zeovit.com EcoTech Marine LLC  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 New tank Elos 160 XL
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Today
Replies: 23
Views: 1,407
0 A restart
Replies: 177
Views: 16,348
0 changing to full zeo,need some advice and help
Replies: 24
Views: 424
0 100g SPS Tank
Replies: 95
Views: 6,899
0 Live & Refrigerated Foods - New $7.99 Flat Rate 2 day Air Shipping
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 10
5 green algae outbreak
Last Post: Bugger
Replies: 37
Views: 902
0 Zeo Product Dosing
Last Post: scybulski
Replies: 2
Views: 130
0 New ZeoVit tank
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 40
Views: 2,029
0 GIVEAWAY: Reef Brite Live Rock Enhance & Reef Enhance
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: 12-10-2018
Replies: 1
Views: 149
0 Farbgebung verbessern
Posted On: 12-10-2018
Replies: 7
Views: 224
More...
Old 11-06-2018, 07:14 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Water volume 1500L.

Run 3.5L ZeoVit, constant water flow from 1350~1500 liters per hour through the reactor
Drop 15 drops of ZeoBac every other day
Daily dose 1.5ml ZeoStart 2 x
Drop 15 drops of SpongePower every other day
Take 30 drops of BioMate every other day
Passively operate 1.4 liters of carbon in the oil sump
This should help reduce PO4, It is recommended to use only KZ basic products.
Usually, Zeo Spur2 is used in the stable stage of the third stage. The stability is not only the inclusion of NP, but the addition of some PIF, IRON, AA, and the coral to the other level by keeping the appearance and color of the coral consistent. (My cognition, all aspects have not been reached)

Everything should be built on low malnutrition water quality. (Skip class usually has no better effect or negative impact).

KH 6.5 - 7.5
Ca 400 - 420 mg
Mg 1250 - 1300 mg
K + ~380 mg
Are the individual water parameters up to standard?
Old 11-06-2018, 09:37 PM
ycnibrc ycnibrc 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Water volume 1500L.

Run 3.5L ZeoVit, constant water flow from 1350~1500 liters per hour through the reactor
Drop 15 drops of ZeoBac every other day
Daily dose 1.5ml ZeoStart 2 x
Drop 15 drops of SpongePower every other day
Take 30 drops of BioMate every other day
Passively operate 1.4 liters of carbon in the oil sump
This should help reduce PO4, It is recommended to use only KZ basic products.
Usually, Zeo Spur2 is used in the stable stage of the third stage. The stability is not only the inclusion of NP, but the addition of some PIF, IRON, AA, and the coral to the other level by keeping the appearance and color of the coral consistent. (My cognition, all aspects have not been reached)

Everything should be built on low malnutrition water quality. (Skip class usually has no better effect or negative impact).

KH 6.5 - 7.5
Ca 400 - 420 mg
Mg 1250 - 1300 mg
K + ~380 mg
Are the individual water parameters up to standard?
Everything is in check only phosphate and nitrate are not. I don't have biomate so I'm going to try that. The zeobak I dose 6 drops per day so it's 12 drops every other day I can increase it to 7 drops per day.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:40 PM
ycnibrc ycnibrc 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

I have a high fish load so may be because of that nitrate n phosphate will be high. I have 55 fish in the tank big n small.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:17 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Maybe the number of fish may be a cause. For Zeo Bac it is usually 1 drop = 100 L. The amount of water is 1500 L = 15 drops instead of 6 drops. You can start by observing the correct doses of Bac, SP, Start3, and zeolite.
Old 11-07-2018, 04:04 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

ZeoVit does need to time to establish, while this process not much nutrient are processed from the system. If you have removed the PO4 absorber all at once while starting ZeoVit nutrients will increase. It is always better to remove the absorber slowly step by step over a couple of weeks while starting the system on a established reef.

Anyways you can dose both Zeobac and ZeoStart temporary higher but I would recommend not to overdo. You can double the Zeobac dosage temporary and use about 1/3 more ZeoStart than recommended for some time if you do not experience a brown film on rocks / sand.

Jackys dosing regimen for BioMatre is what I would recommend also.

Keep in mind that you recently started with the system and it will take time until it is established processing nutrient effective.

