zeovit.com EcoTech Marine LLC  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 New tank Elos 160 XL
Last Post: Zuboov's
Posted On: Today
Replies: 22
Views: 1,401
0 Live & Refrigerated Foods - New $7.99 Flat Rate 2 day Air Shipping
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 9
5 green algae outbreak
Last Post: Bugger
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 37
Views: 894
0 A restart
Last Post: blackizzz
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 176
Views: 16,346
0 changing to full zeo,need some advice and help
Last Post: wangsz
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 23
Views: 417
0 Zeo Product Dosing
Last Post: scybulski
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 2
Views: 128
0 100g SPS Tank
Last Post: AG Reefer
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 94
Views: 6,886
0 New ZeoVit tank
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 40
Views: 2,025
0 GIVEAWAY: Reef Brite Live Rock Enhance & Reef Enhance
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 12-10-2018
Replies: 1
Views: 149
0 Farbgebung verbessern
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: 12-10-2018
Replies: 7
Views: 224
More...
  #1  
Old 10-22-2018, 02:59 PM
ycnibrc ycnibrc 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Huntington Beach, CA USA
Posts: 51
Default 360g Sps change to full zeovit

Well I decide to go full zeovit to get my tank to the next leve of reefing. So far my growth has been great and color is nice and deep however I want to challenge my self to master the zeovit color. I got a great deal on a vibe zeovit reactor so here we go. I want to try for 6 months and then recap to see if the color and health improve or stay the same.
My dosing schedule
Zeobak 4 drops everyday
Zeostart3 3ml everyday
Zeolite 2l change every 6 weeks
Sponge power 10 drops MWF
Flatworm stop 10ml TThuSat
Pohl extra 10ml TThuSat
Coral snow plus 14ml Sun
Coral vitalizer MWF 10 drops.


Here is a brief video of my tank
https://youtu.be/GiHJPXcijrw
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-22-2018, 03:21 PM
Bugger's Avatar
Bugger Bugger 目前線上
ZEOdabbler
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,136
Default

I can see from your sand bed that the cyano has already started.
It can become a huge issue in a zeovit tank because the chemicals you add make bacteria grow.
I would double dose some snow now to kill it before it gets out of hand.

As for the colors with the amount of fish you have I think it is unlikely that you will get that washed out zeovit look.

Do you do ICP testing

I think there are a number of things you will need to dose

Sr
I
Mn
Ni
Zn
V

And things to watch out for include

B
Br
K
Fe
Mo
-
Si
Po4
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-22-2018, 03:38 PM
scybulski scybulski 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycnibrc View Post
Well I decide to go full zeovit to get my tank to the next leve of reefing. So far my growth has been great and color is nice and deep however I want to challenge my self to master the zeovit color. I got a great deal on a vibe zeovit reactor so here we go. I want to try for 6 months and then recap to see if the color and health improve or stay the same.

My dosing schedule

Zeobak 4 drops everyday

Zeostart3 3ml everyday

Zeolite 2l change every 6 weeks

Sponge power 10 drops MWF

Flatworm stop 10ml TThuSat

Pohl extra 10ml TThuSat

Coral snow plus 14ml Sun

Coral vitalizer MWF 10 drops.





Here is a brief video of my tank

https://youtu.be/GiHJPXcijrw


Wow


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-22-2018, 03:46 PM
ycnibrc ycnibrc 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Huntington Beach, CA USA
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugger View Post
I can see from your sand bed that the cyano has already started.
It can become a huge issue in a zeovit tank because the chemicals you add make bacteria grow.
I would double dose some snow now to kill it before it gets out of hand.

As for the colors with the amount of fish you have I think it is unlikely that you will get that washed out zeovit look.

Do you do ICP testing

I think there are a number of things you will need to dose

Sr
I
Mn
Ni
Zn
V

And things to watch out for include

B
Br
K
Fe
Mo
-
Si
Po4
The cyano come every 6 months but it never hurt my tank just 1 dose of chemiclean get rid of them. You are right about the zeo color I want to achieve will be hard for my tank since I have high nutrients with big bio load. The last icp test is about 2 months ago and everything looks good. I hope the pohl extra and the reducing of phosphate n nitrate will lighten up the color. My last resort is zeospur but not yet.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-22-2018, 03:54 PM
Bugger's Avatar
Bugger Bugger 目前線上
ZEOdabbler
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,136
Default

Honestly I dont see any problem with your corals colors. Corals on the reef are never pastel aside from a few types like Strawberry shortcake. I would concentrate on buying those corals rather then trying to put lipstick on a pig and convert corals that will never be pastel
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-22-2018, 03:55 PM
ycnibrc ycnibrc 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Huntington Beach, CA USA
Posts: 51
Default

I have been dosing zeobak zeostart3 sponge power flat worm stop Coral vitalizer for 18 months since I start the tank. Now I just add the reactor and the zeolite rock, pohl extra and the Coral snow plus try to reduce the nutrients and archive the lighter color.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-22-2018, 04:03 PM
ycnibrc ycnibrc 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Huntington Beach, CA USA
Posts: 51
Default

Even Australian short cake in my tank look orange deep color





Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-22-2018, 04:14 PM
scybulski scybulski 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycnibrc View Post
I have been dosing zeobak zeostart3 sponge power flat worm stop Coral vitalizer for 18 months since I start the tank. Now I just add the reactor and the zeolite rock, pohl extra and the Coral snow plus try to reduce the nutrients and archive the lighter color.


You have flatworm?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-22-2018, 04:15 PM
ycnibrc ycnibrc 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Huntington Beach, CA USA
Posts: 51
Default

No but flatworm stop make corals stronger.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-22-2018, 04:28 PM
Bugger's Avatar
Bugger Bugger 目前線上
ZEOdabbler
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,136
Default

Are those three pictures the same coral none of them look like Ultra SSC
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-22-2018, 04:29 PM
scybulski scybulski 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycnibrc View Post
No but flatworm stop make corals stronger.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Really? Did not know that.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-22-2018, 04:35 PM
ycnibrc ycnibrc 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Huntington Beach, CA USA
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugger View Post
Are those three pictures the same coral none of them look like Ultra SSC


No they are different Coral Tyree strawberry lemonade, Australian wild strawberry shortcake cake, Australian wild sps


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-22-2018, 04:36 PM
ycnibrc ycnibrc 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Huntington Beach, CA USA
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scybulski View Post
Really? Did not know that.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Yeah they provide more slim coat and encourage the base to grow stronger most of my Sps have very strong growth at the base.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-22-2018, 05:16 PM
Bugger's Avatar
Bugger Bugger 目前線上
ZEOdabbler
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,136
Default

I use it to but I feel Zeovit LPS is more important
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-22-2018, 07:01 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,010
Default

Hello ycnibrc, welcome to the zeovit forum

I watched your video and the coral is very beautiful. The pipeline is amazing and very high quality. I like it very much.

You can fill in the tank related information and tell us your tank.


Main line ,Sticky:Tell us about your Tank
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 18 (1 members and 17 guests)
Jacek56
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.7, Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright by ZeoVit.com