zeovit.com Aquariumspeciality  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 How to reduce Nitrates
Last Post: edirisud
Posted On: Today
Replies: 10
Views: 300
0 Alkalinity
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 30
Views: 1,124
0 New Public Grade Aquarium-
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 10
Views: 275
0 Switching to zeovit !!HELP
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 2
Views: 116
0 IM Lagoon 25 gallons - Is Zeovit right for me?
Last Post: chaturai
Replies: 4
Views: 502
0 switching to zeo system possibly
Last Post: JMac
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 229
Views: 14,140
0 New tank dosing recommendations
Last Post: detective_colombo
Replies: 16
Views: 759
0 200 gallon switch to Zeovit
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 41
Views: 1,796
0 New Munich Reef
Last Post: berlin-riff
Replies: 31
Views: 4,210
More...

Old 07-22-2018, 10:53 PM
alexbendzick1 alexbendzick1 目前離線
ZEOhead in Training

no result. same thick algae problem.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:03 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Hello Alex, please help to get a better overview to your system.

You told that the system is up since one year but the rocks and the sand do look very clean, unusual for this age. Do you clean the rocks regular or have you replaced the recently ?

I am also still not sure which kind of algae those are, do snails or other herbivore eat them ?

How do you prepare your water, do you use a RO unit with a purest water resin as the last stage ? Have you already checked the TDS reading with a accurate TDS meter ?

G.Alexander
Old 07-26-2018, 02:09 PM
ZEOhead in Training

the rocks and sand have never been replaced. They have been in there since the start up of the tank. they do seem to be very clean with little good algae growth on them. I use the bulk reef supply 6 stage ro/di system and the digital display shows 0 TDS. Do you believe there is a lack of natural good bacteria in the system? The algae is so thick that when I vacuum the sand bed it brings a lot of sand with it. Snails and crabs do not eat the algae. Would it be beneficial to do water changes more often but in smaller increments? As of now i only do what is recomended in the ZeoVit guide once per week. Another thing to note is my filter sock needs to be replaced daily. Only after one day it starts to overflow.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:11 PM
Bugger Bugger 目前離線
ZEOdabbler

I dont see any fish in the system from the pictures
Is it a used filter sock that you yourself cleaned that gets clogged. What color is the sock Im assuming brown.
My guess is that your using coral snow plus and its making your phosphate and nitrate to such low levels that, that algae is thriving in it.
Personally I had to resort to adding phosphate and nitrate on top of start 3 not much just 4 drops of each daily, and I have not had a problem with sand algae for years but green algae is starting to take over again and I think I will have to use vibrant again on my tank
Old 07-27-2018, 02:30 AM
ZEOadmin

Difficult to say Alex but the tank looks unusual clean after running one year. To me it look indeed like any leak of nutrients, adding some live rock and a couple of fish might change the situation slowly. Please also check the magnets you have in your system if they are really sealed completely.

G.Alexander
Old 07-27-2018, 11:27 AM
ZEOhead in Training

what magnets are you talking about? ill try adding a few fish this weekend and see how it helps.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:25 PM
jacky jacky 目前離線
ZEOhead

For example, the magnet on the wave generator, or a pipe fitting, or a plastic pipe (dino), G. has been discussing the cause of the problem, so please ask for more pictures about sump, whether there is any material that is not released well. Influence
Old 07-27-2018, 11:23 PM
ZEOadmin

Jacky is right, also the glass cleaner visible in the full tank shot on the left side. I can not tell you if this is the reason but it is something which I would rule out. Also check your system for any kind of material which can leach any kind of substances. Hoses should be made of silicone, plastic parts should not be to soft or smelling like chemicals etc.

G.Alexander

Tags
algae, brown, dino, dosing, struggle