 6-7 years at least in another system that i set up for a friend

Old 12-05-2018, 01:41 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

I think it should not be harmful to human health. How long is this tank?
Old 12-05-2018, 03:01 PM
Gnarkill Gnarkill 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

The tank is 1505060cm minus the internal overflow, but the total volyme with sump sholud be around 475-500 liters :-)

Old 12-05-2018, 05:51 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarkill View Post
The tank is 1505060cm minus the internal overflow, but the total volyme with sump sholud be around 475-500 liters :-)

Sorry, its my fault, I mean the age of this tank.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:32 PM
Bugger Bugger 目前線上
ZEOdabbler

The best thing to do is the blackout. I know you might want to hesitate but it is really your only option. Other methods include expensive chemicals that have iffy track records.

Your fish and corals will think that a cloudy storm is going over them and it does nothing negative to them.

On the natural reef cloud cover stops dinos from infesting the reef and the black out is the way to go. Its a process many tanks mine included have suffered dinos and multiple blackouts worked to get rid of it
Old 12-05-2018, 07:47 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
The best thing to do is the blackout. I know you might want to hesitate but it is really your only option. Other methods include expensive chemicals that have iffy track records.

Your fish and corals will think that a cloudy storm is going over them and it does nothing negative to them.

On the natural reef cloud cover stops dinos from infesting the reef and the black out is the way to go. Its a process many tanks mine included have suffered dinos and multiple blackouts worked to get rid of it

Thank you Bugger for sharing with us, great, learning. What is the reason for triggering Dinos, thank you
Old 12-05-2018, 09:03 PM
Bugger Bugger 目前線上
ZEOdabbler

Its a specie that thrives in newer tanks.
Theres many different kinds of dinoflaggates but they are easy enough to deal with.

Established tanks still might have a small amount of visible dinos but after the plague is taken care of they are not as likely to overtake the tank again
Old 12-05-2018, 09:33 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Its a specie that thrives in newer tanks.
Theres many different kinds of dinoflaggates but they are easy enough to deal with.

Established tanks still might have a small amount of visible dinos but after the plague is taken care of they are not as likely to overtake the tank again
Quite justified, thank you for sharing, great. Dinos seems to be generally absent from Fish Tank, and perhaps some low-nutrition bacterial algae are more likely to exist in Fish Tank to replace Dinos' chances of survival. Or maybe a certain cause of Dinos in SPS TANK, such as a plastic tube may trigger the occurrence of Dinos, and Dinos is a single-celled creature, I really can't understand the reason for inducing Dinos, so that Dinos can be avoided again.

Thank you for sharing, everyone on the forum needs your help, whether it is Dinos, or a problem, you are great.