zeovit.com Vertex  

Go Back   zeovit.com > Picture Forums > Tank Gallery (All Languages)

Tank Gallery (All Languages) Please share your tank in general/building process etc.

Active Threads
0 switching to zeo system possibly
Last Post: JMac
Posted On: Today
Replies: 83
Views: 2,788
4 Feature Tank Atilla 畤bek (atillaozbek) - Turkey
Last Post: sjdragonslayer
Replies: 21
Views: 8,474
0 New to zeo
Last Post: Invictoreef
Replies: 36
Views: 2,059
0 The Island Reef
Last Post: sjdragonslayer
Replies: 137
Views: 22,317
0 New zeovit in France
Last Post: Positron
Replies: 22
Views: 1,466
0 jacky Novice questions for improvement
Last Post: jacky
Replies: 55
Views: 2,491
0 Zeovit 14 days cycle red sea reefer 250
Last Post: behague0104
Replies: 28
Views: 2,180
0 Reef aquarium 750 liters
Last Post: Wolskinyc
Replies: 9
Views: 478
0 Help with 14 day cycle
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 3
Views: 269
0 Zeovit with automation
Last Post: G.Alexander
Replies: 2
Views: 143
More...
Old 04-23-2018, 11:58 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

Default A restart

Hey people!

After setting up my reef around 3 years ago, and barely getting past the "trouble stage", I ended up having to empty it out and let it stand by while I was working away from home. Unable to take care of the tank I decided it was best to let it stand until I could, and now's that time!

Of course I'm set on running SPS zeovit again

Same tank, a few changes:

Tank: 75x50x35, rimless optiwhite, drilled and running a simple but quiet overflow.
Sump: 65x42.5x35, built in top-off section.
Flow: 2x MP10wQD controlled by a reeflink + return Jebao DC2000 (will probably be replaced with a Vectra S1 sooner or later, when I get tired of the "humming")
Light: ATI LED Powermodule hybrid, 24" 4xT5, 1x 75w LED.
Skimmer: Bubble Magus Curve 5.
Zeoreactor: Cleartides 1L, will see if I keep this or if I try and find something automatic in the future.
Doser/ATO: Pacific sun kore 5th.

Tank is currently cycling, on day 9 so soon time for a few grazers and a test SPS to see how everything is going.

Parameters are pretty solid:
Sg: 1.0252 (stable)
pH: 8.1 (stable, will see how it fluctuates once some photosynthesis kicks in for real)
Alk: 7.8
Ca: 400
Mg: 1290
NO3: 0.2
PO4: 0.028
K: 400
Temp 25.3 (starts at 25 in the morning, reaches 26.5+ in the evening on a hot day, contemplating getting a chiller for summer months)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2041.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	21080

During the first few days the tank went through the expected diatom bloom, and I'm currently experiencing some kind of green algae slowly spreading throughout the rockwork. Hoping that once the herbivores get in, the algae will disappear, especially with nutrients being so low.

Daily dosing schedule:
2 drops of ZB
2 drops of SP
0.15 ml ZS3 x2

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter 180L
2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter 150L
3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique 2/3 part
4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) NO
5. Are you using Ozone NO
6. Are you using UV NO
7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) BM Curve 5, needlewheel, rated for "700L", realistically 350-400L
8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels 0.028/0.2
9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels 400/7.8/1290
10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) Only live rock
11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) T5 96w and LED 75w
12. What corals do you keep Tank cycling
13. Tissue color (light or dark) NIL
14. How long has the tank been running 9 days
15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system Coloration, vitality, appearance
16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) Currently only according to schedule
17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) 8kg
18. Any present problems Slight algae, part of startup
19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) Brown-greenish algae has taken roots where the diatoms were, shares similarities with, but I don't think it is, bryopsis, see picture
20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) Refractometer calibrated before/after every testing. Hanna for Alk and ULR phosphorus. Salifert for the rest, 2 weeks old.
21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.) 375ml zeovit stones, 145l/h flow measured. 2 drops of ZB, 2 drops of SP, 0.15mlx2 ZS3.
22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.) See above
23. Which salt brand do you use KZ Reefers bio reef salt

Glad to have you guys aboard!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_7985.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	21081   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0075.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	21082   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1635.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	21083  
Old 04-24-2018, 02:06 AM
G.Alexander G.Alexander 目前離線
ZEOadmin

Welcome back, looking forward to see the progress of your new system.

