zeovit.com Vertex  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 200 gallon switch to Zeovit
Last Post: jacky
Posted On: Today
Replies: 122
Views: 7,518
0 A restart
Last Post: blackizzz
Replies: 127
Views: 11,482
0 salzgehalt chaos
Replies: 1
Views: 48
0 Syds red sea 170
Replies: 12
Views: 356
0 ZZ and BM question
Replies: 3
Views: 68
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Replies: 188
Views: 16,171
0 Phosphate
Replies: 3
Views: 86
0 PO4 pegged at .17 will not drop
Last Post: G.Alexander
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 7
Views: 161
0 The Island Reef
Last Post: PmRg
Replies: 161
Views: 29,060
0 hope to start new tank with zeovit
Last Post: blackizzz
Replies: 6
Views: 234
More...
Old 04-26-2018, 02:39 PM
JMac JMac 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
First of all I would recommend to download the dosing guide from:

http://www.korallen-zucht.de/files/z..._english-1.pdf

It contains a lot of useful information and will be helpful to get a feeling for the dosage.

First start with the basics products to decrease nutrients:

1. Place 1.2 liter zeovit in a Zeo Reactor. Water flow around 130 US gallons per hour. Connect the reactor pump to a clock timer and run the reactor pump with a 3 hour on / 3 hour off / 3 hour on interval. Please make sure the zeolite is not exposed to air while the pump is switched off. Clean the material daily. Leave the zeolite 4 weeks in the filter until you do the first change out. This is the first changing interval, others could be lengthen to 6 – 8 weeks.

2. Place 0.5 liters activated carbon in a filter sock and keep it in a passive water flow in your sump, changed every 30 days. Knead the carbon daily to keep the surface clean. Most users get perfect results with korallenzucht carbon.

3. Dose 5 drops ZeoBac daily for the first 2 weeks, flowed by a 2 – 3 x weekly dosage of 5 drops. Dose 0.5 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily (morning & evening). Dose those in front of the Zeo reactor pump while it is switched on.

4. Later on you could use the additional products for coral coloration. Adjust your skimmer to skim wet, keeping it clean to export as much as possible. Do a weekly water change of 5 – 10 % with a good salt.

With the system it is not recommended to use a PO4 absorber. I would recommend to remove 1/3 of the absorber if you start with zeovit, than reduce the rest over the next 6 – 8 weeks step by step to zero. If this is done keep a eye on the PO4 level which should not increase.

Basic water parameters looking good, try to keep them as stabile as possible close the NSW in the following ranges:

KH 6.5 – 7.5
Ca 400 – 420 mg
Mg 1250 – 1300 mg
K+ ~ 380 mg

For a nutrient poor environment K+ (potassium) seems to be a important element. I would recommend you to get a test kit for this element also, posting your results.

Also stop dosing everything else except you Ca and KH supplement you already use at the moment. As I do not have my own experiences with the marine block material you use but hear from a couple of people that they can leach harmful substances it might also be better to remove it.

This is a start-up dosage which might have to be adjusted later.

G.Alexander
I have zeovit, carbon & more zeobac ordered. can I use any media reactor for the zeolites?
Old 04-26-2018, 03:00 PM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMac View Post
I have zeovit, carbon & more zeobac ordered. can I use any media reactor for the zeolites?
You "can" but since the stones needs to be shaken 2 times per day it's easiest to use a zeovit reactor. Either an automatic one like the Avast Vibe, KZ automatic, prs automatic etc, or a manual one like this:
Old 04-26-2018, 03:36 PM
JMac JMac 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackizzz View Post
You "can" but since the stones needs to be shaken 2 times per day it's easiest to use a zeovit reactor. Either an automatic one like the Avast Vibe, KZ automatic, prs automatic etc, or a manual one like this:
Ill pick up a manual one the automatics are too expensive
...thanks
Old 04-26-2018, 04:04 PM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Quote:
Ill pick up a manual one the automatics are too expensive

...thanks

I use a manual, and the 1 minute I spend shaking the stones per day in conjunction with dosing is not a big task
Old 04-26-2018, 04:04 PM
Bugger Bugger 目前線上
ZEOdabbler

It would be interesting to do a triton test on your tank. The aluminium probably had a negative effect on the tank
Old 04-26-2018, 06:25 PM
JMac JMac 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugger View Post
It would be interesting to do a triton test on your tank. The aluminium probably had a negative effect on the tank
I have that in mind but when I read today in one of the forums it had said they dont even test for nitrate I dont know whether that is true or not but it is a big concern of mine
Old 04-26-2018, 07:35 PM
Bugger Bugger 目前線上
ZEOdabbler

