zeovit.com Aquariumspeciality  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 Frag Tank
Last Post: gguertin145
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 18
0 NEW Giveaway: AquaPulse Powerheads For Your Reef Tank
Last Post: Premiumaq
Views: 19
0 Reef Hommi
Last Post: Hommi
Replies: 135
Views: 10,084
0 How to swich to ZeoVit
Last Post: marcin_c
Replies: 23
Views: 527
0 Tunze Door Buster Specials Ends 11/18!
Last Post: Bugger
Replies: 4
Views: 77
0 who uses coral booster and FWS?
Last Post: illumnae
Replies: 3
Views: 559
0 15% OFF TLF, Eshopps, Halo LEDS, RO, & Flipper
Last Post: Premiumaq
Views: 25
0 This is really lovely
Last Post: HelenMancuso
Replies: 3
Views: 933
0 Low nitrates low Po4
Last Post: tnick
Views: 109
0 B-Balance dosage to raise per mg/l
Last Post: 2una
Views: 64
More...
Old 10-25-2017, 08:55 PM
Minichou Minichou 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

So I've stopped feeding my corals and I've stopped using Xtra and AmminoAcid LPS. I only use the ZeoStart and ZeoBak. I've also reduced the amount of feeding for my fish. However, my Nitrates have climbed to 4 ppm and is holding there. I do a 10% water change weekly. I guess I had expected my Nitrates to drop by reducing these additives and food. Any recommendations other than doing a large water change (like 20%) to bring my Nitrates down? Or should I just stop worrying and let my Nitrates hold out at around 5ppm? I only ask since I have challenges keeping some acros. Birdsnest and table corals do fine, but other more advance acros die out on me. I'm not convinced its due to my Nitrates, but it is a suspect for me. My other suspect is flow, which I will be adding a new pump shortly.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:43 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

4 mg NO3 is really not a issue, just ignore it it will not have any kind of a negative impact from my experience to coral coloration.

Can you share some pictures of your corals ?

G.Alexander
Old 11-01-2017, 11:11 PM
Minichou Minichou 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Sorry I tossed the SPS corals that died. It looked like their tissue was falling off. I’m thinking it is a flow issue. I’m adding more wavemakers to the tank.

Separate topic, what is the difference between K-balance and Potassium Iodide Fluoride? Is Potassium Iodide Fluoride the same as K-balance but with more/other trace elements? Would there be case where you would use one over the other?

Thanks,
Old 11-02-2017, 04:01 AM
ZEOadmin

PIF does just contain some potassium additional but it is basically a iodine supplement. The potassium concentration in the product is to low to have any measurable impact to the systems level.

G.Alexander
Old 11-02-2017, 03:49 PM
Minichou Minichou 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Thanks, I think I’ll stick to the k-balance pellets.

So the holidays are coming up and I have plans to be out of town for two weeks (no on will be home). I’m concerned about what will happen to my zeovit and tank during this time. I have the Zeostart on a dosing pump. But the Zeolite stones and carbon will not get stirred, nor will the Zeobak get dosed for the entire two weeks. Will my tank be fine? Or should I be concerned?
Old 11-03-2017, 03:15 AM
ZEOadmin

Keeping the KH in the recommended range will be more a challenge in the two weeks, hope this will work. Otherwise just dose ZeoStart with your dosing pump (adjust it very well before you leave and run the pump for some time before). If you return just start dosing as usual and moving the Zeovit regular again.

G.Alexander
Old 11-04-2017, 10:34 AM
Minichou Minichou 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I have Alk, Ca, and Zeostart on my auto doser pump, so my Alk and Ca remains pretty solid at 8.5 dKH and 450 ppm, respectively. Glad to hear that nothing catastrophic will happen if I don’t agitate the Zeo stones for an extended period. Thanks,
Old 11-04-2017, 10:39 AM
Minichou Minichou 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I’ve been dosing KZ amino acids LPS (AALPS). What is the difference between the AA-LPS and the regular AA additive? I ask because I would prefer to use the Pohls AA auto elements for auto dosing, but they only have this in the regular AA. I was hoping that the AA was more or less the same as AALPS.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:29 PM
ZEOadmin

If you do not have any TN issues you can keep the KH as it is otherwise it might be better to decrease it slowly if you are back to ~ 7.5 – 7.

As much as I know the two amino acid products do contain different amino acids so both can be dosed together.

G.Alexander
Old 11-05-2017, 10:24 AM
Minichou Minichou 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

I AM still having TN issues with some of my SPS corals. I added a new wave maker to the tank this week and have aimed it at my SPS corals where I thought was not getting enough flow. Interesting that you bring up my Alk level as a potential issue. 8.5 dKH doesn’t seem like an unusually high Alk level to me. How would lowering my Alk by -1 dKH address my TN issue? By running Zeovit does it make my SPS corals extra sensitive to Alk levels above 7.5 dKH? If so, can you explain? Keep in mind that only about half of my SPS corals seem to have the TN issue. All my other LPS and soft corals are also doing fine.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:41 AM
ZEOadmin

The KH of natural seawater is lower than 8 so the more nutrient poor a system is running the more important it is to keep the basic water parameters within the ranges of natural seawater. Higher levels do not improve anything. Lets try to drop it slowly over the next 10 days to ~ 7.5 if your test kit is accurate.

G.Alexander
Old 11-11-2017, 10:57 PM
Minichou Minichou 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

Since there is a sale on KZ products I decided to pickup some Sponge Power and Coral Vitalizer. How would you recommend I go about dosing these additives? Thanks,
Old 11-12-2017, 12:31 AM
ZEOadmin

2 drops SpongePower every other day
4 drops CoralVitalizer 2 – 3 x weekly

G.Alexander