G.Alexander
Old 04-24-2018, 10:23 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

Thank you Alexander, glad to have you following along!
Old 04-24-2018, 01:38 PM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

Day 10, unfortunately not able to get to the LFS for the first inhabitants yet, tomorrow...

Todays parameters:

temp: 25軏
Sg: 1.0254-1.0256
Alk: 7.6 (Hanna. Either measurement error or something is consuming Alk in a decent pace...)
Ca: 410 (Salifert, risen with salinity)
Mg: 1310 (salifert, risen with salinity)
ph: 8.1
K: 410 (risen with salinity
NO3: 0 (Salifert, no coloration visible)
PO4: 0 (Hanna ULR P, so can be between 0-0.015 PO4)

Apparently the zeovit is doing its job of stripping the water of nutrients. Will be interesting to see what happens once the first fish gets in and some food starts being consumed.

Today I have prepped the KZ active carbon (150ml), by first "activating" it with near boiling RO water, and then rinsed it with more RO. Currently "soaking" in RO water overnight, ready to be used tomorrow when first animals get in the tank. Will be using a filter mesh bag, and placing it where the water goes in to the return area of my sump.

Tomorrow I'm able to go to the LFS, and hopefully find a suitable fish, ideally a blenny to help with the algae. Will also pick out good test coral, perhaps a montipora or seriatopora.

Ofc also a CUC will be added, hopefully they have some Turbo Fluctuosa in case my algae issues turn out to be Bryopsis. Since nutrients are so low, it would surprise me if the bryopsis actually turns out to be an issue at this stage.

Lastly I'll receive my replacement control box for the ATI, which will (hopefully) fix an issue I have with the T5's "flickering" when they're supposed to be turned off. Really good service from ATI and the retailer on sorting that out.

Pics will come tomorrow once I get everything in the tank.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:55 PM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

Was able to visit the LFS today and get some living things in the tank unfortunately theyve just moved and didnt have any suitable fish in... but got a CUC and 2 frags to test the waters a bit... a Montipora confusa and an australian seriatopora hystrix.

Name:	ae1c1df4e056f34ed5aab018b20dce94.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	21089

Name:	62fdbe6d4fc244e3c621295eff767929.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	21090

Both looking great now about 9 hours since getting in the water, the montipora had some mucus out for a bit, but that disappeared quickly. Both were dipped in FM The dip but nothing else than isopods came off the frags.

Also got an assortment of invertebrates, the hermits are doing a good job of clearing some of the rocks from algae already, hopefully theyll keep it up!

Name:	efed83e0493af69992f8abfaaccaa561.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	21091

Since theres no fish in the system yet, Ill keep a close eye on the frags for signs of starvation. Zeostart is basically a lot of nitrates, and spongepower should supply some nutrients as well, both being dosed daily. Will be on the lookout for fish

Noticed I desperately need to start using the proper camera with a yellow filter for night pics, impossible to catch fluorescence with only the iPhone.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:56 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

Default A restart

Definitely diagnosed the algae as Bryopsis, have manually removed some today, also trying to get hold of an bryopsis-eating nudibranch (Elysia Crispata) as it's spreading a bit too quick for my liking.

The corals are doing good, lots of PE, no loss in color. They've yet to be moved from the sandbed, and light is still set in "acclimation mode". Will move them to the rocks tomorrow and keep an eye on how they react. Will ramp up the light to normal during beginning of next week.

Tested most but not all parameters today:
Sg: 1.0259 (had to replace some water lost during acclimation of the livestock introduced on wednesday, during that time no topoff was done by ATO, and hence the slightly higher salinity.)
Temp 25.1蚓
ph: 8.1
KH: 7.7
K: 410
NO3: 0
PO4: 0.049, so 0.031-0.067 (could be a slight misread from having a little particles in the water after stirring sand and rocks cleaning them from algae, or phosphates were released when working... Will be interesting to see how "quick" they "disappear".)
Old 04-29-2018, 05:06 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

So, 14d cycle has passed, since theres no fish in the system yet, should I still decrease dosing of ZB and SP as according to the guide? Will try to get the first fish in the system the following week.

Corals look to be doing good, the monti is getting harassed by hermits on a daily basis, so need to get that off the sand bed, the hystrix has been mounted to the LR.