As every system ZeoVit has a maximum of nutrient import which can be processed so if nutrients do not start to decrease slowly over the next couple of weeks the fish load might be indeed to high.

G.Alexander
Old 11-07-2018, 09:20 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

My other idea is to do a 10% change of water every week, or do 3 times 20% water change in 10 days, vacuum the siphon sand and refresh the element balance. Is the Cyanobacteria in the lower left corner of the video image solved? If you are willing to take some sand and sea water for one day, measure the PO4 value every other day (I believe you should not know how to do it, you can probably know that PO4 should not be low)

Let's move to make a deep cleansing of tank, plus the use of the correct KZ base 4 products, and Zeo snow, BioMate.

It may also be a nutrient salt in the tank, or it may be like "input > output", or (old existence > output).

I believe that doing more deep tank cleaning, there will be good things happening, with the correct Kz use.

I don't know which nutrients you have added. It should not be impossible to reduce the nutrient salt when feeding fish. If there is no additional nutrient supplement, then the tank's output is insufficient (the output contains a lot), the Kz dose is wrong, the old nutrient salt accumulation in the tank, or Zeovit time takes time.

A little reminder Fast PO4 reduction should be careful, don't be too anxious, I believe you can, tank is really beautiful.
(Don't give too much BioMate at once) The above is my idea, I hope I can help you.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:29 PM
ycnibrc ycnibrc 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
My other idea is to do a 10% change of water every week, or do 3 times 20% water change in 10 days, vacuum the siphon sand and refresh the element balance. Is the Cyanobacteria in the lower left corner of the video image solved? If you are willing to take some sand and sea water for one day, measure the PO4 value every other day (I believe you should not know how to do it, you can probably know that PO4 should not be low)

Let's move to make a deep cleansing of tank, plus the use of the correct KZ base 4 products, and Zeo snow, BioMate.

It may also be a nutrient salt in the tank, or it may be like "input > output", or (old existence > output).

I believe that doing more deep tank cleaning, there will be good things happening, with the correct Kz use.

I don't know which nutrients you have added. It should not be impossible to reduce the nutrient salt when feeding fish. If there is no additional nutrient supplement, then the tank's output is insufficient (the output contains a lot), the Kz dose is wrong, the old nutrient salt accumulation in the tank, or Zeovit time takes time.

A little reminder Fast PO4 reduction should be careful, don't be too anxious, I believe you can, tank is really beautiful.
(Don't give too much BioMate at once) The above is my idea, I hope I can help you.
Deep cleaning tank which mean water change and siphon The sand?
Old 11-12-2018, 12:01 AM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

Yes, that's right.
You can take an extra portion of the sand into the Ro water and measure the PO4 value the next day.

Is the correct potion dose and Kz Basis Balance 4 used correctly?

What is the flow rate of Zeo zeolite through the reactor?

I think it should be an "accumulation" effect, usually in sand and live rock.

Zeo BioMate, Snow, BB, ZZ, Bac, start3, etc. I observed that skimmer is better degreased. This can be judged from the eyes.

Back to the topic, ZeoVit does take time to build, suggesting a cumulative effect on the tank before doing more in-depth cleaning and destruction, refreshing the elements in a water-balanced way. This Zeovit process can be "accelerated".

"Acceleration" means not "swinging."
Helping Zeovit to play a bigger role from focused cleaning
Old 11-17-2018, 11:31 AM
ycnibrc ycnibrc 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

I read the dosing guide from kz and there are dosage standard and dosage korallenzucht what is the different between the 2?
Old 11-18-2018, 12:50 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

They do also sell corals and in their holding tank, which is one system are thousands of fragments and corals which, usually more coral mass than in a hobby driven system. Additional they are regular get imports which is always a impact to the system. In the dosing recommendation they have listed their dosing regimen for this system as people always ask what exactly they are doing.

G.Alexander
Old 11-22-2018, 12:35 AM
ycnibrc ycnibrc 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Hmmm ok interesting since the korallenzucht dosgae some are less often than regular dosgae
Old 12-03-2018, 06:36 PM
ycnibrc ycnibrc 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training

Well after 1.5 months going full zeo the color of my Sps start changing and it's look promising.