zeovit.com Sewatec.de - Reef Supply International  

Go Back   zeovit.com > General Discussion Forums - International > General Discussion - English

General Discussion - English General Marine Aquaria Discussion with and without ZEOVit.

Active Threads
0 switching to zeo system possibly
Last Post: JMac
Posted On: Today
Replies: 83
Views: 2,786
4 Feature Tank Atilla zbek (atillaozbek) - Turkey
Last Post: sjdragonslayer
Replies: 21
Views: 8,474
0 New to zeo
Last Post: Invictoreef
Replies: 36
Views: 2,059
0 The Island Reef
Last Post: sjdragonslayer
Replies: 137
Views: 22,317
0 New zeovit in France
Last Post: Positron
Replies: 22
Views: 1,466
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 55
Views: 2,489
0 Zeovit 14 days cycle red sea reefer 250
Last Post: behague0104
Replies: 28
Views: 2,180
0 Reef aquarium 750 liters
Last Post: Wolskinyc
Replies: 9
Views: 478
0 Help with 14 day cycle
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 3
Views: 269
0 Zeovit with automation
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 2
Views: 143
More...

Old 05-13-2018, 12:21 PM
Ginkaku Ginkaku ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Default New to zeovit

Hi all, am new to zeovit system

Tell us about your tank.
Please give us answers to the following questions in order to get more accurate dosing recommendations.

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter
250L
2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter
250L
3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique
Co2 reactor
4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.)
No
5. Are you using Ozone
No
6. Are you using UV
No
7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume)
Skimz sn123
8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels
Have not checked since day1
9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels
Ca 460 Alk 7.2 Mg 1290
10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.)
Is using marinepure block considered filteration?
11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.)
ATI 6x24watts
12. What corals do you keep
95%sps
13. Tissue color (light or dark)
Dark
14. How long has the tank been running
71days
15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system
Coloration
16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.)
Zeobak/Start/SP/FWS/CB/CS/BB
17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.)
Dead and some life rocks (Aquaroche)
18. Any present problems
Poor coloration and some STN from base/tips
19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.)
Some sps STN from base some on tips
20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.)
Salifert
21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.)
Bak 3drops/2days, start 0.4ml/daily, SP 2drops/daily, FWS 2ml/daily, CB 2ml/2days, CS 2ml/2days, BB 2ml/2days
22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.)
Salinity at 1.026 temp at 25
23. Which salt brand do you use
Tropic marin pro
Old 05-13-2018, 12:27 PM
Ginkaku Ginkaku ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Question is, did i dose wrongly? Or is it cuz im using dead rock and its not mature yet? When i do transfer my corals to this new tank my sps colorations was great until not too long they all turn brown and started stn from the base and tips. What cud i have gone wrong?pls advice thks
Old 05-13-2018, 02:26 PM
Bugger Bugger ثeuW
ZEOdabbler

Stray ammonia. The tank was not cycled
Old 05-13-2018, 07:01 PM
jacky jacky ثeuW
ZEOhead in Training

Phosphate content and excessive amounts of elements may cause darkness in the tissue. The amount of zeolite flow can also lead to different results. The k-number of the spectrum also has an effect. Checking po4&no3 may be at the heart of your problem. "If you know the value of np, you can do it first. This question is ruled out. In addition, if potassium is important under the water quality of malnutrition, a small suggestion, maybe not the above relationship, and then ask senior seniors to see
Old 05-13-2018, 11:36 PM
Ginkaku Ginkaku ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugger View Post
Stray ammonia. The tank was not cycled
Wat makes u said its not cycle? Or cud u pls elaborate how to justify that tank is already completed cycle?
I dont have algae issues, as of now...only the starting phase i had plenty of green/brown algaes all over bt not anymore.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:40 PM
Ginkaku Ginkaku ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
Phosphate content and excessive amounts of elements may cause darkness in the tissue. The amount of zeolite flow can also lead to different results. The k-number of the spectrum also has an effect. Checking po4&no3 may be at the heart of your problem. "If you know the value of np, you can do it first. This question is ruled out. In addition, if potassium is important under the water quality of malnutrition, a small suggestion, maybe not the above relationship, and then ask senior seniors to see
I see..perhaps it was excessive elements..bt i have already stopped all elements except for bak,start and sp. Still i dont get any lighten colors of sps like i use to in the first few phase..😔 and as for zeolite flow, am using sicce 400l/hr adjusted to 200l/hr...
Old 05-14-2018, 12:10 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander ثeu
ZEOadmin

Can you please check the actual PO4 and NO3 level ?
Please also post which kind of test kits you have used therefore.

How many ZeoVit material do you run exactly and how often do you change it ?
Please also measure the ZeoVit reactor flow to make sure it is not to high. Collect the water from the reactor outlet for 30 seconds with a smaller container and multiply its volume with 120.

How much and which kind of carbon do you use and have you placed it in a reactor ?

If possible some pictures of your tank and the sump would be helpful also.

G.Alexander
Old 05-14-2018, 12:47 AM
jacky jacky ثeuW
ZEOhead in Training

The start of the first phase of the ZEOvit method. Basic 4 is used to reduce nutrients in a balanced manner. With the consumption of nutrients and "reserves," corals become brighter and lighter, and the dose of zeo becomes less. The five basic components of the ZEOvit system interact to effectively reduce nutrients and establish water conditions close to the parameters coral encounters in natural habitats. The five basic components are:

1. Zeovit equilibrium mixture (ZEOvit). The
2. Microorganism solution (ZEObak). The
3. Combination of bacteria and coral food (ZEO sponge power)
4. Bacterial foods (ZEOstart)
5. Constant filtration with activated charcoal. #kz recommends using Live Rock which is very helpful for the establishment of biology. #
Old 05-15-2018, 12:40 AM
Ginkaku Ginkaku ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
Can you please check the actual PO4 and NO3 level ?
Please also post which kind of test kits you have used therefore.