Still battling the algae/bryopsis, although it looks to have trouble growing back in the places where its been removed, either by me or the blue tux urchin. Hopefully that is due to the low nutrients.

Will perform a full test of parameters later today.

Old 04-29-2018, 04:19 PM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

Parameters from today.

Sg: 1.0259
Temp: 25蚓
pH: 8.05-8.1
KH: 7.4 - Dropping quicker than I thought it should. Have some buffert standing by to keep it at just over 7.0.
Ca: 420
Mg: 1300
K: 420
NO3: Just detectable, estimate less than 0.1, probably residue from me scrubbing rocks from algae + one snail that died (Looked like hermit wanted the shell)
PO4: 0.04 (0.023-0.057 error range)

Will decrease ZB to 2drops 2-3x per week, will continue with SP and ZS3 as before.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:19 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

First acro frag is in the system! no clue which variety it is, will post pictures when polyps are more extended.

Still no fish, and monti is turning a little pale-green, the seriatopora is keeping colours though, parameters are looking pretty good, but I suspect there's a little too little to eat for the corals, will start feeding reef-roids 2 times a week instead of 1. (target feeding small amounts)

Supporting my theory of low-food/nutrients in the system, is that algae (some benign type of bryopsis) is not really growing, at the point where it's barely surviving I think.

Yesterdays parameters:
Sg: 1.0255
Temp: 24.8
KH: 7.5
Ca: 405
K: 420

After removing some water for acclimation of inverts /dipping of acro, Sg is down to 1.0253, will test KH, PO4/NO3 later tonight!
Old 05-03-2018, 02:51 PM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

Camera captures the coloration really badly, its metallic blue-green, with a little more green in the tips. I think itll be very nice once it settles.

So, kh, po4 and no3 tested:
Kh 7.5 - staying where I want, dosing 15ml, equivalent of 0.2 spread out over the day.
Po4: 0.025-0.034 with Hanna (showed 0.034, CQ of reagents were a couple ppb phosphorus over set value, so guessing its closer to 0.025-0.030. Then error range on that so: 0.008-0.045
NO3: undetectable.

Dosing stays the same: 0.15mlx2 ZS3, 2dr SP daily, 2dr ZB x3 week.

Will feed a little reef-roids tomorrow night, and see how the acro reacts to it. Acro is also in a lower light area, + the light has been dimmed (partly due to acclimation, partly due to montipora getting lighter colors, ofc the lack of coloration in monti could be something like iron deficiency if the algae is consuming it, but first seeing if a bit more food + a bit less light will result in richer colors.)

Really want to get some movement (fish) in the tank soon, apparently I chose a bad time to start the tank :P
Old 05-04-2018, 02:24 AM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

This morning PE was noticeably better, snapped a few shots in an effort to ID it.

Phone-camera, so not superb quality
Old 05-06-2018, 03:22 PM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

Default A restart

Update for today,

KH had dropped to 7.3 from 7.5, and checking the dosing pump showed that it was sucking air at the connection for the container. Solved it temporarily, but need to find a better solution...

Algae is losing the battle atm, sand is mostly clear, and the urchin is making pretty good progress on the rocks. Guesstimate about 10-20% of the algae left, hopefully theyll be completely gone soon.

The green Montipora confusa has turned yellow, which I suspect is because of the algae absorbing iron (?) PE is still good, and since I want to get rid of the algae I wont rush to dose iron just yet...

Came home today to the Hystrix with very reduced PE, which is weird cause the monti and Acro were both happily displaying theirs.

A little evening shot from tonight

Old 05-15-2018, 12:35 PM
blackizzz blackizzz 目前線上
Almost a ZEOhead

Performed the first WC (8%-ish) and Zeovit change (50%) this Sunday.

Dosing as follows:

ZB: 2 drops for 10 days after ZV change, then back to 2 drops 2x/week.
SP: 2 drops daily (filter feeders are growing like crazy, I think it also is helping corals some since there no fish in the system)
SS3: 0.15ml x2 daily.

Corals are doing good, and some noticeable growth is showing Will start dosing some "coloration additives" soon, but not until first fish is in (possible coloration is to the pale side due to little to no free nutrition.)

Since everything is good, (if everything stays that way), I'll also start stocking a few more corals soon-ish