zeovit.com AquaIllumination  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 New ZeoVit tank
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 2
Views: 56
0 You Have Till Midnight- 12% OFF Veterans Day SALE
Last Post: Premiumaq
Replies: 0
Views: 9
0 Day 9 of 14 day Zeocycle
Replies: 2
Views: 55
0 40B Reef Journal
Replies: 8
Views: 136
0 190g SPS tank in Taiwan
Last Post: blackizzz
Replies: 76
Views: 16,353
0 Trying to lower Phosphate
Last Post: Scribe
Replies: 58
Views: 3,873
0 new 75 gallon tank
Last Post: esco
Replies: 44
Views: 4,727
0 help with us please
Last Post: sam1980
Replies: 7
Views: 251
0 Zeovit - Werte permanent zu niedrig
Last Post: JC1300
Replies: 6
Views: 354
0 HELP WITH DOSING PLEASE!
Replies: 50
Views: 1,205
More...
Old 05-04-2018, 07:46 PM
Bugger Bugger 目前線上
ZEOdabbler

I just did a couple maybe three or four blackouts got rid of mine, THe pictures you posted are a little strange the first ones seem to show the dino more then the ones after the brown ones are displayed. Seems you have some cyano as well.
You could chase numbers and add phosphate and let hair algae take over and then use herbivours take care of that thats what I did. I had green goo cover the walls and corals for the end of last year and the beggining of this year bit its gone now and I have alage growing off everything Going to buy a tang and a blenny just put 5 turbos in
Are prayers are with you and your tank while you get threw this dark period
Old 05-04-2018, 11:38 PM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Thank you just wanted to be sure it is not live sand.

If you have access to a microscope you can for sure find out if those are Dinos or not. I have posted a video in the following thread, just klick on the pictures. The cells of Dinos do move in cyrcles:

http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20208

G.Alexander
Old 05-05-2018, 10:56 PM
johntekin johntekin 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Thank you just wanted to be sure it is not live sand.

If you have access to a microscope you can for sure find out if those are Dinos or not. I have posted a video in the following thread, just klick on the pictures. The cells of Dinos do move in cyrcles:

http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20208

G.Alexander

Thanks for the follow up. I dont have access to a microscope but after reading and viewing pictures of Dinos in detail, I am very confident that my issue is Dinos.

What is the best way for me to treat these pests? Should I stop water changes? Should I stop dozing all KZ additives?

I want to try to avoid loosing any more corals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2018, 12:34 AM
ZEOadmin

They are not easy to treat but you will find some information over here:

http://zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36674

Please check all your technical equipment for leaching harmful substances also, remove all hoses and tubes which are neither silicone or PVC.

G.Alexander
Old 06-04-2018, 07:16 PM
johntekin johntekin 目前離線
ZEOhead

Still fighting some sort of algae problem. To me it is looking more like cyano with air bubbles. See attached pics. Should I be holding off on water changes and just suck it out into filter sock and put water back in? Should I cease dosing of kz elements? What about kz cyano treatment? Help please!

Old 06-04-2018, 07:20 PM
johntekin johntekin 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntekin View Post
Still fighting some sort of algae problem. To me it is looking more like cyano with air bubbles. See attached pics. Should I be holding off on water changes and just suck it out into filter sock and put water back in? Should I cease dosing of kz elements? What about kz cyano treatment? Help please!

Old 06-05-2018, 05:02 AM
ZEOadmin

Do they disappear while the night growing back quick when the lights are switched on in the morning again or are they there all the time ?

G.Alexander
Old 06-05-2018, 07:57 AM
johntekin johntekin 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Do they disappear while the night growing back quick when the lights are switched on in the morning again or are they there all the time ?

G.Alexander
No, they do not go away at night. When the lights first turn on in the morning, they are just as bad as they were the day before... Does that help diagnose what it is?
Old 06-06-2018, 03:52 AM
ZEOadmin

do not expect that those are Dinos, maybe some kind of cyanos, difficult to say without a microscope.

I would first try to treat them with a mixture of 16 ml Coral Snow and 8 drops ZeoBac daily for some time. This has helped many in the past to get rid of them but it is not 100% sure. Alternatively CyanoClean or A-Balance are another possibility.

Please also check your RO water with a accurate DTS meter, you should get a zero reading. I would also recommend to use a purest water resin as the last stage of the RO unit if you do not already use it.

While having those issues do not dose Iodine.

G.Alexander
Old 06-06-2018, 06:20 PM
johntekin johntekin 目前離線
ZEOhead

Thank you for the help. I will try to start using the snow/Bak Mix over the course the next week, and will report back on results.When mixing theSnow/bak do to I need to let it sit for a while?

Also should I be siphoning off the cyano into a filter sock and then pour the water back in?

Regarding the reverse osmosis, I do have fresh DI resin (actually two of them) on my RO system. I have confirmed it's zero total dissolved solids.
Old 06-07-2018, 04:23 AM
ZEOadmin

If you have a chance to vacuum out the stuff it would be the bests doing this while a water change otherwise using a filter sock so use the water again would be my second choice.

Just put ZeoBac in the and mix it will, you can dose it after a couple of minutes.

G.Alexander
Old 06-12-2018, 07:58 PM
johntekin johntekin 目前離線
ZEOhead

Thanks GA. I am continuing as instructed and hope to see improvements in the coming days. Fingers crossed!

Old 07-01-2018, 05:18 PM
johntekin johntekin 目前離線
ZEOhead

I have now lost all my corals. They all died off as the brown bacteria/algae has taken over my reef. All the fish are doing fine (though the snails are not very happy - acting weird), but 100% of my corals are dead or very close to dead. I assume this is due to dino's but I am not sure. I have never had an issue like this before.

All my perimeters are in an ideal state. PO4 is 0. Ca is 400 and Alk is 7.5. It is very frustrating to have lost thousands of dollars in corals, but now I just want to get rid of whatever this brown stuff is.

Now that I no longer have any coral, is there any aggressive action I can take to get rid of this stuff? Should I continue to dose zeobak, zeostart and spounge power? Any recommendations on changes in dosing?

Thanks!
Old 07-02-2018, 03:28 AM
ZEOadmin

Really sorry to hear this John, to make sure those are really Dinoflagellate you need to put them under a microscope.

I have posted a short video to how they look like, just klick on the picture in the first post:

http://zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20208

They often start to grow if there are harmful substances in the system like softeners released from plastics / hoses etc. Have you changed anything in the last couple of weeks ?

G.Alexander
Old 07-02-2018, 09:40 AM
johntekin johntekin 目前離線
ZEOhead

Thanks for the response. I have ordered the microscope, and I will post an update soon.