zeovit.com Vertex  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 New tank Elos 160 XL
Last Post: Zuboov's
Posted On: Today
Replies: 22
Views: 1,398
0 Live & Refrigerated Foods - New $7.99 Flat Rate 2 day Air Shipping
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 9
5 green algae outbreak
Last Post: Bugger
Replies: 37
Views: 890
0 A restart
Last Post: blackizzz
Replies: 176
Views: 16,338
0 changing to full zeo,need some advice and help
Last Post: wangsz
Replies: 23
Views: 414
0 Zeo Product Dosing
Last Post: scybulski
Replies: 2
Views: 127
0 100g SPS Tank
Last Post: AG Reefer
Replies: 94
Views: 6,881
0 New ZeoVit tank
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 40
Views: 2,024
0 GIVEAWAY: Reef Brite Live Rock Enhance & Reef Enhance
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 12-10-2018
Replies: 1
Views: 147
0 Farbgebung verbessern
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 12-10-2018
Replies: 7
Views: 224
More...

Old 11-30-2018, 05:16 AM
Gnarkill Gnarkill 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Question green algae outbreak

Hi. im new to this forum and im new to using zeovit.

i started using zeovit about 6 weeks ago and now my tank is full of green algae, im using the directions from the bottles.

the algaes wont go away what should i do?
Old 11-30-2018, 07:44 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Welcome to the Zeovit Forum

Confirm that Ro water is of good quality

Tank age 6 weeks, normal phenomenon, add some herbivorous functional animals, such as snail help clean

6 weeks, you can change the first water 5%, brush on the glass, keep the time lighting 8~10hr

Usually replace the first Zeo zeolite 50% in about 30 days. 2 weeks after the Zeo zeolite is replaced, if the coral is healthy, you can switch the Zeo zeolite flowmeter (Flow rate is approximately 300 liters to 400 liters per hour to 1 liter),( Change the zeolite by 50%, then Zeo bac 1 drop = 100L, do 10 days )

Keep the water parameters stable, and at this stage, the Mg consumption is large. Let the time system grow stronger and lower the nutrient salt, with functional creatures, skimmer wet, algae will naturally fade.

The first phase of the Kz system, reducing the start of nutrients, measuring N and P

The Kz system also recommends the use of Zeo activated carbon when animals enter the tank. The dosage is 0.5~1 liters per 1000 liters of water.

activated carbon is heated to 95 C with reverse osmosis water before use 5 minutes
( If you like, you can do this)
The bell can be used after cooling, and the activated carbon needs to be replaced every 30 days.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:36 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Hi Gnarkill

Please post some more details about your system:

http://zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14

Additional please post a picture of the algae if possible and tell us something more about the rocks you have used for the system.

G.Alexander
Old 12-03-2018, 06:33 AM
Gnarkill Gnarkill 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter

2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter: 475 liters

3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique: NO

4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.): NO

5. Are you using Ozone: NO

6. Are you using UV: NO

7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume):Reef Octopus 202s classic

8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels i havent tested them yet, waiting for new test kits to arrive.

9. What are your actual Ca:440, Alk: 8,7dKH and Mg:1350, Ph: 8,2

10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.):Only using filter socks, skimmer and the live rock as filtration.

11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.): Maxspect razor 320watt 15000k

12. What corals do you keep i have a calendrium frag, and some green star polyps, candy cane and some ricordeas.

13. Tissue color (light or dark): i would say medium, looks healthy and have their polyps extended

14. How long has the tank been running:8 weeks now

15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system: eovit method so i can have low nutrient levels and have good coloration on the SPS corals im planing to have in the tank.

16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.)Only using balling light.

17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) 20 kilos 5 years old rock

18. Any present problems: NO

19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)brown/Green kind of slimy looking algae all over rocks, sandbed, glas, and is starting to suffocate the few corals i have.

20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.):Saliferts testkits, Hanna phosfate checker.

21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit:1liter , ZEObak: 5 drops daily , ZEOfood: 5 drops daily , ZEOstart: 1ml daily, Spoongepower: 2 drops per week.

22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity 1,025, temp 25 celcius

23. Which salt brand do you use: Red Sea Coral Pro.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:03 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

It is recommended that, as described in #2, it is not recommended to use Zeo Food7 instead of Zeo Sp. Zeo Food7 can be used to adjust the color appearance of the system after malnutrition.

#2 The details of each of the above items are as far as possible to achieve it, it will help
Old 12-03-2018, 02:40 PM
Gnarkill Gnarkill 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

im not really sure i understand what you mean jacky
Old 12-03-2018, 02:44 PM
Gnarkill Gnarkill 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

i run the FM Zeomatic 2 4.4 liter reactor, and the zeovite stones have now been in for aprox 7 weeks, im thinking about changing them out for a new batch, and check that the pumps are set to the correct flow. iv changed 10% of the water volyme in the tank also.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:53 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

The first time Zeo zeolite was replaced 50%, the old 50% was retained, and 10 days after each exchange of ZeoBac per day, other products were administered as usual. The next exchange will be after 4 weeks instead of replacing 90% of the material. All further exchanges can be extended to 6-8 weeks.

About 2 weeks after the first exchange, if the coral is healthy, the zeolite flow meter can be switched to continuous flow (flow rate is about 400 liters / hour to 1 liter)

Zeo Food7 has stopped adding.
Zeo Food7 can be used in the second and third stages to adjust the color and health of the coral

Ensure good Ro water
Old 12-04-2018, 03:14 AM
ZEOadmin

Thank you for the additional information. It look like you have issues with cyanos, it would really be good to be sure. Can you post a good picture of the stuff ?

In the meantime I would recommend to stop using ZeoFood, you can use it later if necessary once the system runs nutrient poor stabile.

G.Alexander
Old 12-04-2018, 06:39 AM
Gnarkill Gnarkill 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Okey. Thanks alexander. Here are some pics of my algae. Btw are there other types of cyano than the usual red cyano?

Skickat fr幩 min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2018, 06:45 AM
Gnarkill Gnarkill 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Looks like hell with these algaes

Old 12-04-2018, 08:39 PM
Bugger Bugger 目前線上
ZEOdabbler

That looks like a dinoflaggelate. Get some garbage bags and black out the tank for two to three days and you will get rid of it
Old 12-05-2018, 04:36 AM
ZEOadmin

I am with Bugger, do you observe that they do disappear while the night growing back quick in the morning when the lights are switched on again ?

To be 100% sure a microscope would be necessary, do you have access to it ?

G.Alexander
Old 12-05-2018, 04:57 AM
Gnarkill Gnarkill 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Just lookt in the aqiarium and they are still there and the lights have been of for 12 hours now

Old 12-05-2018, 05:02 AM
Gnarkill Gnarkill 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

I havent been dosing zeofood for a few days now and some improvements i can se, i changed 75% of the zeovit rock and 10 water the other day, im only dosing 3 drops of zeobac and 1ml of zeostart everyday now