zeovit.com Aquariumspeciality  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Frag Tank
Last Post: gguertin145
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 18
0 NEW Giveaway: AquaPulse Powerheads For Your Reef Tank
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 19
0 Reef Hommi
Last Post: Hommi
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 135
Views: 10,084
0 How to swich to ZeoVit
Last Post: marcin_c
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 23
Views: 527
0 Tunze Door Buster Specials Ends 11/18!
Last Post: Bugger
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 4
Views: 77
0 who uses coral booster and FWS?
Last Post: illumnae
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 3
Views: 559
0 15% OFF TLF, Eshopps, Halo LEDS, RO, & Flipper
Last Post: Premiumaq
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 25
0 This is really lovely
Last Post: HelenMancuso
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 3
Views: 933
0 Low nitrates low Po4
Last Post: tnick
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 4
Views: 109
0 B-Balance dosage to raise per mg/l
Last Post: 2una
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 4
Views: 64
More...
  #1  
Old 10-31-2017, 11:22 AM
mmckenna1029 mmckenna1029 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 9
Default Power outage at the start of the cycle

So Sunday I started up the 14 day cycle with a full restart on my 60 gallon system. The initial doses were put in mid evening. At approximately 1:30am Monday morning we lost power and have been out since then. The temp has not dropped below 68 degrees but I fear it could drop more if we don't get power back soon. House ambient is around 65 and outdoor ambient is running mid 50s.

Will this kill the initial doses? Should I start the 14 day over again with the initial doses after the power is back up? My concern is more lack of oxygen due to still water than temp but I'm just guessing. Also, is there any concern for the ZEO rocks?

My plan now is to assume everything will be okay and just start up the day 4 dosing when power returns.

And yes, I will be buying a generator...

Thanks for your input,
Matt
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-31-2017, 11:48 AM
FraysReef FraysReef 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 78
Default

Hi there first of all Welcome to Zeovit.
I would advise to carry on where you left off and see how the system goes maybe delay the stocking by a few days, check your parameters once its back up and running. If its all stable go ahead with guidelines for stocking.
best of luck keep us updated. I messed the 14-day cycle up and its just delayed my system alot nothing too bad though everything is fixable in this method.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-01-2017, 12:18 AM
G.Alexander's Avatar
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 33,819
Default

Most important think is water movement. If power is back just continue as planned.

G.Alexander
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-01-2017, 01:11 PM
mmckenna1029 mmckenna1029 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 9
Default

Power is back on after 3 days. Temp in tank got down to 60* so I am going to bring it back up slowly then continue on with the cycle. Thanks for the input.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-06-2017, 05:59 AM
FraysReef FraysReef 目前線上
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 78
Default

Glad to hear power is back on proceed with the cycle as planned let's see how it gets on, maybe worth posting the parameters on here in few days for us.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-09-2017, 09:58 PM
mmckenna1029 mmckenna1029 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 9
Default

FraysReef,

I will definitely do that. I am out of town for the next two days but i will do a full round of testing on Sunday, which will be day 15, and then post. I have a number of corals in QT waiting to go in the display but I didn't want to transfer until back from this trip so I could monitor closely.

Thanks,
Matt
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-12-2017, 04:03 PM
mmckenna1029 mmckenna1029 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 9
Default

rather than continue this i will post parameters in current rebuild thread

http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36669

Thanks,
Matt
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.7, Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright by ZeoVit.com