How many ZeoVit material do you run exactly and how often do you change it ?
Please also measure the ZeoVit reactor flow to make sure it is not to high. Collect the water from the reactor outlet for 30 seconds with a smaller container and multiply its volume with 120.

How much and which kind of carbon do you use and have you placed it in a reactor ?

If possible some pictures of your tank and the sump would be helpful also.

G.Alexander
Hi Alex,

Am using salifert test kits
As for zeovit stones am using 500g of it, as for flow am running at the minimum of at least 200l/hr. Just change 90% of the stones few days ago and currently dosing as per 2drops for 10days. Currently using fm carbon at 200g is it too much?due soon and will be changing to 100g after reading thru few threads, and i place it in a mesh bag on the 2nd compartment of my sump. As for pictures, i'll try to post some tonight...before and aft as in when i first started and currently now as most of my sps are brown..��
Old 05-15-2018, 12:44 AM
Ginkaku Ginkaku ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky View Post
The start of the first phase of the ZEOvit method. Basic 4 is used to reduce nutrients in a balanced manner. With the consumption of nutrients and "reserves," corals become brighter and lighter, and the dose of zeo becomes less. The five basic components of the ZEOvit system interact to effectively reduce nutrients and establish water conditions close to the parameters coral encounters in natural habitats. The five basic components are:

1. Zeovit equilibrium mixture (ZEOvit). The
2. Microorganism solution (ZEObak). The
3. Combination of bacteria and coral food (ZEO sponge power)
4. Bacterial foods (ZEOstart)
5. Constant filtration with activated charcoal. #kz recommends using Live Rock which is very helpful for the establishment of biology. #
Hi Jacky,

I do understand that, to a certain extend which i got myself confuse with why sudden browning of all my sps..😓 what confused me was on one zeovit system mentioned to use zeofood and the other mentioned to use spongepower...this triggered me to ask in the forum...hence im still new with reefing...best solution for me is to ask and read...which i did...bt end up i got myself confused..with zeofood vs spongepower..😓
Old 05-15-2018, 12:55 AM
Ginkaku Ginkaku ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Furthermore i do have quite a no. of fishes tho...cud that also be the issue? I have a total of 9 fishes...and feeding is daily..half tea stirer of mysis. Cleaning of stones are also done 2xdaily(am n pm)
Old 05-15-2018, 11:48 PM
G.Alexander G.Alexander ثeu
ZEOadmin

I would recommend you a high sensitive test kit or a photometer for PO4 as the test you do use is not really accurate with the low concentrations. I do expect that the reason for the brown corals are elevated nutrients so knowing the actual level would really be important.

The ZeoVit material is not measured by weight, it is measured by volume so for your system size of 250 liters use 0.6 liters of the material with a flow of ~ 250 liters per hour through the reactor. As the material is a natural material the weight can differ.

200 grams of carbon is OK if you use it passively flown in a mash bag.

As you mention that you keep 9 fishes, which kind of fishes those are and what about their sizes ?

G.Alexander
Old 05-16-2018, 03:36 AM
Ginkaku Ginkaku ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Alexander View Post
I would recommend you a high sensitive test kit or a photometer for PO4 as the test you do use is not really accurate with the low concentrations. I do expect that the reason for the brown corals are elevated nutrients so knowing the actual level would really be important.

The ZeoVit material is not measured by weight, it is measured by volume so for your system size of 250 liters use 0.6 liters of the material with a flow of ~ 250 liters per hour through the reactor. As the material is a natural material the weight can differ.

200 grams of carbon is OK if you use it passively flown in a mash bag.

As you mention that you keep 9 fishes, which kind of fishes those are and what about their sizes ?

G.Alexander
Hi Alex,

Ok point noted on the testkits which i shud get.

As ur saying 0.6L of material which i assume its abt 600g? Im sorry im not too sure abt it..as i do a normal calculataiom of 1L = 1000ml hope u cn lighten me on this.

As for carbon yes, its at the 2nd chamber of my sump with passive flow.

As for fishes, i do have 5chromis 1 sunburst 1 flamehawk 1 chrismast wrasse and 1 tomini all are of abt 2-3cm except for the flamehawk which is abt 5cm. Hope this helps
Old 05-16-2018, 04:02 AM
Ginkaku Ginkaku ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginkaku View Post
Hi Alex,

Ok point noted on the testkits which i shud get.

As ur saying 0.6L of material which i assume its abt 600g? Im sorry im not too sure abt it..as i do a normal calculataiom of 1L = 1000ml hope u cn lighten me on this.

As for carbon yes, its at the 2nd chamber of my sump with passive flow.

As for fishes, i do have 5chromis 1 sunburst 1 flamehawk 1 chrismast wrasse and 1 tomini all are of abt 2-3cm except for the flamehawk which is abt 5cm. Hope this helps
Attached is when i started with zeovit aft 30days

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2018, 04:04 AM
Ginkaku Ginkaku ثeu
ZEOhead in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginkaku View Post
Attached is when i started with zeovit aft 30days

This is now...everything turns brown, with few sps STN from the base..