Do yo u mean aluminum reread
Old 04-26-2018, 07:54 PM
JMac JMac 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugger View Post
Do yo u mean aluminum reread
I understand your interest in the MP impact on the system but no I was talking about nitrate. I cant see it not being tested for Nitrate but thats what I read. have u ever had a test done? if so where did u send it Germany or California?
Old 04-27-2018, 02:02 AM
ohashimz ohashimz 目前離線
ZEOhead

Quote:
I understand your interest in the MP impact on the system but no I was talking about nitrate. I can’t see it not being tested for Nitrate but that’s what I read. have u ever had a test done? if so where did u send it Germany or California?
Triton icp do not test no3. Testing no3 is tricky if the water sample is couple of days old.
That being said icp is useful for all other elements like heavy metal and accurate po4.
No3 can be tested nowadays with commodity kits like redsea low range kit so I do not see a problem there.
That's being said, I do not think it's worth doing icp joe given how light your system load is. I would do it after having the system mature more.
Start your zeo system as Alex recommended, ho over the first phase, then once you achieve low po4 no3 and start adding coral, do an icp gor base line
Old 04-27-2018, 06:26 AM
JMac JMac 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
First of all I would recommend to download the dosing guide from:

http://www.korallen-zucht.de/files/z..._english-1.pdf

It contains a lot of useful information and will be helpful to get a feeling for the dosage.

First start with the basics products to decrease nutrients:

1. Place 1.2 liter zeovit in a Zeo Reactor. Water flow around 130 US gallons per hour. Connect the reactor pump to a clock timer and run the reactor pump with a 3 hour on / 3 hour off / 3 hour on interval. Please make sure the zeolite is not exposed to air while the pump is switched off. Clean the material daily. Leave the zeolite 4 weeks in the filter until you do the first change out. This is the first changing interval, others could be lengthen to 6 8 weeks.

2. Place 0.5 liters activated carbon in a filter sock and keep it in a passive water flow in your sump, changed every 30 days. Knead the carbon daily to keep the surface clean. Most users get perfect results with korallenzucht carbon.

3. Dose 5 drops ZeoBac daily for the first 2 weeks, flowed by a 2 3 x weekly dosage of 5 drops. Dose 0.5 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily (morning & evening). Dose those in front of the Zeo reactor pump while it is switched on.

4. Later on you could use the additional products for coral coloration. Adjust your skimmer to skim wet, keeping it clean to export as much as possible. Do a weekly water change of 5 10 % with a good salt.

With the system it is not recommended to use a PO4 absorber. I would recommend to remove 1/3 of the absorber if you start with zeovit, than reduce the rest over the next 6 8 weeks step by step to zero. If this is done keep a eye on the PO4 level which should not increase.

Basic water parameters looking good, try to keep them as stabile as possible close the NSW in the following ranges:

KH 6.5 7.5
Ca 400 420 mg
Mg 1250 1300 mg
K+ ~ 380 mg

For a nutrient poor environment K+ (potassium) seems to be a important element. I would recommend you to get a test kit for this element also, posting your results.

Also stop dosing everything else except you Ca and KH supplement you already use at the moment. As I do not have my own experiences with the marine block material you use but hear from a couple of people that they can leach harmful substances it might also be better to remove it.

This is a start-up dosage which might have to be adjusted later.

G.Alexander
what brand test kit would you recommend for K+ ?
Old 04-27-2018, 08:51 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Quote:
what brand test kit would you recommend for K+ ?
Salifert is by far the easiest one to get a good, accurate, reading from.

KZ gives a good indication if you're above or below 400, but other than that it's hard to see exactly what concentration you have.

Red sea I haven't tested, but heard it's like KZ's.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:27 AM
JMac JMac 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Salifert is by far the easiest one to get a good, accurate, reading from.

KZ gives a good indication if you're above or below 400, but other than that it's hard to see exactly what concentration you have.

Red sea I haven't tested, but heard it's like KZ's.
ok thanks I use mostly Salifert now anyway
Old 04-30-2018, 03:38 PM
JMac JMac 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

my zeolite zeobak & zeostart along with activated carbon arrived. everything is in place. does zeobak & zeostart need to be refrigerated after opening?
Old 04-30-2018, 07:06 PM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
ZEOhead

Quote:
my zeolite zeobak & zeostart along with activated carbon arrived. everything is in place. does zeobak & zeostart need to be refrigerated after opening?
Zeobak should be kept in the refrigerator, yes. Start should not.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:02 PM
JMac JMac 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

Quote:
Zeobak should be kept in the refrigerator, yes. Start should not.
thank you